ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez

He played well. Didn’t take over the game like someone with his experience potentially could, but for the expectations, he played well. Looks like the entire team and staff realized that having tall, stud receivers is a good things and they deserve more than 5 yard crossing patterns and WR screens.
You have to have some resemblance of on oline. Ours is garbage. I knew as soon as OU pinned their ears back it was over that last drive.

Click on the username. Click "ignore".

HftDtpD.png
You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks man!!

Reactions: bigboxes
Adrian played well today, thought it was arguably the best game of his career. Was really happy to see him play well against a top opponent on national tv. I'm not sure what more he could've done today. He put his team in position to be in the game and win only to see the kicker/special teams unit completely crap the bed again.

Adrian played well today, thought it was arguably the best game of his career. Was really happy to see him play well against a top opponent on national tv. I'm not sure what more he could've done today. He put his team in position to be in the game and win only to see the kicker/special teams unit completely crap the bed again.
He had many good games as a Frosh as well when he had other offensive playmakers…Speilman, Morgan, Ozighbo.

Reactions: timnsun
He took 5 sacks, and we only scored 16 points, so his performance wasn't that great. There were plenty of missed opportunities. One was where we went 5 wide and Manning got open right away on an in route that had no safety help. If Martinez reads that correctly like most D1 quarterbacks would, that's likely a long TD. But instead AM completely misses the read and rolls out to the sideline and throws it away. These kinds of missed opportunities happen multiple times a game because AM is honestly one of the worst qb's in the country at reading defenses and going through progressions.
I saw a few replays where Rattler also didn’t see some open guys, and he’s a heisman candidate. Look I’ve been trash talking AM for a couple years now but today he deserves a little respect.

He took 5 sacks, and we only scored 16 points, so his performance wasn't that great. There were plenty of missed opportunities. One was where we went 5 wide and Manning got open right away on an in route that had no safety help. If Martinez reads that correctly like most D1 quarterbacks would, that's likely a long TD. But instead AM completely misses the read and rolls out to the sideline and throws it away. These kinds of missed opportunities happen multiple times a game because AM is honestly one of the worst qb's in the country at reading defenses and going through progressions.
He avoided a crap ton of sacks and his scrambles were the difference on a number of drives. The OL was maddening in their inconsistency and when he had an iota of time he was very good. He has made poor throws in the past and even a couple were behind receivers in this game, but he had zero turnovers and hit a bunch of critical passes in this game with the receivers in stride. This Adrian Martinez can win a lot of games if the supporting cast plays well with him.

Reactions: timnsun
I saw a few replays where Rattler also didn’t see some open guys, and he’s a heisman candidate. Look I’ve been trash talking AM for a couple years now but today he deserves a little respect.
Why because we scored 16 points in a loss? I echoed my thoughts earlier in the thread in that AM played how he's always played, and he is what he is. He makes some plays just based on his athletic ability, but he also misses a ton of opportunities because he's terrible at reading defenses and going through progressions. I don't think there's any evidence this has changed based on today's game.

I just remembered that Adrian has another year of eligibility due to the pandemic. Do you all think he will come back next season?

I have to admit he had one of his better games today. And he kept us close. But some of those completions can be attributed to awesome catches on throws that weren’t exactly on target. On the other hand he threaded the needle on a few as well. He deserves praise today.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It honestly can't get any worse than the Amart era.
Man…you are glib. If we don’t have AM on the team this year, we are screwed (no hope whatsoever) BUT he’s the problem. I’ll talk to you again this time next year to see if you like our new qb better.

So today, last year…etc. was AM’s fault? Our OL had 5 penalties on the first drive alone and AM still bailed us out and we got points. Our special teams is atrocious. Our OL may be the worst in the past 50 years and coaching IS the worst in the last 50 years. We have no running game outside AMs scrambles. Last year AM had walkon receivers to throw it to (roster not his fault) and a center who would snap it over his head.

The lack of wins is AMs fault. Wow. Weird how all of the coaches we’ve gone up against this year have all singled out AM as the guy they needed to account for. Beliema said he was the only guy he and his coaching staff thought could “beat them”.

Ask a first grader as to what Neb’s problem is he thinks of the only player’s name on the team he recognizes and he says “Mawteenes”. Ask a FB educated adult, they understand there are a multitude of problems that have Neb where we are.

tty next year.

Man…you are glib. If we don’t have AM on the team this year, we are screwed (no hope whatsoever) BUT he’s the problem. I’ll talk to you again this time next year to see if you like our new qb better.

So today, last year…etc. was AM’s fault? Our OL had 5 penalties on the first drive alone and AM still bailed us out and we got points. Our special teams is atrocious. Our OL may be the worst in the past 50 years and coaching IS the worst in the last 50 years. We have no running game outside AMs scrambles. Last year AM had walkon receivers to throw it to (roster not his fault) and a center who would snap it over his head.

The lack of wins is AMs fault. Wow. Weird how all of the coaches we’ve gone up against this year have all singled out AM as the guy they needed to account for. Beliema said he was the only guy he and his coaching staff thought could “beat them”.

Ask a first grader as to what Neb’s problem is he thinks of the only player’s name on the team he recognizes and he says “Mawteenes”. Ask a FB educated adult, they understand there are a multitude of problems that have Neb where we are.

tty next year.
What does that mean? We're averaging 4 wins a year with Amart under center. How could it NOT get better? You fanboys get so emotional. He's not winning. Is that so hard to comprehend?

What does that mean? We're averaging 4 wins a year with Amart under center. How could it NOT get better? You fanboys get so emotional. He's not winning. Is that so hard to comprehend?
What do you mean he’s not winning. If Tommie Frazier is on this team this year…the record is the same. Lack of running game and OL play can make it tough on teams to win. And if the team ain’t blocking, T Frazier would have a very difficult time as running was his strength (he was basically a RB playing QB). He could not have completed 80 percent of the passes today (like AM did) running for his life.

Irving Fryar playing on this team … we are 2-2. Rozier? We are 2-2. That doesn’t mean they weren’t good players. They don’t kick. They don’t whiff on blocks.

On the other side of the coin…AM starting on the 95 Team probably wins the NC.

Did you ever consider that the talent and coaching around you does make a difference in record?

What do you mean he’s not winning. If Tommie Frazier is on this team this year…the record is the same. Lack of running game and OL play can make it tough on teams to win. And if the team ain’t blocking, T Frazier would have a very difficult time as running was his strength (he was basically a RB playing QB). He could not have completed 80 percent of the passes today (like AM did) running for his life.

Irving Fryar playing on this team … we are 2-2. Rozier? We are 2-2. That doesn’t mean they weren’t good players. They don’t kick. They don’t whiff on blocks.

On the other side of the coin…AM starting on the 95 Team probably wins the NC.

Did you ever consider that the talent and coaching around you does make a difference in record?
It's year four. No more excuses.

4 years as starting qb, I'd hope he did something right by now.

we lost

I mean he would have been benched under any other coach not named Scott Frost. I wasn't clear... sorry.
well if we have better then osu, we definitely should have a competitive #2 qb.
I'm gonna need pass happy NU fan to start getting them qb NIL revenues increasing

Amart is a loser. What part of that do you disagree with?
That he’s the best player we have and if he played on one of the Husker great teams..he would probably win a Natty. He’s a much better passer than Frost or Frazier (and they had the best OL in the country). They couldn’t have made all of the throws he did today (on the run). Go back to your coloring book. I’ll check in with you next year with Haarberg at the helm. BTW…Bob the Builder starts in 2 minutes. We are taping it for or nephew.

That he’s the best player we have and if he played on one of the Husker great teams..he would probably win a Natty. He’s a much better passer than Frost or Frazier (and they had the best OL in the country). They couldn’t have made all of the throws he did today (on the run). Go back to your coloring book. I’ll check in with you next year with Haarberg at the helm. BTW…Bob the Builder starts in 2 minutes. We are taping it for or nephew.
That's on Scott Frost for not having a viable option at QB

Think about it. Nobody will remember Amart as the guy who could have won with the 95 squad (derp). They'll barely remember his name. When prompted they'll say, "I remember that loser!"

Think about it. Nobody will remember Amart as the guy who could have won with the 95 squad (derp). They'll barely remember his name. When prompted they'll say, "I remember that loser!"
I don't think he could take the hits frazier did. definitely would fumble a lot more.
frazier was built like a lil tank.
but I do think it would have been a better system for adrian...
I wouldn't call him a loser, he can run like a deer, and throws a decent pass 48.5% of the time.

AM is still indecisive, took sacks when he shouldn't have, and didn't take chances when he should have.

He also had some nice plays today, and took a couple of shots (one ended being a INT) but was glad he took the chance.

AM is who he is. I always thought his max ceiling was maybe getting us to a division title, maybe that is still possible, but his downsides will forever mark a 4-5 year losing spree that didn't have to happen.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT