ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez

Loved the kid today. Did everything he could plus a whole lot more. Take Adrian out of this game and it's a blowout OU win.
I loved his play also. The games we lose this season will be due to boneheaded O-Line play and lack of Special Teams. Our O-line is the worst in the Big-10 and our Special Teams is dead last in all of FBS.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So he's had one real bad play in 4 games with our shit OL? Seems pretty good. He's had a good season overall. Hope it continues.
Umm… 1 real bad play?

He was fine today. But let’s not rewrite history bc of it

Gameplan was good, hopefully we can find a push and continue limiting his exposure

Illinois wasn't just one bad play, his accuracy was terrible most of that game. Sure would be nice to be 3-1 coming off a respectable showing against OU, but nope. We're 2-2 with a terrible loss. It will haunt us all season in our quest for a bowl game.

Reactions: Swiv3D
I’ve been as harsh on Martinez as anyone, but he proved me flat wrong today. It was the game of his career and he played good enough to beat the #3 team in the country. If we get this QB and Defense the rest of the year we’ll go bowling for sure.

Reactions: BleedRed78
How do you block a poster?

Not you OP, a certain cartoon character...
Click on the username. Click "ignore".

HftDtpD.png

He was fine today, but let’s not forget his backbreaking fumble for TD week 0
I have been critical of him but am also showing him some love today. He played much smarter and protected the football (aside from the one INT). That’s all I hope he would do to help win games.

I have been critical of the O-line and Special Teams a lot and will give out shout outs to them as well if they are able to turn the corner.

He was fine today, but let’s not forget his backbreaking fumble for TD week 0
Due to 4 Defensive lineman getting past our OL amost immediately and gang raping him in the backfield. Those of you that are down on AM…you are going to be hugely disappointed next year. Haarberg gets killed out there today and no way Smothers throws for close to 80 percent. Our QB play will experience a severe downgrade next year…whether you like AM or not.

I have been critical of him but am also showing him some love today. He played much smarter and protected the football (aside from the one INT). That’s all I hope he would do to help win games.

I have been critical of the O-line and Special Teams a lot and will give out shout outs to them as well if they are able to turn the corner.

The INT was no big deal, but he did make a terrible decision and got extremely lucky on the ignorant throw in the end zone that was intercepted out of bounds. This was his best game in a long time though

Due to 4 Defensive lineman getting past our OL amost immediately and gang raping him in the backfield. Those of you that are down on AM…you are going to be hugely disappointed next year. Haarberg gets killed out there today and no way Smothers throws for close to 80 percent. Our QB play will experience a severe downgrade next year…whether you like AM or not.
If our new QB can win at least 6 games it will be an improvement.

Reactions: oldjar07
If our new QB can win at least 6 games it will be an improvement.
So…you see Haarberg or Smothers being an upgrade next year over AM…especially if our OL continues to play poorly?

No way do we come within 7 of OU today without AM. Imagine playing QB with no OL on the field. There are times today that AM didn’t have to imagine.

Almost an 80 percent completion rate when being pressured almost every down. How is that hit and miss? That’s an A performance against a good opponent.
He took 5 sacks, and we only scored 16 points, so his performance wasn't that great. There were plenty of missed opportunities. One was where we went 5 wide and Manning got open right away on an in route that had no safety help. If Martinez reads that correctly like most D1 quarterbacks would, that's likely a long TD. But instead AM completely misses the read and rolls out to the sideline and throws it away. These kinds of missed opportunities happen multiple times a game because AM is honestly one of the worst qb's in the country at reading defenses and going through progressions.

So…you see Haarberg or Smothers being an upgrade next year over AM…especially if our OL continues to play poorly?
No way
He took 5 sacks, and we only scored 16 points, so his performance wasn't that great. There were plenty of missed opportunities. One was where we went 5 wide and Manning got open right away on an in route that had no safety help. If Martinez reads that correctly like most D1 quarterbacks would, that's likely a long TD. But instead AM completely misses the read and rolls out to the sideline and throws it away. These kinds of missed opportunities happen multiple times a game because AM is honestly one of the worst qb's in the country at reading defenses and going through progressions.
gothcha. Have fun watching our off if AM gets hurt. Yikes! : o

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
He played well. Didn’t take over the game like someone with his experience potentially could, but for the expectations, he played well. Looks like the entire team and staff realized that having tall, stud receivers is a good things and they deserve more than 5 yard crossing patterns and WR screens.

The star of the game wasn't anybody. We lost a game we had every opportunity to win.

I don’t know which Adrian we will see next week… but dang, some of you guys just can’t bring yourself to give him any credit, can you? Must be miserable being in some of your shoes…
[/QUOTE]
Exactly.. last week it was we havent played anyone... lets talk next week after he plays an actual legit team...today its well we lost and he still missed throws... i give up ..just gonna root for the team the best I can.. these guys honestly ruin being a fan

Jedi master I am, cartoon character I am not! A little fun I am having, is all. What rules have I broke? Respectful I have been. Worse post I have seen, worse than anything I have posted. Lighten up, you need to do. Have a little fun, you need to do.
Talk like you arent 12 and you wouldnt be so damn annoying. Abnoxious as hell you are.

Reactions: huntered
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT