ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez Starting QB

Husker Hambone

Sophomore
Sep 15, 2013
The guy is on the struggle bus man! He is afraid of his shadow right now or has the YIPs. Needs to sit. Guy is just not cutting it. He doesn’t look good at all.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
He is not there mentally. Funny thing is.... everyone praised his mentality last season.

No. He is doing exactly what coaches have asked.
Quit calling out 2am.
Mario and Scott have the reins and are pulling extra hard right now

I think he will turn it around a bit going foward. way to much hype this year and his 2 top playmakers left. Couple that with the ineffective offensive line and you've got trouble. The gripe I have is in the run game. He seems to have completely lost the ability to naturally scramble. Hopefully that goes away but personally think he's a year away from grooving with all the pieces around him

Reactions: headcard
The only gripe I have is that he doesn't take the ball in both hands and plow through a DB. He's what? 200+ lbs and has good speed. He should be able to turtle the ball and lay out some punishment.

I do not think any of the back ups would have better results at this point. Maybe he is too over coached and afraid to make a mistake.
If he's afraid sit him out. I don't care if the backups aren't any better. Martinez confidence issues is affecting the whole team.

it's the truth, but no one wants to see it. just coddle him like everyone else has, and enjoy the next two years of suckage.

You can’t see the future. You look good right now but we have no idea what’s to come.

I've been right about Martinez since last year. 99.9% sure of what I see.

You look good now. But you’re not a fortune teller. You’re just cocky. Maybe you’re right but trying to deal in absolutes regarding the future is bold

I see.. so having Vedral come in some how proves something either way?
Sorry. I can't have an intelligent conversation with an a-hole that refers to a player on our team as a bum. Is Martinez struggling? Yes. Has he done a single thing to deserve a loser like you calling him a bum? No. The end.

well I feel equally about dumb husker fans that can't actually see what has been happening with this QB. If you honestly believe he is really trying, then I feel bad for you.
If you honestly think he hasn't been trying then you're a bigger moron than I thought.

whatever dude.. at no point in time have I ever seen Martinez want it. He's never wanted it. He is an afraid scaredy cat. Get it through your dumb skull already.
He didn't want it when he just blew his knee trying to get a first down? Again - you're a moron.

Reactions: timnsun
I wasn't talking about a damn first down. I'm talking about winning a game, coming back from behind, actually meeting a challenge head on. If your bar is a measly first down, then so be it, I've seen him not care about the first down multiple times. You're just grasping for straws to defend the lousy play of Martinez.
Yeah. Never said anything about defending his lousy play. You're just not smart enough to understand the difference between criticizing the play and saying a good kid is a bum and isn't trying. Scott Frost would kick your ass if you said your BS to his face.

Reactions: dew4red
I know Martinez if healthy will be the starter. it seems like Frost refuses to bench people for poor play but Vedral seemed faster and more decisive than Martinez. Martinez looks lost out there and just checking every pass down refusing to throw farther than 5 yards.

We have a QB controversy in Lincoln. Martinez has talent. Hopefully this will be what makes him become the leader Frost and this team needs

I'm fine with Martinez being replaced for poor play. Vedral look good. I'll defend any kid on this team that has a loser like the jerk off in this thread calling him a bum.

I know Martinez if healthy will be the starter. it seems like Frost refuses to bench people for poor play but Vedral seemed faster and more decisive than Martinez. Martinez looks lost out there and just checking every pass down refusing to throw farther than 5 yards.

We need somebody that can manage the game and make quick decisions in pocket.

I don't give a rats A$$ about arm strength and how you play in practice If you can't manage the game and be decisive in live games you shouldn't be out there.

Vedral looks better as of right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT