ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez looking much slimmer in the video clips

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Looking closer to 200 pounds. In shape. Should be lightning fast. Expecting some T-Magic/Crouch out of him this season.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBeav815
he's had alot of time, hopefully he gets his head right

Last edited:
He’s so fast this year, he’ll be throwing swing passes to himself.

60238759.jpg

Looking closer to 200 pounds. In shape. Should be lightning fast. Expecting some T-Magic/Crouch out of him this season.
Sean Callahan watched the same videos on Twitter and was able to write article about it.

LOL

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I hope he is so fast he can be the first one to the end zone to congratulate the RB's on the long TD runs they have. Also the long passing T's he has to WR's. That is the speed I really want to see.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
they're in half pads & a green jersey

wonder when chaz thinks other teams bust out this non-contact '11 on 11', '1s vs 1s' business. gotta be like, what, week 3 of camp?

wicked, insane cut by AM 5 yards deep got him back to the LOS! Nelson's only job is to turn everything inside.

Last edited:
I DON'T want to see him run more so he can be injured. I want to see him pass more accurately and read defenses better. That's my wish for the season.
This.

Will be able to tell in the Illinois game if this offense will move forward this year.

If he is running all over the place in order for us to move the ball, the offense is screwed.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No he doesn't. Qb's have gotten injured just doing that. Heck Martinez tried it last year and landed on his head because of it.
So you would rather have him take hits Yea that makes sense. QB's slide. That is what they need to do. No need to take hits. You do not get hurt and you do not fumble.

Reactions: timnsun
can anyone tell us when was the last time a predominantly running QB won the b1g?

how about a national title?

He's played north of his ideal weight the last couple years IMO. That said it hasn't been his body that has slowed him down, it's been ye olde Paralysis By Analysis. Lot of plays where if he'd take off decisively he moves the chains.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
JC this board is full of cupcakes lately. We need AM to be effective this year, and to do that he needs to be able to run.

Reactions: dinglefritz
So you would rather have him take hits Yea that makes sense. QB's slide. That is what they need to do. No need to take hits. You do not get hurt and you do not fumble.
Haven’t you seen the multiple studies that say sliding is the most dangerous thing you can do on the football field?

• Haha
Reactions: IM4NUalways
Haven’t you seen the multiple studies that say sliding is the most dangerous thing you can do on the football field?
Could be the dumbest thing I have read possibly. If you slide correctly vs getting smacked by an opposing player there is no chance it is more risky. Plus factor in the potential of fumbling. Slide is the best if you can execute it. Not everyone can for some reason.

Reactions: timnsun
He's played north of his ideal weight the last couple years IMO. That said it hasn't been his body that has slowed him down, it's been ye olde Paralysis By Analysis. Lot of plays where if he'd take off decisively he moves the chains.
Seems like the proper time insert the critical role Verduzco plays in this.
He’s paid to get AM ready, and the mental “anti-paralysis” medicine better be part of Dr Mario’s prescription plan.

Reactions: FargoNDHusker
He was noticeably skinnier and quicker in the spring game. Time will tell if that will be good for him while carrying the ball 10+ times a game.

There’s a difference between calling his number too much bc the RB room isn’t producing and freezing up on a play where he’s got got a defender isolated and 5 yards are right in front of him to take.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT