ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez is horrible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a True Freshman that is very talent and a lot of teams would love to have him.
Plus, I think he did not even play his senior year in HS. I think he is pretty impressive and doing a good job. Yes, he is making Freshman mistakes, but he is getting a lot of experience that will be valuable down the road.
Yeah “down the road” he might be good. I’m talking about in the now! Idiots with blinders on won’t admit our lord and savior Scott Frost screwed up by not starting Gebbia. Like you said “ he did not even play his senior year”. You don’t take a kid who hasn’t played in 2 years and START him in a big boy conference! Maybe at UCF this works but not here. Start Gebbia, work Adrian in. Eventually Gebbia transfers and an experienced Martinez takes over in year 2. Would probably be .500 right now!

Yeah “down the road” he might be good. I’m talking about in the now! Idiots with blinders on won’t admit our lord and savior Scott Frost screwed up by not starting Gebbia. Like you said “ he did not even play his senior year”. You don’t take a kid who hasn’t played in 2 years and START him in a big boy conference! Maybe at UCF this works but not here. Start Gebbia, work Adrian in. Eventually Gebbia transfers and an experienced Martinez takes over in year 2. Would probably be .500 right now!
But, it was technically 2 years since Gebbia played.

You don’t usually start a 180lb guy who didn’t play in this type of offense in high school either, yet here you are.

Just admit you are shooting blanks and move on. It’s really okay.

One, it remains to be seen if Gebbia will ever be any good. Two, Gebbia redshirted in 2017 so he is just a rusty with live bullets as Martinez was. Three, Martinez beat out Gebbia during open competition.

There is no evidence that HCSF screwed up. Maybe he did. But there’s no evidence that we would be better off today had Gebbia been named the starter.

Everyone knows you dont start a true freshman... Any staff worth its salt would start a redshirt freshman... Regardless of the sheme they learned as a true freshman... This staff is incompetent and needs to be fired yesterday....

We have blinders on. OK.

It is about 500 to 2 (I’ll give you one other poster who agrees with you, although I don’t know who it is) that Martinez does not, in fact, suck.

And the 500 have blinders on.

Keep the hot takes coming Roy Orbison.

Reactions: headcard
Everyone knows you dont start a true freshman... Any staff worth its salt would start a redshirt freshman... Regardless of the sheme they learned as a true freshman... This staff is incompetent and needs to be fired yesterday....

Saban should be fired too..

No blinders here. Unless Gebbia is an All American in waiting SF no doubt made the right decision. 1. Martinez is much farther along than I was expecting. 2. The live reps he is getting this year is invaluable for the future. It would appear the only idiot is you if you actually have watched our games and came out thinking Martinez is horrible.

h6F739827

Every time I see this thread I have to shake my head.

If some of our fans aren’t the most entitled, whiny little Nancies I don’t know who is.

You wanna know who was a terrible QB for dear ol’ NU? Ron Kellog. Joe Dailey. Zac Lee.

Get some perspective OP. It’s one thing to post inane thought vomit when you’re drunk but you doubled down and went full retard.

Do everyone a favor and go root for a team worth your attention.

If Martinez played his senior year. I don't think he plays for Nebraska right now.

Dude is explosive.

Reactions: Rmac_15
The guy is 71 for 119 for 916 yards through 4 games. That’s a 59.7% completion ratio averaging over 7 yard per attempt with a 133+ QB rating. For comparison Tommy Armstrong’s entire career at NU he had a 53% completion ratio and a 128 QB rating. Taylor Martinez had a 59.8% complication ratio and a 136 QB rating over his career. And Adrian Martinez is putting up similar numbers as a True Freshman behind arguable the worst offensive line in the BIG, if not all of P5 teams. My guess is, by the time he leaves NU he’s going to be one of the best QBs in NU history.

Think whatever you like moron. I question his leadership, and you all act like 24 points is super impressive. Hint, it's not. He is about to be 0-4 as a starter.
Leadership at 18 years old in his fourth game? On the road at Wisconsin? Holy crap you are retarded.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain

Even if Frost would have started Gebbia or made them co starters Gebbia likely still transfers a few games into the season to a school on the quarter system like or st. Once he saw he was not going to be the "realistic starter". So ur point is moot.

Frankly w as bad as our oline is at times, Who knows if gebbs would have even lasted or been injured by now with how slight his frame is. Martinez already got dinged and he has 35lbs in Gebbia.

Gebbia was never going to be here because Martinez was always going to be taking his job at number 1 and gebbia is smart enough to know that.

I hope someone (a mod maybe) reads what BradWesley said a few posts up and Nukes this thread. The OP has lost a lot of street cred on this board for posting it, and I am honestly tired of seeing it. It is obviously FAKE NEWS

Geezus. Once again, the only thing Frost screwed up in the Gebbia situation is HOW it was handled, not who got the starting job. Hell, Gebbia himself would probably tell you that AM is extremely talented and the race was close.

Scott Frost and staff are five games into a complete rebuild, which includes, culture, offensive philosophy, and defensive philosophy. Frost, as a young HC made a mistake, admitted it, and moved on. That's good enough for me. If some of the same mistakes are being made three years from now, I will be standing next to you with a pitchfork. But for now, give it a F'n rest, already.

And trust me....this comes from somebody that was in full support of Gebbia and knows way more about that situation than you do.

Had Mo Washington wide open, all day to throw and gets sacked. Under threw receivers constantly on last drive. Left at least 10 points on the board. Those were just the obvious ones on tv. Can’t imagine how many he missed live.

This might be the dumbest take I have read all year. Congrats OP.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Had Mo Washington wide open, all day to throw and gets sacked. Under threw receivers constantly on last drive. Left at least 10 points on the board. Those were just the obvious ones on tv. Can’t imagine how many he missed live.
I fully understand why you have so few likes with so many posts

Reactions: timnsun
I think a lot of you guys are mad because he is right. Martinez may be a great athlete, but he isn't a leader, certainly not the kind of leader this team needs. He needs to take charge of things out there, and hold guys accountable, and he isn't doing that. I think Adrian is a nice guy and all, but I'm not sure I would play for him.
If you really think that Frosh QB's are great leaders 5 games into their first season then you have no clue and aren't a very well-informed fan. Make sure you know what you are talking about before posting. When you have 1/2 the amount of likes that you have posts then that should tell you something.

Reactions: timnsun
Tommie Frazier was a true freshman as well when he almost won us a national title!
This is not true.

As a true freshman, Tommie Frazier did not almost win us a national title.

The team went 9-3 with an ugly loss to Iowa State with Frazier under center, and the bowl game loss to Florida State was not as close as the 27-14 score would indicate. The team around Tommie was so much better that the scout team would beat the current starters worse than Michigan. However, Tommie completed only 44% of his passes, ran for 399 yards and passed for 727. By comparison, Martinez playing with a vastly inferior squad around him has completed 60% of his passes and thrown for more yards 916 playing in 3.75 games than Tommie did the entire season. And Martinez is on pace to even out-rush Frazier -- with 253 yards after 5 games, when Frazier only had 399 yards rushing in 1992.

So as true freshmen Martinez actually looks considerably better than Frazier so far.

@ru4nu2win your post is idiotic.

Yo dude! a lot of us over here on the scrolls are completely making fun of you and your dumbass thread. It's one thing to be poor enough to not be able to afford to be a member of the scrolls, but another to poor and dumb at the same time! Never go full retard! I guess that doesn't count in your case as you already did!! LMAO!!

Reactions: Rmac_15 and timnsun
Holy God there's buckets of stupid ITT. If you're one of the retards that doubts Martinez's talent, please stop being a husker fan. We don't want to be associated with that kind of Iowan-esque stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT