ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez is horrible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say he did.

My guess is the poster who said that is confusing his fr. and soph. year.

Sorry, and yes..... that was intended for @ru4nu2win

And yes, he is confusing TF's sophomore year with his freshman year. Which is kind of surprising, since ru4nu2win is the greatest message board poster qb coach of all time. That is, unless I am completely wrong....and he actually is just a dipshit that has no clue what the F he is even talking about.

Last edited:
Wow, a True Freshman that is very talent and a lot of teams would love to have him.
Plus, I think he did not even play his senior year in HS. I think he is pretty impressive and doing a good job. Yes, he is making Freshman mistakes, but he is getting a lot of experience that will be valuable down the road.

Dumpster fire. Too bad Tre Neal completely wasted his sr season. Riding the pine at 5-0 would be WAY better than this experience.

Maybe Tre Neal wanted exposure in a big boy conference, instead of playing in front of fewer people than my son does on Friday nights.

Probably the same reason Scott Frost came back to NU.

Sorry, and yes..... that was intended for @ru4nu2win

And yes, he is confusing TF's sophomore year with his freshman year. Which is kind of surprising, since ru4nu2win is the greatest message board poster qb coach of all time. That is, unless I am completely wrong....and he actually is just a dipshit that has no clue what the F he is even talking about.
Ma’am, please don’t disrespect the Royals with your idiotic comments.

giphy.gif

Maybe Tre Neal wanted exposure in a big boy conference, instead of playing in front of fewer people than my son does on Friday nights.

Judging from Neal's poor play thus far, hes probably wishing the he was back in the little boy conference.

Threads like this are not helpful. Even with the game out of hand the kid continues to fight. I'll take that.
They are just plain ignorant . 1st off to the OP who should we start in his place that gives us a better shot to win? 2nd the guy is a true Freshman, didn't play his Senior year of highschool he is going to make mistakes. 3rd He has almost 1,000 yards in offense and 5 TDs in 3 games and 3 quarters. If you think he is the problem on this team you have blinders on.

Reactions: HuskerDana
As well as Martinez played yesterday he could’ve had 3 to 4 interceptions if Wisconsin’s defensive backs could simply hold onto the ball. Just trying to be realistic and I like the future for our quarterback. Winking

Martinez is a gamer!!

Reactions: HuskerDana
That is cool. Lots of people will agree with you. Heck someone earlier said he would be a heisman contender and that I was drunk.. lol..

Martinez will never even be first team all Big Ten. There is more to being a QB than just being an athlete. 0-4 as a starter, and he has shown consistency all right, that he doesn't come through when it is needed.

Everytime there is that moment where winners step up to the challenge, Adrian doesn't seem to get there.. maybe it is not his fault, maybe I should still be making excuses for him, but hey, it's all good. Martinez will be a superstar and all..

Dude do you even Too Fast For Love? Of course you don't! The real Nikki Sixx won't even touch it. (TFFL first Motley Crue record).. Think of this year as Adrian's Too Fast For Love. Hopefully at some point this year, but most likely next spring, the offense and decision making for Adrian will click. Just like Nikki Sixx didn't debut out the gate with Looks That Kill, Shout At the Devil, Dr. Feelgood etc.. Heck, there are 10 songs on that first Motley joint and if you ask me Sixx went 0-10 his first time out. Did you throw him under the bus tho and ride for Poison? No! You stuck to him cuz you knew Girls Girls Girls was around the corner. Give Martinez time.. he'll lock it in and bring us Home Sweet Home just like the real Nikki Sixx did.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

You sound bitter. The only exposure he's getting is complete embarrassment in a corn field....just sayin'. Enjoy watching our bowl game this year, again:). Troy state

Dude do you even Too Fast For Love? Of course you don't! The real Nikki Sixx won't even touch it. (TFFL first Motley Crue record).. Think of this year as Adrian's Too Fast For Love. Hopefully at some point this year, but most likely next spring, the offense and decision making for Adrian will click. Just like Nikki Sixx didn't debut out the gate with Looks That Kill, Shout At the Devil, Dr. Feelgood etc.. Heck, there are 10 songs on that first Motley joint and if you ask me Sixx went 0-10 his first time out. Did you throw him under the bus tho and ride for Poison? No! You stuck to him cuz you knew Girls Girls Girls was around the corner. Give Martinez time.. he'll lock it in and bring us Home Sweet Home just like the real Nikki Sixx did.
I'll give you a like for the effort there, but Too Fast For Love was one of the better albums he wrote imo.

It's not that Adrian has to get a lot better. His athletic skills are already off the chart, and everybody can see that. Sure he can clean up some things, but that is not what I'm talking about.

There is a certain personality type that is needed at qb. I think most people realize that your season is largely predicated on how good of a qb you have, and it's even more important in this offense. This should be your clue right there.

I asked a psychologist friend of mine (not from the US, not a sports person) to look at an interview, and the response I got was: "That person is a sanguine personality type, laid back, makes peace with others, not a sporting type." (i.e. not a competition based personality type)

It's not that Martinez is horrible per the original poster, it's that he doesn't have the right personality type. As everyone has already said, look at his stats.. they are already excellent. There isn't much to fix there. For whatever reason though, the important stats on the scoreboard doesn't reflect that.

Now contrast this with someone like Scott Frost.. a good, but not great athlete. Scott was a great QB because he is such a competitor that he will find ways to win and find ways to make his own breaks on the field.

I"m sure Adrian will get more experience and have some success here, but I am more skeptical of long term success because of this. TG was a vastly more fiery competitor who didn't have Adrian's natural talents, and now I wonder what things could have been.

Last edited:
I'll give you a like for the effort there, but Too Fast For Love was one of the better albums he wrote imo.

It's not that Adrian has to get a lot better. His athletic skills are already off the chart, and everybody can see that. Sure he can clean up some things, but that is not what I'm talking about.

There is a certain personality type that is needed at qb. I think most people realize that your season is largely predicated on how good of a qb you have, and it's even more important in this offense. This should be your clue right there.

I asked a psychologist friend of mine (not from the US, not a sports person) to look at an interview, and the response I got was: "That person is a sanguine personality type, laid back, makes peace with others, not a sporting type." (i.e. not a competition based personality type)

It's not that Martinez is horrible per the original poster, it's that he doesn't have the right personality type. As everyone has already said, look at his stats.. they are already excellent. There isn't much to fix there. For whatever reason though, the important stats on the scoreboard doesn't reflect that.

Now contrast this with someone like Scott Frost.. a good, but not great athlete. Scott was a great QB because he is such a competitor that he will find ways to win and find ways to make his own breaks on the field.

I"m sure Adrian will get more experience and have some success here, but I am more skeptical of long term success because of this. TG was a vastly more fiery competitor who didn't have Adrian's natural talents, and now I wonder what things could have been.

I usually like reading your posts sir. But I'm thinking you're stretching an extremely thin scenario here. I agree AM has more talent than TG could ever dream of......however, AM's attitude seems excellent to me......but what do I know?

Anyways, different strokes for different folks. How boring things would be if we agreed on everything. Smokin

GBR!!

I’ll say this, when Martinez and Maurice Washington are juniors and seniors this offense will be scary good. Most teams with this type of talent at QB and RB tend to own. We suck this year but I see a very talented QB and RB that are true freshman (that’s not to mention the other true freshmen and sophomores playing this year) and I bet anyone on here, by the time they are juniors, they will be owning the BIG10 teams and the Huskers will have a solid team in 1-3 years from now.

You sound bitter. The only exposure he's getting is complete embarrassment in a corn field....just sayin'. Enjoy watching our bowl game this year, again:). Troy state

I'm bitter? This comes from a fan of a wanna be program, visiting the message board of the big boy program that stole their prom date. LMAO. Who is bitter, again? In the grand scheme of things, you are going to be remembered as a nice little story, but you will never eat at the adult table. Seems like you might be the one that is bitter that, even in your best run ever, you are still Nebraska's b**ch off of the field.

I can assure you, I have not watched one game that UCF has played in this season. Maybe you will get the chance to find out how irrelevant your cute little football program is. Go ahead, win all of your games against G5 competition, then go ahead and win a game against a disinterested P5 school in a bowl game, and then make up your own NC. The rest of the country will just smile, laugh, pat you on the head, and then tell you to run along.

I guess you could still, once again, head to your local trophy shop and make up your own championship. In fact, go ahead and do just that....the rest of the country won't notice, anyway.

Outside of Orlando....(hell, by seeing attendance at some of your games last year, even IN ORLANDO) nobody really gives a s#*t about your stepping stone program.

Last edited:
As well as Martinez played yesterday he could’ve had 3 to 4 interceptions if Wisconsin’s defensive backs could simply hold onto the ball. Just trying to be realistic and I like the future for our quarterback. Winking

Martinez is a gamer!!

Freshman decision making. There were times when he abandoned the pocket too soon and ended up throwing on the run. Stay a few seconds longer and he may have hit the open man. When he had protection he did very well finding a man and delivering the ball.

I think a lot of you guys are mad because he is right. Martinez may be a great athlete, but he isn't a leader, certainly not the kind of leader this team needs. He needs to take charge of things out there, and hold guys accountable, and he isn't doing that. I think Adrian is a nice guy and all, but I'm not sure I would play for him.
Not sure what to make of this.

Freshman decision making. There were times when he abandoned the pocket too soon and ended up throwing on the run. Stay a few seconds longer and he may have hit the open man. When he had protection he did very well finding a man and delivering the ball.
Yeah I agree. There were a few times he left the pocket when he didn't need to and ended up getting himself in trouble more than anything.

Yards are not important, points are. It's the scoreboard stupid.
I like Martinez and I'm excited about his career at NU. At the same time, I'm not sure it's a good idea to just empty the backfield right from the get-go and rely on Martinez to make every single play. Not trying to be run-the-damn-ball guy, but I think you at least have to keep the defense honest if you want to avoid getting Martinez beaten to a pulp.
Wisky loaded the box early, making Martinez beat them with his arm. Penalties and lack of calls against Wisky led to a 20-3 halftime deficit. The short passes are part of Frost run game, took advantage of their weak secondary as the game went on.

If I wanted turnovers by the qb we could have stuck with the experienced leader, Tanner Lee. He would have won some games at least
Lee went to the NFL, not sure you understand how things work. When a player declares for the NFL draft and gets drafted and signs a contract, he is not allowed to go back and play college football. Therefore Frost would not be able to play him, and if anyone thinks we would have won a game yet with Riley you are sadly mistaken. Every team we have played so far is considerably better than the Minny team we got destroyed by at the end of last year. Things were not getting better under Riley, only worse.

Judging from Neal's poor play thus far, hes probably wishing the he was back in the little boy conference.

The thing about UCF is that they aren't even original. Iowa was the first to claim they were National Champions while the rest of the country didn't even notice or even laughed at them for it.

The thing about UCF is that they aren't even original. Iowa was the first to claim they were National Champions while the rest of the country didn't even notice or even laughed at them for it.
It must really suck now looking up at and envying both UCF and Iowa. Good luck with Bethune Cookman.

So, I haven't posted much here since the beginning of the season. This thread is the best example of why. For some reason I actually wasted my time in reading it. I have been reading this board for 15 years and seen a lot of stupid, mindless, brainless threads. This one might take the cake for being the worst. I had some faint hope that we got a coach in here that everybody wanted and everybody supported that we might get at least some reduction in the idiocy on here. Nope. Same hateful, clueless idiots posting the same hateful, clueless idiotic stuff.

It must really suck now looking up at and envying both UCF and Iowa. Good luck with Bethune Cookman.

Not really....I couldn't care less about Iowa or UCF. In fact, I only visited a UCF message board a couple of times last year, when I knew NU was going to take a coach from a stepping stone program....and I am not sure I have ever visited an Iowa message board.

That being said.....yet, here you are....ironic.

Last edited:
I don't think any Husker fan envys either. Why would we? One is a perennial 7 win team with little brother syndrome and the other is a commuter college in a conference no one has heard of. If we were going to envy someone it would be a program like OSU or Alabama that is currently what we want to be. As for me, personally, I have never been so envious of another team that I have visited their message board. You?

I believe these are actually McKenzie Milton, Adrian Martinez, Justin Herbert, and Marcus Mariota freshman stats. They are all fairly comparable through the few games played. They all obviously had gotten better after, but there is no way you could call him horrible. Now, the team around him is worse than all but maybe Milton’s freshman campaign, and even they were not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT