ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez is horrible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of you guys are mad because he is right. Martinez may be a great athlete, but he isn't a leader, certainly not the kind of leader this team needs. He needs to take charge of things out there, and hold guys accountable, and he isn't doing that. I think Adrian is a nice guy and all, but I'm not sure I would play for him.
I’ll wait for your inside information that he is (1) not a leader and (2) a nice guy. You can learn more than I ever believed from a seat in row X or the home couch, apparently.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I like Martinez and I'm excited about his career at NU. At the same time, I'm not sure it's a good idea to just empty the backfield right from the get-go and rely on Martinez to make every single play. Not trying to be run-the-damn-ball guy, but I think you at least have to keep the defense honest if you want to avoid getting Martinez beaten to a pulp.

I like the short, quick passes to the running back. He seems to have very good accuracy on those throws and it seems to help stretch the defense out.

I actually do think I know what I am talking about. I see a team that has no leadership on offense waiting for the freaking QB to actually take the reigns.. heck, he couldn't even finish a game and get up in front of reporters until game 4. The offense doesn't play for him, they don't block for him, and he surely doesn't get in their face about it or even act like he cares. Great athlete sure, but unless you have a team effort, it's going to be winless.. and winless it continues to be.
I see, so the line would start blocking if only Martinez would start hooting and hollering on the sidelines alittle more? Respect and leadership is earned not given to the loudest yeller. For example, by continuing to fight when the game is already decided like we saw tonight. Still a long ways to go but there are signs of improvement. Don't let your frustration cloud that.

Had Mo Washington wide open, all day to throw and gets sacked. Under threw receivers constantly on last drive. Left at least 10 points on the board. Those were just the obvious ones on tv. Can’t imagine how many he missed live.

Dynamite drop in! Those broadcasting classes are really paying off!

Reactions: HuskerDana
Tommie was a once in a generation talent but he also had a bulldozer of a line (with an NFL Hall of famer) and two 1,000 running backs to hand off to. Not exactly apples and oranges.

I am not so sure that AM might not be extremely special before he is all done, either.

Regardless of that....and once again, please elaborate on how Tommie almost won a NC at NU as a freshman, when he lost to ISU?

Had Mo Washington wide open, all day to throw and gets sacked. Under threw receivers constantly on last drive. Left at least 10 points on the board. Those were just the obvious ones on tv. Can’t imagine how many he missed live.
Let me guess, your about 5'8'' and 320lbs that got left at home alone alot as a kid, played your xbox, ate mayo straight out of the jar, got cheese wiz all over mamas couch and nobody ever picked you to be on and team sports.

Am I close? I have a knack for picking dorks out on message boards.

Army Ranger out!!

Let me guess, your about 5'8'' and 320lbs that got left at home alone alot as a kid, played your xbox, ate mayo straight out of the jar, got cheese wiz all over mamas couch and nobody ever picked you to be on and team sports.

Am I close? I have a knack for picking dorks out on message boards.

Army Ranger out!!

You forgot to add, greatest message board quarterback coach of all time.

I am not so sure that AM might not be extremely special before he is all done, either.

Regardless of that....and once again, please elaborate on how Tommie almost won a NC at NU as a freshman, when he lost to ISU?
I didn't say he did.

My guess is the poster who said that is confusing his fr. and soph. year.

AM is a true freshman and plays like it. He is also going to be a great one IMHO. He makes some bad decisions, but he also makes some good ones. He can move and has a good arm. He just needs more confidence in his abilities.

This is a byproduct of "all opinions are valid". I see it in my kids' school all the time.

Basically, it confuses this fact: "everyone is entitled to their opinion". Yes, that statement is a fact.

However, it often gets twisted into "since I have an opinion, it's a valid one". That statement is not a fact. It is untrue, even though it's something that makes people feel good in grade school.

For example, I could post this opinion: "Tom Brady is a horrible quarterback, easily one of the worst 5 quarterbacks to ever lace em up in the NFL". Then trot out all kinds of stuff about him being a product of his system, being the beneficiary of a stable situation, favorable league rules to QB's and offenses, blah blah blah blah.

At which point, anyone with a very basic understanding of football, and any appreciation whatsoever of the NFL, would rightly tell me that

1) My opinion is wrong
2) I'm a colossal dumbass for forming that opinion and
3) That I should probably just STFU if I'm going to continue to grace everyone around me with my jackassed "opinions"

Anyone with an ounce of football IQ would have seen tonight that Martinez has both a lot of talent and a lot of guts. He spends most of the time playing from behind and running for his life. He makes a lot of exceptional plays as well as bad decisions, and is trustin his own ability to scramble over his O-line protection, which is typical of many underclassmen QB's, true freshman in particular.

Last edited:
Dumpster fire. Too bad Tre Neal completely wasted his sr season. Riding the pine at 5-0 would be WAY better than this experience.

No, I told you all that the D was a problem from the beginning, but the reason the offense is not working right is because of AM.
Kid is a true freshman.. playing behind a line that needs a crap-ton of work.. pretty damn poised too.. I appreciate his demeanor at that age and at that position. He will be a superstar by the time he leaves NU.

Kid is a true freshman.. playing behind a line that needs a crap-ton of work.. pretty damn poised too.. I appreciate his demeanor at that age and at that position. He will be a superstar by the time he leaves NU.
That is cool. Lots of people will agree with you. Heck someone earlier said he would be a heisman contender and that I was drunk.. lol..

Martinez will never even be first team all Big Ten. There is more to being a QB than just being an athlete. 0-4 as a starter, and he has shown consistency all right, that he doesn't come through when it is needed.

Everytime there is that moment where winners step up to the challenge, Adrian doesn't seem to get there.. maybe it is not his fault, maybe I should still be making excuses for him, but hey, it's all good. Martinez will be a superstar and all..

That is cool. Lots of people will agree with you. Heck someone earlier said he would be a heisman contender and that I was drunk.. lol..

Martinez will never even be first team all Big Ten. There is more to being a QB than just being an athlete. 0-4 as a starter, and he has shown consistency all right, that he doesn't come through when it is needed.

Everytime there is that moment where winners step up to the challenge, Adrian doesn't seem to get there.. maybe it is not his fault, maybe I should still be making excuses for him, but hey, it's all good. Martinez will be a superstar and all..
You have unusually high standards for a true freshman QB who missed his entire senior season of football.

What gives?

Did you not read all of his posts? There are winners and there are losers. And winners yell at their teammates on the sidelines. What's so complicated about this?
it is about leadership, not necessarily yelling.. don't twist it into something it isn't. The offense needs leadership, and it doesn't have it right now.

it is about leadership, not necessarily yelling.. don't twist it into something it isn't. The offense needs leadership, and it doesn't have it right now.
And they should get it from a true freshman, not any upperclassmen.

News flash for you... some leaders lead by example, and some grow into leadership.

To say he isn’t a leader, and proof of that is the OLine not blocking for him (honestly don’t remember if that was you or someone else who said that), is pretty ridiculous at this stage of his career.

Reactions: Can o' corn

1. NikkiSixxFirst Team All-Big Ten

The offense doesn't play for him, they don't block for him, and he surely doesn't get in their face about it or even act like he cares.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT