ADVERTISEMENT

Marquee position/coordinator coaches

-LVhusker-

Walk On
Oct 11, 2018
Who are the top flight position coaches or coordinators right now? Especially that run a spread offense and 3-4 defense? If you could get anyone who is on the wish list ? I’ll throw out Aranda to run the D and Moorhead maybe on O? Who ya got?

Who are the top flight position coaches or coordinators right now? Especially that run a spread offense and 3-4 defense? If you could get anyone who is on the wish list ? I’ll throw out Aranda to run the D and Moorhead maybe on O? Who ya got?
Aranda is the head coach at Baylor. Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin is definitely one of the best 3-4 DC’s out there.

As for Nebraska, which I think your getting at. I think Mark Helfrich and Barry Odom would make us better with having to reinvent the wheel.

Aranda is the head coach at Baylor. Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin is definitely one of the best 3-4 DC’s out there.

As for Nebraska, which I think your getting at. I think Mark Helfrich and Barry Odom would make us better with having to reinvent the wheel.
I’ve never been a fan of the 3-4 would really like it if we went back to the 4-3 that was our best defense hell mark banker looks like a genus compared to the most recent two we’ve had

If Jeremy Pruitt gets fired, he'd be a good option. Don Brown at Michigan could be available. We could poach somebody else's DC if we pay them enough. There's a good chance Alabama or Clemson have defensive assistants who are ready for the next step, or an assistant from the NFL. There's plenty of options out there that are a lot better than Chinander. I don't think we have to limit ourselves to the 3-4. It would be a perfect time to switch back to the 4-3, where I think we will have much more success recruiting for.

Reactions: Baxter48
On the offensive side, I think Frost wants to make the Oregon/UCF offense work, so I think Helfrich would be a guy we need to go after. Otherwise, I'd love to take somebody from Ohio State or Oklahoma if at all possible. Even their assistant coaches had to have absorbed a lot of good stuff over the last few years.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’ve never been a fan of the 3-4 would really like it if we went back to the 4-3 that was our best defense hell mark banker looks like a genus compared to the most recent two we’ve had
It would have been interesting if Banker would have had more time. His defense just started to understand what he wanted. It would have helped if he would have had the same db coach for more than one year.

Between our offensive philosophy and our defensive philosophy - it’s really hard to say which is the worst fit

Please change both

Reactions: otismotis08
ADVERTISEMENT