ADVERTISEMENT

Market just frontran the LA closure news

I hope everyone living there gives that the middle finger and goes on about their lives...be pretty hard to arrest everyone. Oh how I hope those residents push back on that, I want other leaders to see it, so they don't make the same mistake.

...and lets not forget we watched some people riot on main street and throw chairs through windows and set stuff on fire while they blocked traffic in November of '16, curious what they'll do here.

Last edited:
A bunch of division 1 football teams In California. No chance our season starts in September.

A bunch of division 1 football teams In California. No chance our season starts in September.
this impacts fresno st, san diego st and san jose st

will be interesting to see how they decide to move forward, especially if most everyone else is committed to playing

also, and not for nothing, basketball season starts during fall semester

Im curious to see how this all plays out as far as the football season. If NCAA allows activities to resume come June 1st yet certain places remained closed or limited gatherings. Programs located in those areas will not be able to practice. I also don't see the NCAA shutting everything down based a few regions. Could we see teams located in these shutdown areas hold practices and games in other states/ locations? Could we see a make shift season comprised of teams located in areas/ states that are open?

Last edited:
Im curious to see how this all plays out as far as the football season. If NCAA allows activities to resume come June 1st yet certain places remained closed or limited gatherings. Programs located in those areas will not be able to practice. I also don't see the NCAA shutting everything down based a few regions. Could we see teams located in these shutdown areas hold practices in other states/ locations? Could we see a make shift season comprised of teams located in areas/ states that are open?
Play games on the road or forfeit. Should not penalize other teams

Fauci told Rand Paul, 10 in one hundred thousand people aged 18-49 die of the virus.
The young it's almost impossible to die from it.
What's the deal, someone afraid someone has to suffer while others dont through this, so they pick winners and losers, but the more losers the more 'fair' these idiots see to think their decrees are.

Fauci told Rand Paul, 10 in one hundred thousand people aged 18-49 die of the virus.
The young it's almost impossible to die from it.
What's the deal, someone afraid someone has to suffer while others dont through this, so they pick winners and losers, but the more losers the more 'fair' these idiots see to think their decrees are.

Do you have a source for this?

My sports writing class has been moved to the spring, which is good because having students do off-campus assignments in the fall is troublesome.

Here's the instruction we received today at the University of Iowa:

• Courses with an expected enrollment of 50 or more students will be offered in either a blended modality (i.e., online lectures with in-person discussion sections, labs, etc.) or all-online modality. Since enrollment numbers frequently change during registration and the first week of the semester, please consider past enrollments in a course when deciding which of your courses fit this description.

• Classes with fewer students than 50 will be offered in an in-person, blended, or online modality. DEOs should take into account issues of safety (e.g., lack of ventilation of the assigned classroom; the inability to do physical distancing in a classroom; underlying health issues of the faculty member; issues of passing safely in the halls).

• Courses with a blended modality must contain significant virtual components; this will make it easier to shift to an all-online modality, should circumstances warrant such a move.

• Faculty offering online or blended courses should obtain appropriate training and experience by consulting with Distance and Online Education (DOE) or the Office of Teaching, Learning, and Technology (OTLT). We will provide links to training opportunities from these offices as soon as they become available.

• Every UI classroom will be equipped with a camera and a microphone that the instructor can use to include virtual participants in the classroom.

• CLAS’s Physical Distancing Plan and other measures to safeguard students, staff, and faculty will be consonant with the guidelines issued by the Office of the Provost.

I am not sure what will happen with the commies in California, but here is my take on Florida.

The state did a phase 1 opening on Monday, yesterday. Before this, you had to wear a mask going in to any open store, like Walmart, a gas station and what not. (may still be technically required)

I was out and about today and had to stop in some local gas stations and such, and people were dropping the mask option pretty quickly. They were keeping some distance between people, that part was still happening, but even the employees working there had the masks down around their neck and such and most didn't even bother putting it on, me included.

My take on what I am seeing here, is the traffic got loaded up more like normal, and had a legit evening rush hour traffic jam tonight, and it just seems like it's going to return to normal pretty quickly here.

Maybe not for movie theaters and air flights, but for most things, it feels like things are going to return to normal pretty fast.

Im curious to see how this all plays out as far as the football season. If NCAA allows activities to resume come June 1st yet certain places remained closed or limited gatherings. Programs located in those areas will not be able to practice. I also don't see the NCAA shutting everything down based a few regions. Could we see teams located in these shutdown areas hold practices and games in other states/ locations? Could we see a make shift season comprised of teams located in areas/ states that are open?
"Could we see teams located in these shutdown areas hold practices and games in other states/ locations?"

I don't think you're going to see any college that doesn't have students on campus for in-person class playing any fall sports. Nor should they in my opinion. The main purpose of a university is education, not to provide a venue for a football team. This isn't like the New Orleans Saints needing a temporary home after Hurricane Katrina (which wasn't a contagious disease); the Saints sole purpose of existence is to play football.

"Could we see a make shift season comprised of teams located in areas/ states that are open?"

Possibly.

The state did a phase 1 opening on Monday, yesterday. Before this, you had to wear a mask going in to any open store, like Walmart, a gas station and what not. (may still be technically required)

I was out and about today and had to stop in some local gas stations and such, and people were dropping the mask option pretty quickly. They were keeping some distance between people, that part was still happening, but even the employees working there had the masks down around their neck and such and most didn't even bother putting it on, me included.
Social distancing and wearing masks are the easiest part of all of this. The Florida governor has some strict guidelines in place. It will be interesting if he's strong enough politically to enforce them or just kinda let it go and hope for the best. Either way, it's in the best interests for everyone for the state of Florida to do well with all of this.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
"Could we see teams located in these shutdown areas hold practices and games in other states/ locations?"

I don't think you're going to see any college that doesn't have students on campus for in-person class playing any fall sports. Nor should they in my opinion. The main purpose of a university is education, not to provide a venue for a football team. This isn't like the New Orleans Saints needing a temporary home after Hurricane Katrina (which wasn't a contagious disease); the Saints sole purpose of existence is to play football.

"Could we see a make shift season comprised of teams located in areas/ states that are open?"

Possibly.
While I do agree that the university main function is to provide an education. I think it is much easier for university's to manage 100+ players and 15- 20 football staff than it is to manage thousands of students. Just because there aren't students on campus don't rule out athletics.
Also I do think football is much much more than just football. Many have this attitude that there is more to life than football as if football is this sole entity that affects nothing else. In reality it generates massive income not only for the university, but for surround hotels, restaurants, car rentals, ect... I went into the numbers in a previous post but it is in the millions and millions of dollars football provided to the local economies as well as hundreds of jobs. So if football doesn't happen it impacts many more lives than just the coaches and players.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Possibly.
How quaint.

The SEC will play, there’s no doubt in my mind. The other P5 conferences would be walking away from hundreds of millions should they choose to forgo a season. It’d be a surprising decision, to say the least.

I do think we need to open it back up, understanding the death toll will be high. We just need to get it over with as that seems to be the will of the people. The American people do not have the mental or moral capacity to handle anything else.. We do need to set up some rules early to prevent the whining, however. If a hospital is full, nobody over 60 gets a vent as they are probably going to die anyway once vented. Also, anybody with a pre-existing condition does not get a vent or are lower on the priority list. Cancer, asthma, etc. Finally, those in vital roles in health care or critical businesses get treated first if there are capacity limitations. Finally, antivaxers get no health support. Also, manufacturers should have the authority to set their own rules as the best companies will dictate their own distancing so as to not wipe out their workforce. The virus isn’t shutting those plants down, people calling in sick are. Those violating the rules are subject to immediate termination with no recourse of legal action. Finally, anyone with a mask may take self defense measures against those that don’t under existing “stand your ground laws”.. Let the games begin.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I do think we need to open it back up, understanding the death toll will be high. We just need to get it over with as that seems to be the will of the people. The American people do not have the mental or moral capacity to handle anything else.. We do need to set up some rules early to prevent the whining, however. If a hospital is full, nobody over 60 gets a vent as they are probably going to die anyway once vented. Also, anybody with a pre-existing condition does not get a vent or are lower on the priority list. Cancer, asthma, etc. Finally, those in vital roles in health care or critical businesses get treated first if there are capacity limitations. Finally, antivaxers get no health support. Also, manufacturers should have the authority to set their own rules as the best companies will dictate their own distancing so as to not wipe out their workforce. The virus isn’t shutting those plants down, people calling in sick are. Those violating the rules are subject to immediate termination with no recourse of legal action. Finally, anyone with a mask may take self defense measures against those that don’t under existing “stand your ground laws”.. Let the games begin.

Well THAT escalated quickly...

I think there are a lot of great ideas in here..."Stand your ground" isn't one of them, but I like your premise overall.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
good read.. it starts to paint a realistic picture for people on what may arise and how some might interpret others actions/or inaction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT