ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Cuban not playing National Anthem before games.

bro your passion for not wanting anything to challenge your position in the world is overwhelming you. One is not a bigot for pointing out which states have the most white people. Nor is one a bigot for pointing out that in those same states there is a republican majority. and one is not a bigot to point out that in those states there is less support for BLM than any states with less white people. Those are are just facts. Its not bias. its not opinion.
bigotry is something different.
but i know your hatred for the exposure of bigotry against other people makes you trigger happy

You're not a challenge, on any level. Look up the word "bigot." Then look up the word "pejorative" and sync that up with your take on whiteness.

Don't worry about me, sparkles. I am fine and dandy! I hope you can get help with your anger issues. Spending the majority of your day on here arguing with anybody and everybody probably isn't helping.
C'mon man! You, jib, jmliar, and bigot65 aren't anybody and everybody; you aren't anybody. But, that doesn't mean that with a lot of hard work, a redo of a couple of wasted years of grade school, a complete overhaul of your core beliefs and a nuclear bomb of morality being dropped on you, that you can't become a somebody.

C'mon man! You, jib, jmliar, and bigot65 aren't anybody and everybody; you aren't anybody. But, that doesn't mean that with a lot of hard work, a redo of a couple of wasted years of grade school, a complete overhaul of your core beliefs and a nuclear bomb of morality being dropped on you, that you can't become a somebody.
Jib speaks truth

The extremes are winning because of social media and cable news. Centrist opinions don't get lots of attention. Saying controversial stuff does.

I dislike Trump, but to say he's a dictator is laughable. There are many Republicans in Congress who go against him all the time - Romney, Sasse, Collins, Murkowski, Burr, Cassidy, Toomey, Thune, McConnell, Cheney, Kinziger. They might get mean tweets against them but they get praise from Democrats and the media. There are far more Republicans in Congress willing to speak out against Trumps extremism, than there are Democrats in Congress willing to speak out against the extreme wing of their party.

Trump is not really a threat, because every single powerful institution in the world vehemently opposes him - the Media, Tech Companies, Intelligence Agencies, Hollywood, Higher Education, the U.N. That's why even though I don't want Trump to be president, I see the Left as a much bigger threat to this country. Biden is just an empty suit at this point, they just drag him out every few days to read from a teleprompter.
You're confusing issues. Trump is a problem because he has leveraged misinformation for political gain. It's tiresome to have to qualify every single statement for the "whataboutism" crowd. But yes, obviously both sides of the political divide engage in some misinformation. However, the sheer scale and willful undermining of easily provable fact, even going so far as to turn Americans against their own institutions is incredibly troubling. Trump is old and won't be around forever, moreover it's hard to imagine that another person will just come along and seamlessly harness our angsty moment as effectively as he did. But there's always the possibility that such a person is just around the corner. What if said person is a leftwing firebrand? We don't want to find out.

The tech companies are also a huge problem. But you're wrong that the problem is exclusively leftist. To begin with, you are ignoring the fact that quite a few tech companies are owned and operated by decidedly conservative business leaders. Besides, the main problem we as a society face with regards to technology companies is neither left nor right. The problem is their nearly unchecked influence in our lives, and that cuts both ways. If you have a social media account then you've had the experience of scrolling through a feed that mostly reflects and reinforces your views. That is by design. Tech feeds us what it thinks we want to see and hear, which unsurprisingly reinforces polarization. If you haven't seen the Social Dilemma you should. There's a line from the movie that I think is on point: if you are being given something for free then you are the product. My point is that these are massive businesses that don't care whether you lean left or right, their only objective is to occupy as much of your attention as possible, and they accomplish that by feeding you whatever they think you want to see. It's masterful manipulation. Anyone over the age of 35-40 is lucky to have had a childhood that was free of tech dominance. The youth of today are fu**ed!

Last edited:
You're conflating issues. Trump is a problem because he has leveraged misinformation for political gain. It's tiresome to have to qualify every single statement for the "whataboutism" crowd. But yes, obviously both sides of the political divide engage in some misinformation. However, the sheer scale and willful undermining of easily provable fact, even going so far as to turn Americans against their own institutions is incredibly troubling. Trump is old and won't be around forever, moreover it's hard to imagine that another person will just come along and seamlessly harness our angsty moment as effectively as he did. But there's always the possibility that such a person is just around the corner. What if said person is a leftwing firebrand? We don't want to find out.

The tech companies are also a huge problem. But you're wrong that the problem is exclusively leftist. To begin with, you are ignoring the fact that quite a few tech companies are owned and operated by decidedly conservative business leaders. Besides, the main problem we as a society face with regards to technology companies is neither left nor right. The problem is their nearly unchecked influence in our lives, and that cuts both ways. If you have a social media account then you've had the experience of scrolling through a feed that mostly reflects and reinforces your views. That is by design. Tech feeds us what it thinks we want to see and hear, which unsurprisingly reinforces polarization. If you haven't seen the Social Dilemma you should. There's a line from the movie that I think is on point: if you are being given something for free then you are product. My point is that these are massive businesses that don't care whether you lean left or right, their only objective is to occupy as much of your attention as possible, and they accomplish that by feeding you whatever they think you want to see. It's masterful manipulation. Anyone over the age of 35-40 is lucky to have had a childhood that was free of tech dominance. The youth of today are fu**ed!

Why should Americans trust their institutions? These are the same institutions that once told us we need to go to war in Iraq and Vietnam, that PNTR and NAFTA would be good for the working-class, they told us Wall Street Banks were "too big to fail", they told us for years that Trump conspired with Russia to hack the election, they told us New York City would be underwater and the Arctic ice-free by 2015, they once told us that smoking was healthy, they told us there's no reason to wear a mask and that we just need 15 days to flatten the curve, they told us ISIS was a JV team, that if we liked our healthcare plans we could keep them, they called a domestic spying program the "Patriot Act", they told kids it makes sense to take on six-figure loans for useless college degrees.

Trump wasn't the cause of distrust in our institutions, he was the result of it.

Why should Americans trust their institutions? These are the same institutions that once told us we need to go to war in Iraq and Vietnam, that PNTR and NAFTA would be good for the working-class, they told us Wall Street Banks were "too big to fail", they told us for years that Trump conspired with Russia to hack the election, they told us New York City would be underwater and the Arctic ice-free by 2015, they once told us that smoking was healthy, they told us there's no reason to wear a mask and that we just need 15 days to flatten the curve, they told us ISIS was a JV team, that if we liked our healthcare plans we could keep them, they called a domestic spying program the "Patriot Act", they told kids it makes sense to take on six-figure loans for useless college degrees.

Trump wasn't the cause of distrust in our institutions, he was the result of it.
I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't hold our institutions accountable. But Donald Trump didn't take aim at our institutions on behalf of Americans. And he certainly didn't make those institutions more accountable to the citizenry. If anything he attacked our institutions almost exclusively to make them more responsive to his own selfish whims. If an institutional leader disagreed with Trump on the most trivial matter, immediately that person became the enemy, and Trump turned his legions of supporters against said person and institution. That is exactly what happens in dictatorships. DT isn't/wasn't a dictator, but he absolutely made use of tactics most often used by dictators or authoritarian leaders. We all have our issues with government. But what did DT do to reform those institutions for the better?

But what did DT do to reform those institutions for the better?
if nothing else, he opened everyone's eyes to the ridiculous blind spots in gov't which always had the potential to be exposed/exploited by money/power/whatever

I very much hope that every single person thinks long and hard about who/what they're supporting come April 15th, and every single person has enough disdain for the good old boys club that's been Washington for a century to not want to rely on it and realize the only people who are going to help them is themselves and their communities.

the gov't is a bloated racket & good for nobody but itself. the gov't should serve the people, not the other way around.

if nothing else, he opened everyone's eyes to the ridiculous blind spots in gov't which always had the potential to be exposed/exploited by money/power/whatever

I very much hope that every single person thinks long and hard about who/what they're supporting come April 15th, and every single person has enough disdain for the good old boys club that's been Washington for a century to not want to rely on it and realize the only people who are going to help them is themselves and their communities.

the gov't is a bloated racket & good for nobody but itself. the gov't should serve the people, not the other way around.
Objectively I don't think DT opened eyes to government bloat. Why? Because he didn't address bloat in a specific and transparent manner across government. He made it about political vendettas and the lobbyists who most supported his presidency. Listen, I'm not arguing in favor of the status quo, but the mission of overhauling government can't be led by a populist who talks about ending abuse, while opening the floodgates to corporate greed and exploitation for his favored businesses. We talk about abusive tech giants, for example, but say nothing about other industries that manipulate government through lobbying. That sort of unbalanced fight doesn't lead to improved governance. If anything it leads to further polarization and political maneuvering.

Objectively I don't think DT opened eyes to government bloat. Why? Because he didn't address bloat in a specific and transparent manner across government. He made it about political vendettas and the lobbyists who most supported his presidency. Listen, I'm not arguing in favor of the status quo, but the mission of overhauling government can't be led by a populist who talks about ending abuse, while opening the floodgates to corporate greed and exploitation for his favored businesses. We talk about abusive tech giants, for example, but say nothing about other industries that manipulate government through lobbying. That sort of unbalanced fight doesn't lead to improved governance. If anything it leads to further polarization and political maneuvering.
I didn't say he opened people's eyes to bloat. I said the gov't is bloated.

he opened eyes to vulnerabilities in the system that allow for someone like him to take charge and do what he wants at the expense of the American tax payer.

federal government is good for nothing, slow to adapt, and full of idiots. we should not listen to them about anything, nor should they be in charge of anything.

the only way to improve governance is to do it locally, with people who are subject to the rules they make at the forefront. everything else is meaningless bureaucracy that only serves itself.

both parties are the exact same, and people who religiously stan one or the other are the biggest morons on the planet. they're culpable for the horror you're talking about, and should be held accountable. trump just took advantage of it.

Reactions: tarheelhusker

he opened eyes to vulnerabilities in the system that allow for someone like him to take charge and do what he wants at the expense of the American tax payer.

federal government is good for nothing, slow to adapt, and full of idiots. we should not listen to them about anything, nor should they be in charge of anything.

the only way to improve governance is to do it locally, with people who are subject to the rules they make at the forefront. everything else is meaningless bureaucracy that only serves itself.

both parties are the exact same, and people who religiously stan one or the other are the biggest morons on the planet. they're culpable for the horror you're talking about, and should be held accountable. trump just took advantage of it.
got it

So Donald Trump ran for president just so he could troll the government? Damn. Doesn’t he know he can just get on a message board?

You're not a challenge, on any level. Look up the word "bigot." Then look up the word "pejorative" and sync that up with your take on whiteness.
what's my take on whiteness? please elaborate. if you disagree that neb , ks, and iowa aren't majority white and majority republican please update me with more current stats.

if the choice is the good old boys club or Trump its obvious that we should go with career politicians. they may not be awesome but I'll take lame all night versus anti-democratic, authoritarian trump. Trump made career politicians look really good

• Wow
Reactions: baseball31ne

there will always be debate as to whether the govt is currently serving the people. I'm sure trumpets believe his govt was serving them. it will always be us vs them. Trumpers wont admit that he didn't serve them very well.

if the choice is the good old boys club or Trump its obvious that we should go with career politicians. they may not be awesome but I'll take lame all night versus anti-democratic, authoritarian trump. Trump made career politicians look really good

How many executive orders has Biden already signed... talk about authoritarian.

How many executive orders has Biden already signed... talk about authoritarian.
well he won the election in a huge landslide. this is what the majority of the people wanted apparently.
when i spoke of authoritarian i was speaking more generally about other aspects of Trumps decision making.

• Haha
Reactions: baseball31ne
I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't hold our institutions accountable. But Donald Trump didn't take aim at our institutions on behalf of Americans. And he certainly didn't make those institutions more accountable to the citizenry. If anything he attacked our institutions almost exclusively to make them more responsive to his own selfish whims. If an institutional leader disagreed with Trump on the most trivial matter, immediately that person became the enemy, and Trump turned his legions of supporters against said person and institution. That is exactly what happens in dictatorships. DT isn't/wasn't a dictator, but he absolutely made use of tactics most often used by dictators or authoritarian leaders. We all have our issues with government. But what did DT do to reform those institutions for the better?

I agree that Trump was self-serving and I did not vote for or support him. My point is that tens of millions of people were willing to vote for him, despite all of his flaws, because they were tired of the corrupt institutions in this country that have betrayed them and outright lied to them in many cases. Unfortunately, Trump also corrupt and lies a lot, but the media and institutions held him accountable for it....while the media and institutions are rarely held accountable for their corruption and lies.

Trump tried to turn his supporters against people who opposed him? Yes, so does everyone in politics. The Democrats have done this forever as well. They try to smear anyone who disagrees with their policies as racist, and they did this long before Trump. They once called Mitt Romney and John McCain racist, for God's sake, probably the two least conservative Republicans in politics (remember "Put Y'all Back in Chains" Biden?). Meanwhile, Obama literally spied on and persecuted reporters that reported against him, he spied on members of Congress, he spied on the German Chancellor, and he used the IRS to target conservatives. Sounds like dictator tactics. Now, Biden is signing record numbers of unpopular executive orders that kill jobs, and raise insulin and gas prices, simply out of spite for Republicans. Trump might have tweeted like an authoritarian, but in terms of his actual actions, he was far less authoritarian than most of his predecessors.

So you can’t question a football coach or you are called a troll but questioning a president is no different?
perhaps I should use the sarcasm font for pea brains like you to understand the tone of posts?

let me know in the comments.

also, we're now going on, what, 3 weeks of you being butthurt about your 'prediction'?

get over it, puss.

Reactions: scarletred
LOL Sasse won the GOP primary last year by 50 percentage points (75% to 25%) and won the general election a couple months ago by more than 30 percentage points (63% to 25%). He is overwhelmingly popular with conservatives in Nebraska. Nebraskans do not hand landslide elections to "liberal fascist thugs". Get a clue.
He ran unopposed and ran about 10 points behind Trump in the primaries. I cant wait for him to get embarassed when he runs for POTUS in 2024

Reactions: jsachisler
I've never really understood playing the National Anthem before every mundane regular-season game.

Before international competition? Sure. Before important championship games? Fine. But there are plenty of other things we can do to honor the military, without needing to play a song before a random Hornets-Pistons game in January, or a D-III girls volleyball game with 30 people in attendance.

It would make more sense to me to have several "Military Appreciation" games throughout the season, where they give free tickets to vets and their families and raise money for veteran charities.
obviously not a veteran

well he won the election in a huge landslide. this is what the majority of the people wanted apparently.
when i spoke of authoritarian i was speaking more generally about other aspects of Trumps decision making.

You and I have different definitions of what a huge landslide is. Also, you seem to lack understanding of what an authoritative president is.

Because he won in a "landslide," whatever he does must be what the people wanted? Have you completely checked out? And how would anyone know what to expect pre-election? He refused to answer any questions as to what his policies or position was on anything. Ahhh, it was his "more general" actions of authoritarian rule that concerned you, as opposed to the clearly identifiable authoritarian action of Biden. You and your kind do like to work in generalities, don't you? Much more room to squirm and slither out of it.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
He ran unopposed and ran about 10 points behind Trump in the primaries. I cant wait for him to get embarassed when he runs for POTUS in 2024
Sasse did not run unopposed. He was opposed by Republican Matt Innis in the May, 2020 GOP primary and Democrat Chris Janicek in the November, 2020 general election. You continue to spout misinformation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT