ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Banker says Diaco is "full of it"

Backed into a corner? Lol. It is common knowledge Osborne forced staff on Blo. GMAFB with the denials, it is pathetic and telling of your ilks inability to have any consistency with criticisms when it involves Pope Tom or Blo.
I don’t disagree with anything you say of me. I did think Bo was a better coach than Riley. At the time of BP’s firing, I just turned and said to my dad, “This must mean we have a badass and proven coach ready to go.” Lol.

Regardless, my post to you was solely intended say stop using kindergarten insults. You make yourself look unintelligent when you do so.

Reactions: scarletred
I believe he handles his business in a professional manner. To me, much of being a professional is saying the right things and being accountable for your actions. I believe he has done that. Again, that doesn’t make him a good coach.

Some examples of his professionalism... bringing in the gal who was raped by some of his former players to address the team. He didn’t need to do that. He also takes his lumps well (has had years of practice here), and doesn’t go Bo on the members of the media. He doesn’t throw his players or coaches under the bus. He recognizes and appreciates the fans.

He does a lot of things professionally. But maybe I am looking at the things he does respectfully... is here a difference? Maybe so... but I do think they are linked.
It's been refreshing to see a guy who is getting criticized mercilessly by the media, fans and former Huskers handle it all with a steady hand and try to just get his team ready to play the next game. I don't know how he handles all the talk about his job.

Amazing how many people want to throw Mike under the bus. I never thought Mike could get it done as a coach. However, I did always find him to be a decent, honest human being.

It's one thing to question his coaching, but despicable to question his honesty.

#IstandwithMike.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Amazing how many people want to throw Mike under the bus. I never thought Mike could get it done as a coach. However, I did always find him to be a decent, honest human being.

It's one thing to question his coaching, but despicable to question his honesty.

#IstandwithMike.
Kind of like how you were quick to throw Diaco under the bus then come to find out you were wrong?

Kind of like how you were quick to throw Diaco under the bus then come to find out you were wrong?
Wrong? Uhhh, no. Let's see a DC is getting torched...hey let's blame the guys above us. Riley, on the other hand, accepts he and the staff were in on the decision. This is the same Mike Riley who has a track record of honesty. I highly doubt he suddenly changed.

#IstandwithMike

Wrong? Uhhh, no. Let's see a DC is getting torched...hey let's blame the guys above us. Riley, on the other hand, accepts he and the staff were in on the decision. This is the same Mike Riley who has a track record of honesty. I highly doubt he suddenly changed.

#IstandwithMike
Don't deflect. You as much as said Diaco lied. Sure looks like he was right that hawk tackling was pushed down onto Banker.

Stay focus on the topic.

#Istandagainstmenpretendingtobetheirwife

Reactions: dinglefritz
Don't deflect. You as much as said Diaco lied. Sure looks like he was right that hawk tackling was pushed down onto Banker.

Stay focus on the topic.

Too funny #!!!! Tomswife can u please comment on if it’s true what they say about you.... and I’m neutral here....

Stay focus on the topic.

"Riley said he was immediately intrigued with the concept, and...he and NU's defensive staff at the time decided to adapt it into their program."

You don't get it both ways. You chose to believe Diaco.

#IstandwithMike

"Riley said he was immediately intrigued with the concept, and...he and NU's defensive staff at the time decided to adapt it into their program."

#IstandwithMike
#youstandwithSipple. It is completely plausible that somebody told Diaco it came from the AD's office while maybe it originated with MR's interest. Riley said "he was immediately intrigued with it". Who told Riley about it? Why would it be so attractive to him? Maybe his boss said, "you need to look in to this". Clearly the AD's office funded the consultant and was on board with it. . At this point, who cares.

Reactions: HuskerDana

#IstandwithMike
Did you listen to the podcast? It is very clear Banker wasn't on board. Riley's quote saying the def staff decided on it. Is that the def staff including the DC at the time? Seems like Riley isn't exactly in line with Banker or Diaco.

#Yousittopeeeventhoughyouraman

Waaaaaahhhhh...

That’s plain BS and you know it. Tom does all kind of flaming on this board and anybody who isn’t blind can see it. HE GOT BANNED FOR IT UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME!

Don’t be stupid, unless you can’t help it.
Most of his posts are perfectly legitimate. You do a lot more flaming/trolling than he does. And it's not BS. Every time he's right and someone feels put in a corner, they'll attack him personally.

Most of his posts are perfectly legitimate. You do a lot more flaming/trolling than he does. And it's not BS. Every time he's right and someone feels put in a corner, they'll attack him personally.
Probably because, as you rightly post, he’s a he. And yet, he’s masquerading as a she. He was banned for a reason... I have not been banned nor have I been warned. Maybe the mods know a little more than you about Tom. Maybe the mods are being unfair to Tom. I don’t know... But he trolls a lot more than you want to give him credit for, considering his history.

Reactions: ctscts
No worries. I know when the nonsense starts the poster knows they dont have a legitimate response to give.

Like this issue. Once the pro Diaco folks realized they had to call Riley a liar they started on the preacher thing. I know their nonsense is code for "Hey ma'am. I was wrong."

No worries. I know when the nonsense starts the poster knows they dont have a legitimate response to give.

Like this issue. Once the pro Diaco folks realized they had to call Riley a liar they started on the preacher thing. I know their nonsense is code for "Hey ma'am. I was wrong."

Damon Benning set the record straight, with cold hard facts.

Reactions: ctscts and timnsun
No, Mike Riley is assuring his contract stays in place. Damon laid out the details.
It’s funny cuz this kind of coach speak out of Riley doesn’t exist unless it suits Tom’s purposes. Kind of like Eichorst was telling the truth when he said we had the talent to win right away when Riley was hired.

So when is someone using coach speak and when is someone speaking the truth? That’s what I want to know...

Reactions: ctscts
It’s funny cuz this kind of coach speak out of Riley doesn’t exist unless it suits Tom’s purposes. Kind of like Eichorst was telling the truth when he said we had the talent to win right away when Riley was hired.

So when is someone using coach speak and when is someone speaking the truth? That’s what I want to know...
When someone gives specifics like it was the head coach and defensive staff that chose to implement rugby tackling, its not coach speak. It's not an opinion about talent. It's not saying "we played hard." It was a very specific answer to a very specific question. You believe Mike Riley lied to the press...I believe Riley is truthful. His track record shows it.

When someone gives specifics like it was the head coach and defensive staff that chose to implement rugby tackling, its not coach speak. It's not an opinion about talent. It's not saying "we played hard." It was a very specific answer to a very specific question. You believe Mike Riley lied to the press...I believe Riley is truthful. His track record shows it.
My point is to be found in shades of gray... Riley is a master communicator and knows what to say and how to say it. I am not saying he lied about anything, but you can say things in a way that can make both people correct.

I don't think Riley lies to the press any more than Diaco did... Riley has been at this a long time, and knows what he’s doing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT