ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Banker says Diaco is "full of it"

I can't wait to listen!
I just listened to it. It seems to confirm Diaco's assertion. Namely, that wherever this came from it came from somewhere much higher up the food chain than Banker, AND, that Banker didn't really want to do it.
Oops.
Which now raises the issue of Riley's veracity in his denial yesterday.

I repeat: what a shitfest

I just listened to it. It seems to confirm Diaco's assertion. Namely, that wherever this came from it came from somewhere much higher up the food chain than Banker, AND, that Banker didn't really want to do it.
Oops.

Shitfest indeed. I like Riley, but the dude is a yes man.

Oops.

Ha...no kidding!

Remember when we thought Riley was going to bring professionalism to NU? Good gravy!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Now I somewhat feel bad about what I said about Diaco. Sipple, you are an even lazier jacka** hack than I thought. Apologies for my previous posts on this topic.

Reactions: headcard
Well, now Riley has made this awkward for a lot of posters.

tenor.gif

From Wednesday’s show I haven’t seen this posted yet, go to about the 16 minute mark. Essentially Billy Devaney pushed this Hawk tackling onto Banker, it was bankrolled through BD and the administration and Banker was left to implement a system he had basically ZERO belief in.
Like Coach Dubs pointed out Sipple is not reporting the whole story here.
Segment 2 from Wednesday’s Sharp and Benning has the actual audio of Banker talking about it. Now Diaco has been working through this year and it’s a whole big cluster mess on D. This is one of the reasons why but not entirely obviously

Good looking out.

Pretty sure he still has brought professionalism. Good gravy!
Not at all...sadly.

His DC is either stuck in an elevator, didn't know he had to speak, or saying weird stuff that doesn't seem to be the truth.
His WR coach is having issues with the law
He got his AD fired
The team is a mess
The record is a mess
Recruiting is falling apart (I think, I haven't really checked)

Good gravy.

Ha...no kidding!

Remember when we thought Riley was going to bring professionalism to NU? Good gravy!
Riley, it seems was being technically honest... nothing was explicitly mandated from above. But it does appear that this was something that was brought to Riley with a strong recommendation that he pursue it. In Riley's defense, I think he genuinely thought it was an interesting approach and embraced it. So technically, this was an idea, in terms of its real implementation, and from Banker's perception, that came from Riley. Or so it seems. I actually think both sides of this stupid debate have an element of truth.
1. The idea for rugby tackling did not start with Riley. It was brought to him by someone in the admin wing.
2. Nobody ordered or mandated that Riley do this. But a clear desire for him to "look into it" was probably strongly suggested.
3. Riley looks at it and actually finds it worth doing or looking into.
4. He presents the idea to Banker who does not want to do it.
5. But Riley insists and outsiders are brought in to help teach it.

That is my best guess as to what went down

If professionalism is incompetence barely masked by a friendly relationship with the media.
See headcard’s post.
Not at all...sadly.

His DC is either stuck in an elevator, didn't know he had to speak, or saying weird stuff that doesn't seem to be the truth.
He got his AD fired
The team is a mess
The record is a mess

Good gravy.
Not sure how most of that makes him unprofessional. He may not be a great coach but that doesn’t make him unprofessional.

DC saying weird stuff... that’s a great argument for you.
WR coach having issues which he addressed professionally.
Regarding him getting SE fired, I thought it was pretty well understood that SE played a major role in his own firing as well by simply hiring Riley... that’s on Eichorst, not Riley.
Team and record a mess... true, but has nothing to do with his professionalism. It’s his coaching that can be called into question.
Recruiting? Really? As if one could recruit under the cloud going these coaches are under right now?

The man is a professional... not a good coach, but a professional. Quit looking for things to bitch about. You don’t have to look far, but to make it up as you go along?

Come on...

Not at all...sadly.

He got his AD fired
The team is a mess
The record is a mess

Good gravy.

His AD got himself fired.

Mike Riley has done plenty by himself to lose his job, but the fact of the matter is, this Athletic Department is a complete cluster right now and has been for quite a while. From the Regents all the way down. I believe Diaco(I can't remember where I read this) referenced how Notre Dame's athletic department was run as compared to NU's and basically said that NU's athletic dept was a crap show compared to the way ND's was run. This whole problem is much bigger than football itself. There needs to be a huge fix in this department and there are rumors that house will be cleaned at some point and hopefully heal what needs to be healed. Hopefully Moos is the man to do this.

You can be bad at your job and be a professional, they aren't mutually exclusive.
See headcard’s post.

Not sure how most of that makes him unprofessional. He may not be a great coach but that doesn’t make him unprofessional.

Regarding him getting SE fired, I thought it was pretty well understood that SE played a major role in his own firing as well by simply hiring Riley... that’s on Eichorst, not Riley.
Team and record a mess... true, but has nothing to do with his professionalism. It’s his coaching that can be called into question.
Recruiting? Really? As if one could recruit under the cloud going these coaches are under right now?

The man is a professional... not a good coach, but a professional. Quit looking for things to bitch about. You don’t have to look far, but to make it up as you go along?

Come on...
headboard's post is irrelevant. Read my post. is he professional or is he simply well liked by the media so they portray him in a professional manner? I suppose it depends on one's definition of professional

See headcard’s post.

Come on...

I am not bitching about it. I love it! It is entertaining! The guy has created a circus out of NU football.

And thank you for the admitting that I had a great argument on the Bobby D part. I appreciate that, it is not always easy to admit.

Reactions: timnsun
headboard's post is irrelevant. Read my post. is he professional or is he simply well liked by the media so they portray him in a professional manner? I suppose it depends on one's definition of professional
Yep!

Some people think being a profession means that they show up on time and don't swear.

Mike Riley has done plenty by himself to lose his job, but the fact of the matter is, this Athletic Department is a complete cluster right now and has been for quite a while. From the Regents all the way down. I believe Diaco(I can't remember where I read this) referenced how Notre Dame's athletic department was run as compared to NU's and basically said that NU's athletic dept was a crap show compared to the way ND's was run. This whole problem is much bigger than football itself. There needs to be a huge fix in this department and there are rumors that house will be cleaned at some point and hopefully heal what needs to be healed. Hopefully Moos is the man to do this.

Hell yes. Great post.

It is really amazing how it got this bad, isn't it?

Reactions: HuskerDana
I believe he handles his business in a professional manner. To me, much of being a professional is saying the right things and being accountable for your actions. I believe he has done that. Again, that doesn’t make him a good coach.

Some examples of his professionalism... bringing in the gal who was raped by some of his former players to address the team. He didn’t need to do that. He also takes his lumps well (has had years of practice here), and doesn’t go Bo on the members of the media. He doesn’t throw his players or coaches under the bus. He recognizes and appreciates the fans.

He does a lot of things professionally. But maybe I am looking at the things he does respectfully... is here a difference? Maybe so... but I do think they are linked.

I believe he handles his business in a professional manner. To me, much of being a professional is saying the right things and being accountable for your actions. I believe he has done that. Again, that doesn’t make him a good coach.

Some examples of his professionalism... bringing in the gal who was raped by some of his former players to address the team. He didn’t need to do that. He also takes his lumps well (has had years of practice here), and doesn’t go Bo on the members of the media. He doesn’t throw his players or coaches under the bus. He recognizes and appreciates the fans.

He does a lot of things professionally. But maybe I am looking at the things he does respectfully... is here a difference? Maybe so... but I do think they are linked.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I think there is a link.

Either way...if Husker football is going to suck at least we got the added bonus of this circus going on.

I don't see how he is vindicated. Just because Diaco was wrong about how rugby tackling came about doesn't mean Sipple did a good job. There was still no reason what so ever to drag Banker into this. Sipple is still acting like a HS girl and that doesn't change just because Diaco is a crazy person.
Seriously? We have a crazy guy who makes up some type of lie/excuse to cover his ass and that's not a problem? You might not like Sip but any rational person knows he was doing his job getting the other side of the story.

I'm not sure you understand how anything works, to be honest. No one said a word about Banker, Sipple ran to him like a little girl to drum up drama. We all know Diaco is a crazy person, but that doesn't somehow justify Sipple's shady practices.

No he didn't use Banker's name.....he implied it and about a half a million husker fans knew exactly what he was saying. And then he followed it up with the stupid administration excuse. In this case I think its you who doesn't understand how it works. Sipple knew it was BAS and went to Banker to get the other side. That is how it works.

How so? I said "I don't doubt it.". I didn't say it was the definitive truth. Notice I said IF in my post when referring to Sip. There was a reason for that madam. So is it bikinis or a thong today? Maybe you're just going without.
Re-read your own post. How you had it worded it was stronger than saying it might have happened. You certainly implied that you thought it came down from SE.

How so? I said "I don't doubt it.". I didn't say it was the definitive truth. Notice I said IF in my post when referring to Sip. There was a reason for that madam. So is it bikinis or a thong today? Maybe you're just going without.

You always recognize when a poster gets owned when he has to retort to diversion on bikinis or thongs just to criticize someone. Pretty sad.

Reactions: oldjar07
Damon set the record straight, and it doesn't support Sipplehack and Banker.

"Journalism 101", oops RollingLaugh
I guess Id rather go with what Mike Riley said rather than your impression of what Damon Benning said. Riley specifically said it wasn't forced down by administration. They discussed it and it was something he wanted to do. He is a good friend of Pete Carrol and had been interested in how they were implementing it in Seattle.

Maybe, but when that someone is Tulsa Tom/Toms Wife, it has some merit.

It has zero merit. You are just compounding the insanity when you purposely do stuff like that. You seem to support the theory that Sip was out lf line over dramatizing something and you try to defend it by bring up bikini's and thongs.

I know you aren't happy with the Riley direction but you really should consider stepping back a bit putting things in perspective. If you really care about Nebraska football there are many things about the Riley firing that are positive. Take a little time away and think about it and I'm sure you can see it.

It has zero merit. You are just compounding the insanity when you purposely do stuff like that. You seem to support the theory that Sip was out lf line over dramatizing something and you try to defend it by bring up bikini's and thongs.

I know you aren't happy with the Riley direction but you really should consider stepping back a bit putting things in perspective. If you really care about Nebraska football there are many things about the Riley firing that are positive. Take a little time away and think about it and I'm sure you can see it.
Haha ok.

If you really paid attention you would know that this post has nothing to do with the football and everything to do with Tom masquerading as his wife.

You should take some time off and think about it... I’m sure you will get it then.

This is the chicken before the egg scenario. SE probably fired himself 3 years ago with this hire. However if MR even gets close in the w/l category SE is still here. It was MR's failures that brought the attention to SE. SE should have hired a more competent coach.

Haha ok.

If you really paid attention you would know that this post has nothing to do with the football and everything to do with Tom masquerading as his wife.

You should take some time off and think about it... I’m sure you will get it then.
Another blind poster. It had everything to do with football but he turned it into Tom masquerading as his wife post. Really sick and tired of you guys using that excuse to justify when you get owned. I've watched this board enough to see that it is only brought up after he/she proved you wrong on something.

Reactions: oldjar07
Re-read your own post. How you had it worded it was stronger than saying it might have happened. You certainly implied that you thought it came down from SE.
It appears with the latest radio scoop that in fact it may have come down from the AD. Not sure and that is WHY I SAID IF. Your reading comprehension needs some work.Winking

Another blind poster. It had everything to do with football but he turned it into Tom masquerading as his wife post. Really sick and tired of you guys using that excuse to justify when you get owned. I've watched this board enough to see that it is only brought up after he/she proved you wrong on something.
Waaaaaahhhhh...

That’s plain BS and you know it. Tom does all kind of flaming on this board and anybody who isn’t blind can see it. HE GOT BANNED FOR IT UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME!

Don’t be stupid, unless you can’t help it.

I guess Id rather go with what Mike Riley said rather than your impression of what Damon Benning said. Riley specifically said it wasn't forced down by administration. They discussed it and it was something he wanted to do. He is a good friend of Pete Carrol and had been interested in how they were implementing it in Seattle.
You going with what Riley said? Now that's rich. The guy who's bashed Riley all fall .......:rolleyes:

Seriously? We have a crazy guy who makes up some type of lie/excuse to cover his ass and that's not a problem? You might not like Sip but any rational person knows he was doing his job getting the other side of the story.

Anyone that thinks Sipple is doing his job is FAR from rational. This had nothing to do with Banker and Sip drug him into it, that is some TMZ stuff. Nevermind the fact that Diaco didn't make up a lie.

No he didn't use Banker's name.....he implied it and about a half a million husker fans knew exactly what he was saying. And then he followed it up with the stupid administration excuse. In this case I think its you who doesn't understand how it works. Sipple knew it was BAS and went to Banker to get the other side. That is how it works.

It wasn't BS (as the above podcast shows) and it had nothing to do with Banker. But enjoy hanging had with the preachers wife in LaLa Land, the rest of us live in reality and are here to talk football, not watch a soap opera.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT