ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Satterfield

People keep harping on Satterfield's losses he's had the past few years but I find it odd that "South Carolina made a strong push to keep Satterfield, but his ties to Rhule and the opportunity to go to Nebraska won out." according to ESPN's Pete Thamel. It's not how you start it how you end and he ended up great this year, I look forward to seeing South Carolina in their bowl game.
I was hoping they would get Io_ay but hawks will be to far down in the picking order.

I've watched a lot of SC this year. way too much, honestly.

they've been much, much better than expected. the loss @ florida was a really really tough spot coming off 4 straight wins including @kentucky launched them into the top 25. classic let down game

their worst loss by far was at home vs mizzou - a game in which Rattler really played poorly

their team has been a lot more fun this year than in years past, that's for damn sure

People keep harping on Satterfield's losses he's had the past few years but I find it odd that "South Carolina made a strong push to keep Satterfield, but his ties to Rhule and the opportunity to go to Nebraska won out." according to ESPN's Pete Thamel. It's not how you start it how you end and he ended up great this year, I look forward to seeing South Carolina in their bowl game.
Heard they offered him 1.1 mill to stay. Definitely sounds like they wanted him gone.

Run the ball crowd will likely not be happy. Positively he did have more rushing tds than passing tds. So likely runs a lot on the goal line. Does have decent rushing attempts no one sniffed 1000 yards though.
SC is traditionally a run-heavy school.

if you look closely, the guy with the 2nd most rushing attempts for the cocks this year is a tight end

they suffered some preseason injuries in the backfield that have hampered their depth - plus, they have an NFL arm to play with

despite the above, they still run it 51% of the time (389 rushes vs 372 passes)

I've watched a lot of SC this year. way too much, honestly.

they've been much, much better than expected. the loss @ florida was a really really tough spot coming off 4 straight wins including @kentucky launched them into the top 25. classic let down game

their worst loss by far was at home vs mizzou - a game in which Rattler really played poorly

their team has been a lot more fun this year than in years past, that's for damn sure
They had no business winning what, 8 games this year? They beat Tennessee, they beat Clemson.

They are clearly not a perfect team, which shows when you see a few bad games but they did better than expected.

Reactions: king_kong_
They had no business winning what, 8 games this year? They beat Tennessee, they beat Clemson.

They are clearly not a perfect team, which shows when you see a few bad games but they did better than expected.
they're 3-2 vs top 25 teams this year

2-1 vs top 10

Reactions: SuperBigFan
SC is traditionally a run-heavy school.

if you look closely, the guy with the 2nd most rushing attempts for the cocks this year is a tight end

they suffered some preseason injuries in the backfield that have hampered their depth - plus, they have an NFL arm to play with

despite the above, they still run it 51% of the time (389 rushes vs 372 passes)
Yeah but this is his Baylor OC correct? Same kind of stats there as well. 51 percent is okay but all his time at bayler and now sc he has yet to have 1000 yard runner. Nothing wrong with that but was just saying for people who want to watch the team be a highly effective run game may be disappointed.

Yeah but this is his Baylor OC correct? Same kind of stats there as well. 51 percent is okay but all his time at bayler and now sc he has yet to have 1000 yard runner. He does run the ball
ball more than he passes it.

No, Satterfield was his OC at Temple. His OC at Baylor was Glenn Thomas.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Michigan has the right recipe for success year in and year out. Im at the stage of whatever....but not having a run based offense in the Big 10 is foolish IMO.

Hopefully this staff will adapt to the personnel that we currently have as well as the Big 10 in general.

Appears to be N as our new OC and QB coach per multiple outlets…currently OC at South Carolina
But is he better than this guy?

verduzco.jpg

But is he better than this guy?

verduzco.jpg
Yeah right? I hope Sutterfield also adopts the prohibition against learning in the offseason. That worked wonders here telling the QBs to stay inside and cover their ears all off season.
🙄

They had a weird year. Beat Clemson. Throttled Tennessee. Florida almost shut them out. Lost to Missouri.

I think he'll enjoy the schedule here. Their schedule this season included Arkansas, Georgia, TAMU, Florida, Tennessee, Clemson.
A&M, arky, and florida all suck. The sec madness is stupid. Heck mizzou is better than both arky and A&M

• Haha
Good lord, some fans think Rhule should be using Craigslist "missed connections" to hire his staff.

He is going to hire people he knows.
So according to the general narrative on this board, when matt rhule does it = good

when scott frost does it = bad

Got it

(I dont think its good or bad, it just is……and typical fan contradiction)

SC fans seem very happy to see him go. They are saying he didn't even call plays the last couple of games. Who knows if it's true, but they had been one of the worst Power-5 offenses in college football under Satterfield until the last two games.

Where did you see he wasnt calling plays? That would be very deflating.

That was what SC fans were saying, though Shane Beamer said it wasn't true and that he did call plays.

I also saw a report from Thamel that SC made a huge push to keep him. But the relationship with Rhule as well as an opportunity to coach at Nebraska was just to much

So according to the general narrative on this board, when matt rhule does it = good

when scott frost does it = bad

Got it

(I dont think its good or bad, it just is……and typical fan contradiction)
I think the narrative needs to be seen through the appropriate filter…

Frost did it with G5 coaches. Rhule is doing it with P5 coaches who have P5 experience.

Not sure if that makes a difference, but it does for me, at least to some extent.

My real worry is that Satterfield was not the OC for Baylors 11 win season.
SC fans wanted him gone up until the last two games.
Still, those last two games happened so I don’t know what to think.
Can’t predict the future, so I’ll just hope for the best.

Not a big fan of the hire, but let’s just wait and see. From watching S. Carolina games and seeing where they are statistically, Satterfield’s offense looks like more of the same to me. Would like to see an offense with a workhorse back (> 1000 yds). South Carolina’s top rusher had under 600.

I think if he had a Casey Thompson or a Cade McNamara who can do a good job of hitting the throws and not making mistakes he could be pretty good. For me I always like to have a guy that can run a little bit too.

My real worry is that Satterfield was not the OC for Baylors 11 win season.
SC fans wanted him gone up until the last two games.
Still, those last two games happened so I don’t know what to think.
Can’t predict the future, so I’ll just hope for the best.

Did Lincoln Riley suck as a coach in 2021 up until the second half of the Texas game? Or was it because Spencer Rattler is an inconsistent QB? Spencer Rattler was the QB that Satterfield had to work with at South Carolina, so I will give Rhule and his pick for OC the benefit of the doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT