ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Satterfield

I wonder what type of offense he would prefer to run. Looks to have had explosive offenses in the past.

Reactions: headcard
Good lord, some fans think Rhule should be using Craigslist "missed connections" to hire his staff.

He is going to hire people he knows.
Exactly. Do people think head coaches go cold-calling to fill out their staff?

"Hey, is this Ryan Grubb? Ryan? Hi, this is Matt Rhule........ Matt Rhule....... R-H-U-L_E. Yes, the H comes before the U. How's it going? Did you have a good Thanksgiving? Anyway, would you like to be my OC? I like what you're doing up there and I could probably get you a lot of money. No? OK, then. Hey, do you know anyone who's looking? .......... Hello???"

Yes, it sounds familiar because nearly every head coach does it. For better or worse. How could we complain about hiring an SEC OC who resurrected Rattler and just knocked off an annual playoff contender?
Very well put, some posters have Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) regarding ex-coaches and I understand it but it may be time to let it go if they can.

Yes, it sounds familiar because nearly every head coach does it. For better or worse. How could we complain about hiring an SEC OC who resurrected Rattler and just knocked off an annual playoff contender?
I'm just having fun with it. People shredded Frost down the road for doing the same thing. Time will tell.

Reactions: mgbreis
I'm just having fun with it. People shredded Frost down the road for doing the same thing. Time will tell.
I definitely remember people that were really unhappy right away that Frost hired pretty much the whole UCF staff. I thought it was unreasonable considering the season they just had, but turns out they were right. I just see a guy like Satterfield as an an example of the type of coach Frost SHOULD have hired as opposed to a G5 guy with lower level experience.

People keep harping on Satterfield's losses he's had the past few years but I find it odd that "South Carolina made a strong push to keep Satterfield, but his ties to Rhule and the opportunity to go to Nebraska won out." according to ESPN's Pete Thamel. It's not how you start it how you end and he ended up great this year, I look forward to seeing South Carolina in their bowl game.

Ya, I'd be interested in hearing what SCar fans are saying about him. Many coaches look great on paper.

SC fans seem very happy to see him go. They are saying he didn't even call plays the last couple of games. Who knows if it's true, but they had been one of the worst Power-5 offenses in college football under Satterfield until the last two games.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: SkerInCo and WHCSC
Satterfield has coached WR, QB, TE, RB, OL (asst.) and been an OC and passing game coordinator. Dude will probably be a head coach soon.
He got canned at Tennessee Tech.

Had issues with lots of personnel including being verbally abusive to players and other coaches.

I'm not trying to dog the guy, but some of the reports are less than encouraging. It depends if the local writers are going to write about that.

If Rhule hires him, I'm hoping he does well. He wouldn't be the first abusive coach who has gone on to do well.

Satterfield has coached WR, QB, TE, RB, OL (asst.) and been an OC and passing game coordinator. Dude will probably be a head coach soon.

he was a head coach at Tenn Tech. Got fired after going 1-11 in year 2.

Run the ball crowd will likely not be happy. Positively he did have more rushing tds than passing tds. So likely runs a lot on the goal line. Does have decent rushing attempts no one sniffed 1000 yards though.

Reactions: meo1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT