ADVERTISEMENT

March madness solution

spinner4

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
1) Move it to May. Our country could use the celebration after all this mess is cleared.

or

2) allow all seniors one extra year of eligibility. Won’t help teams like Dayton with one and dones. May make a mess with scholarship counts but allow a waiver for scholarship counts for teams. It’s not like football where you’d be allow a ton of extra scholarships, so the financial burden on the school wouldn’t be that much

obviously won’t help NU but...

thoughts?

1) Move it to May. Our country could use the celebration after all this mess is cleared.

or

2) allow all seniors one extra year of eligibility. Won’t help teams like Dayton with one and dones. May make a mess with scholarship counts but allow a waiver for scholarship counts for teams. It’s not like football where you’d be allow a ton of extra scholarships, so the financial burden on the school wouldn’t be that much

obviously won’t help NU but...

thoughts?
There's no doubt that they need to give the spring sport athletes another year of eligibility.

Probably really won't affect out door track since the season hasn't technically started since indoor championship scheduled for this weekend.

As far as baseball, not sure how that works. Not sure if their redshirt rules are similar to football or if like it used to be..... once you've played a game your redshirt is burned

Come May everyone is moving on to their next phase in life, I cannot imagine that is feasible, and we're making the mistake of thinking that is 60 days away, but the logistics require weeks worth of efforts before that, so in reality they need to know well in advance and I do not think this is going to be settled enough in the next 30 days...which would need to happen, to have a tournament in May.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I think the ncaa absolutely needs to offer a another year of eligibility for not just seniors but all athletes. I would love to see March madness happen in May, but there is zero chance. Basically all practices have been stopped and probably will be stopped for weeks. It would be hard for teams to pick up where they left off after being shut down for weeks or a month. Plus All the organization to prepare, staff, venues, tv schedule takes months to get ready and organize in unison.
So unfortunately I think we wont see another college bball game until Nov.
Also I wonder what they will do for football practices since odds are they will not get to have another practice until fall. Do they let them start an extra few weeks early in the fall to make up for the missed practices this spring?

I think the ncaa absolutely needs to offer a another year of eligibility for not just seniors but all athletes. I would love to see March madness happen in May, but there is zero chance. Basically all practices have been stopped and probably will be stopped for weeks. It would be hard for teams to pick up where they left off after being shut down for weeks or a month. Plus All the organization to prepare, staff, venues, tv schedule takes months to get ready and organize in unison.
So unfortunately I think we wont see another college bball game until Nov.
Also I wonder what they will do for football practices since odds are they will not get to have another practice until fall. Do they let them start an extra few weeks early in the fall to make up for the missed practices this spring?
Would be interesting and could be an equalizer. Like strike era football. That was actually entertaining because you never knew what you were going to get

one city with 4 sites, no fans, 10 days.

Days 1 & 2 - first round
Days 3 & 4 - second round
Days 5 & 6 - third round
Day 7 - fourth round
Day 9 - Final Four
Day 10 - Ship

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Wonder how the lost revenue will affect Fox sports and ESPN and how they tie into the major conferences. Gotta throw CBS in there too since they do a bunch of March madness

ADVERTISEMENT