ADVERTISEMENT

Many on this team have already quit.

HuskerDana

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 14, 2007
Jaime's, which is a player I believe has shown a ton of potential, is just one example of a player that should just go and tell the coaches they don't feel like playing today

It’s not losing our team, it’s a mentality issue. We have D-2 level talent and it has shown on the field. Have to survive this beating and move on until the Frost recruits start taking over the roster.
I agree, it's a mental issue. I think it will take time for frost to get rid of the blackshirts dancing after every play and get more focused on making plays.

and the oline seems slow and not very bright as far as adjusting during the play

Not even 3 games in and the staff have lost this team

Frost never had many of them. Kids don’t want to work like frost wants them to. And when the kids that do want to work see the other guys not buying in, the whole thing fell apart. I see why frost didn’t implement the unity council. There is no unity and many guys don’t care

It’s not losing our team, it’s a mentality issue. We have D-2 level talent and it has shown on the field. Have to survive this beating and move on until the Frost recruits start taking over the roster.

Until then, we’re going to continue to produce piss poor performances against better teams.
We may not have Michigan level talent, but we have enough talent to keep this game within 3-4 scores. Definitely enough talent to beat teams like Troy.

Frost never had many of them. Kids don’t want to work like frost wants them to. And when the kids that do want to work see the other guys not buying in, the whole thing fell apart. I see why frost didn’t implement the unity council. There is no unity and many guys don’t care

The guys Frost brought in here don't exactly seem to be buying in, either.

barry made a tackle and didn't do a 2 minute dance. maybe he's getting it? maybe he's thinking bout the next play?:confused:

this game will help prepare us for wisconson and ohio state

Freshmen and first year juco transfers can’t be relied upon to create a cultural. That’s an absurd standard.
This. What should be obvious to anyone right now is that there are big problems behind the scenes with this team. Some of the guys are giving effort and really trying. But many, many are not.

Reactions: dpnavy
Didn't Frost say before the season that we had more talent than they had at UCF?

It's clear that these players have not bought into this coaching staff, for whatever reason.
I would guess they got used to losing and are not bothered by it. This only applies to some players not all.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Yep - we are down by 39 with the vets, play whoever has the fire to get out there. We can run anything in the playbook and be down by 40, so play the kids and get some fire out there

The problem with that is that some of these kids just physically are not ready for that. Michigan's line looks huge out there when they put in multiple tight ends. We clearly cannot match up with them.

Reactions: morninghusker
Sigh It is more then talent, it also about coaching. Does anyone actually watch film on this team?

The problem with that is that some of these kids just physically are not ready for that. Michigan's line looks huge out there when they put in multiple tight ends. We clearly cannot match up with them.

do what you have to. if they continue to play starters, blitz every freaking play and put their QB on the ground every snap - put him at risk and we'll see what Harbaugh does

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Nebraska has as much or more talent than 70% of the teams on its schedule. The problem is coaching, attitude, and effort. That all comes back to Scott Frost.

Reactions: bigboxes
I would guess they got used to losing and are not bothered by it. This only applies to some players not all.

There has to be more going on behind the scenes. Frost himself said "there was not 4-8 talent here last year". Guys like Farmer and Stoltenberg and Foster talked a big game about leadership and accountability and hard work. Yet we look even worse than last year in every phase of the game.

Reactions: HuskerLegion

So we are the graveyard for overhyped 4 star talent and now a culture of quitting. Good stuff.

Nebraska football just doesn't look fun anymore. Too much passive aggressiveness and a sort of absurd comparison to past days of "glory" that none of the players ever think they can come close, so they bail at the first sign of adversity. Then the pile on, and the quick move to the bottom.

I agree, it's a mental issue. I think it will take time for frost to get rid of the blackshirts dancing after every play and get more focused on making plays.

and the oline seems slow and not very bright as far as adjusting during the play

Talent is one thing on an OLine.....effort is another. There is zero effort. That is fact.

And that's on the coaching staff.

And this post proves you have no idea what you’re talking about. We have a roster full of kids that are probably pissed their country club program under Riley got taken away and now frost expects them to work harder than any program. You think Riley recruited guys are just going to buy into that?!? A staff can’t force kids to buy in especially when the standard has been change 180 degrees from last year. The expectations of a new coaching staff by some like you are laughable. Frost said it when he took the job...things in Lincoln have been broken a long time and it’s going to take patience to fix it. It’s not frost’s fault the idiot fans didn’t listen to him. This team got pushed by arky state and went 4-8 under a staff they wanted to play for. It’s not a surprise they’re doing worse under a new scheme and a new coaching staff that is completely changing how they did things the last 3 years.

Tell me where I’m wrong.

Our OL is the only position group that really, really lacks talent. The rest is mental. Scary thing is it's gonna take several years to fix the Pipeline unless they clean house on every juco guy.

Nobody has answers to this cluster #$&!. I don't think even Tom Osborne can give any advice in this situation.

Reactions: swissticuffs
Nebraska has as much or more talent than 70% of the teams on its schedule. The problem is coaching, attitude, and effort. That all comes back to Scott Frost.

I would at least consider that argument if Frost hadn't proven himself already at UCF. This is much deeper.

Reactions: 9and4
Our OL is the only position group that really, really lacks talent. The rest is mental. Scary thing is it's gonna take several years to fix the Pipeline unless they clean house on every juco guy.

Sr. leaving is a blessing and need 3-5 more OL this year, hopefully some Jucos and transfers, whatever it takes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT