ADVERTISEMENT

Manning

14 hours is the max a charter plane, with a single crew, can be used in a 24 hour period. Assuming the crew had a full 10 hours rest and considering it takes about an hour to do a pre-flight check, and the plane was originally scheduled to leave at 9:10 am EST (8:10 CST), the crew would have had to be to the hanger by 8:10 EST (7:10 CST). That means he had to have the plane on the ground somewhere by 9:10 pm CST. If the pilot wanted to schedule another flight plan, as you suggested, from Longview to an airport in the southeastern side of Dallas, he would have needed another hour for the pre-check in Longview, the flight to Dallas area would be short, but not knowing how long it would take in Kilgore, you know for the meetings with coaches, tutors, teachers and the like. Say 2 or 3 hours as a guess. So the flight was scheduled to land about 11 am. The pilot goes to the hanger and gets the plane ready at 1pm. Flight leaves at 2pm, short trip to Dallas, land and deplane by 3pm. Goes and meets the family, family wants to cook the coaches a meal. Meeting and meal go well. Get out of the house by 6:30, pilot at the airport and has the plane ready for a 7:30 take off. 1 hour and 45 minute flight to Lincoln, lands at 9:15 am. 5 minutes past the 14 hours. Bumping up next to crew rest wasn't that far fetched, even if they cut things short. they would have been in the 12-14 hour range.

And remember, you are the one that came up with the idea that there would be an additional leg to the trip. I said that they were meeting in Kilgore, probably no family because the campus was pretty much shut down for the holiday break.

TLDR

Triggered boomer? You a pilot? TSA?

Why so serious?

That’s an awful lot of aerospace analysis. If you were right or wrong - who cares - we got our guy.

This will not improve Frost’s national stock as a QB evaluator after the Burrow pass over, but, yes, it would not shock me at all. He bends over backwards to defend Martinez while throwing other players under the bus.
The Burrows thing is way over blown. Yes Frost passed on Burrows, however so did 100+ other coaches. The kid was nothing special when he transferred from Ohio St. Even last year at LSU his numbers weren't great. He had a blow up year this year that few saw coming. He wasn't even in the top 20 coming into the year for Heisman odds.
As far as Frost and Martinez, he does seem to go out of his way to defend Martinez. During the season, I have no problem with it. If he felt Martinez gave us the best shot he has to show confidence and stick with him. However, we have a very talented QB room and Martinez better not just be given the keys again next year. Frost has said over and over he will do anything to turn this program around, I can't imagine sticking with a struggling QB for 2 years is one of them.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
The Burrows thing is way over blown. Yes Frost passed on Burrows, however so did 100+ other coaches. The kid was nothing special when he transferred from Ohio St. Even last year at LSU his numbers weren't great. He had a blow up year this year that few saw coming. He wasn't even in the top 20 coming into the year for Heisman odds.
As far as Frost and Martinez, he does seem to go out of his way to defend Martinez. During the season, I have no problem with it. If he felt Martinez gave us the best shot he has to show confidence and stick with him. However, we have a very talented QB room and Martinez better not just be given the keys again next year. Frost has said over and over he will do anything to turn this program around, I can't imagine sticking with a struggling QB for 2 years is one of them.
Would it have been nice? Yes.
Is it a thing thing? No.

TLDR

Triggered boomer? You a pilot? TSA?

Why so serious?

That’s an awful lot of aerospace analysis. If you were right or wrong - who cares - we got our guy.

he called me out, I replied. if you aren’t interested skip by and don’t respond.

Also quite comical that you wrote too long didn’t read but knew exactly what was written in the post.

apparently you care, because again you responded.

he called me out, I replied. if you aren’t interested skip by and don’t respond.

Also quite comical that you wrote too long didn’t read but knew exactly what was written in the post.

apparently you care, because again you responded.
Hey, I just learned what TLDR means. I always wondered when I saw it on message boards, but didn’t care enough to google it.

ADVERTISEMENT