ADVERTISEMENT

Manning

This idea would support a return to TCU since he already knows their playbook. If he doesn’t arrive til August, and is behind in the playbook, why go anywhere else?
Makes sense on that front for TCU, but guys rarely return after leaving. TCU is also the school close to home so they got that going for them. BUT if you dont return to TCU then you find a school that really needs your service and have put alot into your recruitment..cough cough Nebraska. Im sure there may be a few more but he yet to take another visit so not sure who else fits this mold.

Reactions: timnsun
dude you are so misinformed sometimes. If he graduates in May, he can be at the new school in June and go through the summer workouts. So he will have all summer to get in his playbook and workout with QBs. The only reason he wouldn’t report until August is if he doesn’t graduate in May and has to take summer school.
You are misinformed sir..becuase he is no lock to graduate in may..some are even saying he is likely to require some summer classes to graduate. Even arriving in the summer, he will still be far behind the competition in terms of the playbook. Have you ever had to learn a college playbook?

You are misinformed sir..becuase he is no lock to graduate in may..some are even saying he is likely to require some summer classes to graduate. Even arriving in the summer, he will still be far behind the competition in terms of the playbook. Have you ever had to learn a college playbook?

If he doesn’t graduate in May he will end up FCS or below.

If he doesn’t graduate in May he will end up FCS or below.
If he can not make it academically, I would to see him play at Hastings. He would be right down the street from Scott’s watchful eye and he could get entrenched in Nebraska culture before wearing the sacred scarlet and cream.

We have a lot invested in our top 2 WR targets both of which appear to have some degree of academic associated risk.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
he is a 2/2 transfer, so getting right on the field have to be important to him..cannot afford a to show up at "big boys" school in august competing for a job while behind on the playbook.
Good point. But another concern is whether or not he is eligible next fall. There is a concern there and there must be something to it given the great talent Manning has and yet he doesn't have a ton of schools actively recruiting him.

Good point. But another concern is whether or not he is eligible next fall. There is a concern there and there must be something to it given the great talent Manning has and yet he doesn't have a ton of schools actively recruiting him.
TCU, aTm, Oregon, Nebraska. Speaks to his talent, if there is some academic risk here.

Grades are a concern no doubt about it..but its high risk high reward. A high school all american wr..20-21 yrs old..6'3 215. He is instant help for a team weakness..true X wr

Looks like the coaches may be visiting Manning tomorrow, according to the flight schedule. East Texas Regional Airport is right outside of Kilgore, TX.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SLH21/history/20191213/1410Z/KFLL/KGGG
Where the hell did you get this?lol..yessir that is like 15 min from Kilgore. Are they are going to try and close out manning for early signing or just making their stops. Friday is a huge day in recruiting and to my knowledge we aren’t in on any others in tx. No other flights are planned? Curious to see the rest of Friday plans as well as where they will sneak off to sat and Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
Where the hell did you get this?lol..yessir that is like 15 min from Kilgore. Are they are going to try and close out manning for early signing or just making their stops. Friday is a huge day in recruiting and to my knowledge we aren’t in on any others in tx. No other flights are planned? Curious to see the rest of Friday plans as well as where they will sneak off to sat and Sunday.
Not sure about using the in home with him now, if he isn’t signing until Feb. This will be interesting to watch play out.

Are they going to use an in home at his school? I would think using the in home in Lancaster, where his family is. Kilgore had finals yesterday and today. No classes until January and the cafeteria closed at 6pm And residence halls close at 10pm tonight. So they must be hanging out with the coaches.

Reactions: WHCSC
Are they going to use an in home at his school? I would think using the in home in Lancaster, where his family is. Kilgore had finals yesterday and today. No classes until January and the cafeteria closed at 6pm And residence halls close at 10pm tonight. So they must be hanging out with the coaches.
you dont think Frost can hit both places in a jet? i would think it would be smart to talk to coaches, teachers, tutors etc get a feel for end of semester finish and then have in home visit....it's 25-30 minute flight in a jet. At any rate, the plan is Frost being there tomorrow.

you dont think Frost can hit both places in a jet? i would think it would be smart to talk to coaches, teachers, tutors etc get a feel for end of semester finish and then have in home visit....it's 25-30 minute flight in a jet. At any rate, the plan is Frost being there tomorrow.

Awesome. But that doesn't make much sense if you look at the travel arrangements.

According to the flight plan listed above, they are leaving Fort Lauderdale at 9:10 AM EST to Longview, arriving there at 10:53 AM CST, then leaving Longview at 3:10 pm CST arriving in Lincoln at 4:43PM CST. Since there is no flight plan from Longview to any airport near Lancaster, they would have to drive or rent a helicopter. If they drive, that is about a 2 hour drive. Considering there is only 4:17 minutes from touchdown in Longview until they take off for Lincoln. I am going to guess they aren't getting to Lancaster, meeting with parents, hanging out in Kilgore and talking to the teachers, tutors and coaches, etc in the 37 or so minutes they are not on the road or in the air. But hey, if that is what you think is going to happen, that's your prerogative.

Awesome. But that doesn't make much sense if you look at the travel arrangements.

According to the flight plan listed above, they are leaving Fort Lauderdale at 9:10 AM EST to Longview, arriving there at 10:53 AM CST, then leaving Longview at 3:10 pm CST arriving in Lincoln at 4:43PM CST. Since there is no flight plan from Longview to any airport near Lancaster, they would have to drive or rent a helicopter. If they drive, that is about a 2 hour drive. Considering there is only 4:17 minutes from touchdown in Longview until they take off for Lincoln. I am going to guess they aren't getting to Lancaster, meeting with parents, hanging out in Kilgore and talking to the teachers, tutors and coaches, etc in the 37 or so minutes they are not on the road or in the air. But hey, if that is what you think is going to happen, that's your prerogative.
you know a flight plan can be changed at any time, even after take-off? they arent locked into those times they've filed or the destinations the've filed, those can be added to or changed at any time. They can do whatever they want.

Last edited:
you know a flight plan can be changed at any time, even after take-off? they arent locked into those times they've filed.

Again awesome, but you are making suppositions that have zero merit other than what you are thinking might could maybe happen in your brain.

Since there is a flight plan in place, I am going to go with the facts as they are now, not what might could maybe happen. Unless the plane has multiple pilots, there could also be crew rest requirements that would preclude the plane to stick around Longview/Kilgore/Lancaster too much past the 5:00 CST anticipated time of arrival in Lincoln.

Also I believe there is at least 1 visitor going to be in Lincoln Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.

Again awesome, but you are making suppositions that have zero merit other than what you are thinking might could maybe happen in your brain.

Since there is a flight plan in place, I am going to go with the facts as they are now, not what might could maybe happen. Unless the plane has multiple pilots, there could also be crew rest requirements that would preclude the plane to stick around Longview/Kilgore/Lancaster too much past the 5:00 CST anticipated time of arrival in Lincoln.

Also I believe there is at least 1 visitor going to be in Lincoln Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.
crew rest requirements, huh? you know much about chartered flights and the crew needed for this type of flight? crew rest requirements, too funny. Frost will be meeting with manning tomorrow per multiple recruiting gurus. I'll take their word over it, rather than watch you fumble through what a filed flight plan means. No offense

crew rest requirements, huh? you know much about chartered flights and the crew needed for this type of flight? crew rest requirements, too funny. Frost will be meeting with manning tomorrow per multiple recruiting gurus. I'll take their word over it, rather than watch you fumble through what a filed flight plan means. No offense

I didn't say he wouldn't be meeting with him. I said he isn't doing the in home visit in Lancaster as well as meeting with him, the coaches, the tutors and the teachers at Kilgore as well, you tool. Coaches visiting the player on campus is much different than meeting with the player at their home.

secondly, since a coach can only meet with a player 1 time per week. Meeting the player on campus, 2 hours away from the home, then one party getting in a jet, and the other party getting in a car to meet in another city, may actually constitute a second visit, since one is on campus and the other is an in home. Unless of course, they all just get in Frost's rental car and drive to Lancaster......oh wait, is that against the rules too?

Last edited:
Today is such an important day in recruiting. Frost is trying to send a STRONG message to Manning and co that he is priority # 1. I also wonder if they arent trying to check on academics and get him to signed NOW. It does not seem like a good use of time management to be dropping into an area where you dont have any other recruits, just to check on a kid that wont sign until Feb.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
big gamble on Betts and Manning - both A list recruits and hope they land here
I also hope we have a plan B locked and loaded because we can't afford to whiff at this position

It looks like the flight left earlier than scheduled, Frost is already back on his way to Lincoln. He was not there long, arrived at 11:55 and left again at 2:06. Hopefully that's not a bad sign. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SLH21/history/20191213/2110Z/KGGG/KLNK

Manning also tweeted this this morning. Not sure what it means:

Interesting..tweeted this just as frosty was landing. Was he blocking out all others? Quick turnaround is another layer to this. Could be really good or really bad.lol

Reactions: c3o
He’s sending a message to someone in particular. Hope it wasn’t Frost

He’s sending a message to someone in particular. Hope it wasn’t Frost
I read it as a message to the recruiting services and reporters. He wants them to leave him and the people close to him alone.

Reactions: timnsun

what?

My gut say Frost will stick with Martinez no matter what and Mccaffrey will transfer. Will see, it will be an interesting off season for sure
This will not improve Frost’s national stock as a QB evaluator after the Burrow pass over, but, yes, it would not shock me at all. He bends over backwards to defend Martinez while throwing other players under the bus.

Reactions: husker2612
they left early because the pilot needed rest....manning was pressured by the pilots..hahaha

14 hours is the max a charter plane, with a single crew, can be used in a 24 hour period. Assuming the crew had a full 10 hours rest and considering it takes about an hour to do a pre-flight check, and the plane was originally scheduled to leave at 9:10 am EST (8:10 CST), the crew would have had to be to the hanger by 8:10 EST (7:10 CST). That means he had to have the plane on the ground somewhere by 9:10 pm CST. If the pilot wanted to schedule another flight plan, as you suggested, from Longview to an airport in the southeastern side of Dallas, he would have needed another hour for the pre-check in Longview, the flight to Dallas area would be short, but not knowing how long it would take in Kilgore, you know for the meetings with coaches, tutors, teachers and the like. Say 2 or 3 hours as a guess. So the flight was scheduled to land about 11 am. The pilot goes to the hanger and gets the plane ready at 1pm. Flight leaves at 2pm, short trip to Dallas, land and deplane by 3pm. Goes and meets the family, family wants to cook the coaches a meal. Meeting and meal go well. Get out of the house by 6:30, pilot at the airport and has the plane ready for a 7:30 take off. 1 hour and 45 minute flight to Lincoln, lands at 9:15 am. 5 minutes past the 14 hours. Bumping up next to crew rest wasn't that far fetched, even if they cut things short. they would have been in the 12-14 hour range.

And remember, you are the one that came up with the idea that there would be an additional leg to the trip. I said that they were meeting in Kilgore, probably no family because the campus was pretty much shut down for the holiday break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT