ADVERTISEMENT

Manning

He's an elusive kid to get to know and by all accounts is not into the recruiting scene. I hope you're right, but the reason could also be that he is not going to sign in December and will be taking visits in January.

I have no clue, he’s been quite on the recruiting end of things. All I know is he’s been spotted supporting Husker wrist bands (no other teams, just Huskers) and guys like Steve Wiltfong, Brewster and so on are predicting him to be a Husker. One thing I do know, Steve Wiltfong usually isn’t wrong or miss on these predictions.

Some fans of certain teams that would have to go $EC to get top skill position players to their programs? I'd bet they're so jealous they'd come here and make crap up they're so jealous.

I would feel better about landing him, if he was signing in December. I'm sure there is a reason he hasn't actually committed yet and now he is showing interest in aTm and TCU. I would imagine we are still in the thick of this but it doesn't sound like a done deal. It will be interesting to see if he starts scheduling any other official visits.

Reactions: WHCSC
I think it was disclosed AM just underwent shoulder surgery- I almost hope it’s his throwing arm because it would help explain a lot.

Didn’t he miss his senior year because of shoulder injury/surgery? If true (2nd operation in three years) this is VERY concerning about his future

Plot twist on Manning..I know kids rarely go back to schools they transfer from and hope this is a non story, but I just read Manning could enroll in TCU w/o graduating for the 2nd semester and take part in spring ball. I guess he kept his grades together for the semester he was at TCU? For everyone else he has to graduate juco and enroll after May.

So...he gets ousted from TCU, goes to Juco and then back to the same school with the same HC?

He didn't want to leave TCU, but he had to for academic reasons. His plan at the time was to come back to TCU once he got back on track academically.

post the article or stop spreading BS and feeding Iowa trolls like KingBlackshirt
from the 'visiting' thread:

everything I've read said he could be back at TCU December of '18 if he wanted to following his transfer to juco.

it is now December of '19, and there has been nothing written on his return for ~15 months.

Exactly… so why don't you use it because there hasn't been article about TCU in a long ass time

It's on the TCU 247sports site. Can't post the link, Mods will delete because 247 is a competitor website. If you go there, you will see a picture of Manning and article "TCU talking an old familiar name".

You can find it using Google, I believe in you.

He didn't want to leave TCU, but he had to for academic reasons. His plan at the time was to come back to TCU once he got back on track academically.

I think I now get what he meant by his tweet. He said “This is hard” or it was “this is a hard choice”. He must be torn between Huskers and TCU. Looks like another battle between those guys and us. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best...he’s definitely liking what he sees in the Huskers too. We aren’t out of it for sure.

I just read that he isn't signing in December for sure, not going to visit A&M this week, but may get down there in early January. There is a belief that a couple of WR at aTm maybe entering the portal. Says TCU and Nebraska are the other 2 in the mix, but is still expecting more offers to come in.

Also, there is at least a bit of a concern that he won't graduate in May and without graduating he can't transfer to a D1 school until he does. So IF that becomes an issue, he couldn't report until August.

Regardless, it looks like he is in no hurry to commit anywhere.

Reactions: WHCSC and HuskerLLM
I just read that he isn't signing in December for sure, not going to visit A&M this week, but may get down there in early January. There is a belief that a couple of WR at aTm maybe entering the portal. Says TCU and Nebraska are the other 2 in the mix, but is still expecting more offers to come in.

Also, there is at least a bit of a concern that he won't graduate in May and without graduating he can't transfer to a D1 school until he does. So IF that becomes an issue, he couldn't report until August.

Regardless, it looks like he is in no hurry to commit anywhere.
He would be silly to commit to any school until he's sure he can qualify at his preferred school.

He would be silly to commit to any school until he's sure he can qualify at his preferred school.

The talk of the TCU stuff and what makes it easier to go there is that since he was already enrolled at TCU, he only counts against their 85 and not the 2020 class numbers. So they could in effect hold a spot, or clear a spot for him on the 85, without worrying about going over the number for the current cycle.

As far as the rest goes, he won't know if he will qualify anywhere until May. So anyone that signs him in February will be playing the waiting game until then anyway.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think I now get what he meant by his tweet. He said “This is hard” or it was “this is a hard choice”. He must be torn between Huskers and TCU. Looks like another battle between those guys and us. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best...he’s definitely liking what he sees in the Huskers too. We aren’t out of it for sure.

this is what I was talking about, again now I get what he meant by it....hard decision between TCU and Huskers...that’s my guess anyways...

Last edited:
Dude? Iowa troll? Just sharing what everyone else has. The signs point to TCU heavily. It’s a big loss for us.

what are you taking about? Sounds like he’s torn between the Huskers and TCU. TCU is FAR from a lock with him. Actually it’s quite the opposite, most experts are figuring and expect him to be a Husker.

what are you taking about? Sounds like he’s torn between the Huskers and TCU. TCU is FAR from a lock with him. Actually it’s quite the opposite, most experts are figuring and expect him to be a Husker.

I'll wait for crystal balls to switch. If they start he is gone. They aren't going to change their forecast unless they're 97 percent sure.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
I am crossing Manning off the list. NU is #1 on his list, but he's going to wait to look around at other offers or see if some big boys come calling. Great. As long as nothing better comes along, we've got a shot.
he is a 2/2 transfer, so getting right on the field have to be important to him..cannot afford a to show up at "big boys" school in august competing for a job while behind on the playbook.

he is a 2/2 transfer, so getting right on the field have to be important to him..cannot afford a to show up at "big boys" school in august competing for a job while behind on the playbook.

dude you are so misinformed sometimes. If he graduates in May, he can be at the new school in June and go through the summer workouts. So he will have all summer to get in his playbook and workout with QBs. The only reason he wouldn’t report until August is if he doesn’t graduate in May and has to take summer school.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
This idea would support a return to TCU since he already knows their playbook. If he doesn’t arrive til August, and is behind in the playbook, why go anywhere else?

TCUs coach may not be there much longer if he has another subpar season.
Not so sure about that. There is literally a statue of him outside the stadium.
tcu-patterson-statue.jpg

It seems other schools have a smorgasbord of 6'2" or taller receivers and Nebraska can't catch a break with just ONE without something like grades, late enrollment or something getting in the way.

I just hope that IF we strike out bad with these guys we recruiting that EVERY receiver they recruit next year is AT LEAST 6'2. Tired of the lil guys we got getting overthrown or damn near getting killed every play trying to catch a ball thrown too high.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT