ADVERTISEMENT

Manning

You read it differently than I did, he stated that Luke is THE KIND Dynamic playmaker the offense need to be elite.....He didn't say Luke was elite. Luke is a dynamic playmaker and showed it this year. That said if Adrian gets right he can be that too with a stronger arm. If he can't get right Scott will go with Luke.
Yep. Spot on Shocksker! You need a quick blinker pulling the trigger in this O to take it to the elite level that we all envisioned when Scott Frost committed to come save our beloved program. Coach V and Frost have said that Luke is off the charts with the mental part of this offense and then combine that with his crazy athleticism and it could be really fun to watch.

Yep. Spot on Shocksker! You need a quick blinker pulling the trigger in this O to take it to the elite level that we all envisioned when Scott Frost committed to come save our beloved program. Coach V and Frost have said that Luke is off the charts with the mental part of this offense and then combine that with his crazy athleticism and it could be really fun to watch.

Luke just hasn’t shown us enough throwing it yet. Some QB is gonna have to step up to complete more than swing passes at a sub 60% rate
and throw more than 10 TDs.

I know that involves WR / OL cooperation, but we’re gonna have to stretch the field better in 2020 to open up the rest of our game.

Doubt Luke starts unless Adrian can't get his injuries healed up. Luke still has a lot of work to do as a passer.

But he has that "gamer" feel to him like you can never count him out. If Scott could make peace with a lower pass frequency it could be a nice offense with him.

Some have it, while others don't. I haven't seen it this year from Martinez. Not sure his issues.

Luke seems to be oozing confidence and is not afraid of contact. It should be a tough call for Frost in this offseason.

He'll, most likely, stick with Martinez. I pray that Scott won't be stubborn on this. He should have McCaffrey practice with the #1s just to be ready. We need to start winning more and that needs to be a priority in Year 3.

No more excuses.

No, I meant Luke. I believe he will be the starter at QB next year. He is the dynamic playmaker that this offense needs to move to elite level.
If Frost has a legit QB competition. Martinez just doesn't seem to be a natural born leader. The team seems to have a bit more fire and spark when Mccaffrey was playing.
My gut say Frost will stick with Martinez no matter what and Mccaffrey will transfer. Will see, it will be an interesting off season for sure

If Frost has a legit QB competition. Martinez just doesn't seem to be a natural born leader. The team seems to have a bit more fire and spark when Mccaffrey was playing.
My gut say Frost will stick with Martinez no matter what and Mccaffrey will transfer. Will see, it will be an interesting off season for sure
I don’t buy the premise that Frost wouldn’t play another QB, if he was better, after all he recruited LM too. But let’s say AM wins the job again. Why would MCCaffrey transfer? He will be on the field and there are two years between he and AM. Also, his brother didn’t transfer when he didn’t get the nod a Michigan.

There is a deficit of serious skill psn talent on the roster. I checked to see who TMart and Tommy had as WRs in 2013. Bell, Quincy, Westy, Cethan, Jamal Turner and Alonzo Moore. Get a kid like Manning on the roster. And if Luke isn’t the #1 at QB, figure out how to get him on the field at any of the other skilled psns for some snaps. If Frost wants an open, sideline to sideline attack, he has to have depth at the skill psns.

There is a deficit of serious skill psn talent on the roster. I checked to see who TMart and Tommy had as WRs in 2013. Bell, Quincy, Westy, Cethan, Jamal Turner and Alonzo Moore. Get a kid like Manning on the roster. And if Luke isn’t the #1 at QB, figure out how to get him on the field at any of the other skilled psns for some snaps. If Frost wants an open, sideline to sideline attack, he has to have depth at the skill psns.

If Martinez can't handle the pressure of the position, move Luke behind center and find a way to get Martinez on the field.

Luke should have been playing receiver, special teams and qb from the beginning.

Do you guys really think QBs are going to sit behind guys and not transfer..lol

Doubt Luke starts unless Adrian can't get his injuries healed up. Luke still has a lot of work to do as a passer.

But he has that "gamer" feel to him like you can never count him out. If Scott could make peace with a lower pass frequency it could be a nice offense with him.
I think Luke can chuck it around better than he gets credit for. His swing passes sure look more on time and very natural. With a true dual threat at q.b and if we can get a downfield threat, (big if) Luke will be throwing to wide open receivers in busted coverage like most prolific spread quarterbacks

Luke should have been playing receiver, special teams and qb from the beginning.

Do you guys really think QBs are going to sit behind guys and not transfer..lol
Luke and his family said that he needed to redshirt. If the kid wants to redshirt to get stronger and make sure he knows the whole offense, that's what you do if you can. He would have helped us tremendously this year at WR IMO.

and Adrian doesn’t? Idk what you watched this year, I saw Adrian skip about every third pass

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
Luke just hasn’t shown us enough throwing it yet. Some QB is gonna have to step up to complete more than swing passes at a sub 60% rate
and throw more than 10 TDs.

I know that involves WR / OL cooperation, but we’re gonna have to stretch the field better in 2020 to open up the rest of our game.

Yes sir. But I'd guess having a good running game would help our qb's passing game more than anything else.

Heh...imo, we need more horizontal passes like another hole in our head. Just my opinion! :)

Reactions: HominidHusker
I love this board. A thread about manning and 9/10 of the post are AM vs LM. As far as Manning goes, early or late, I hope he plays and contributes and isn’t another fruco (Failed Frost JUCO)

Why are you bringing those guys up...remember Pelini couldn't recruit. I believe all of them were Callahan 7th seniors in 2013!

We have 4 star Wr's all over the place now that run circles round them bums....

I'm not giving up on AM but there is no way you watched Martinez this year and think Luke is that much worse of a passer. The coaches can't trust Martinez to throw anything into a zone. He struggled to throw to the flats a lot this year. Hard to get any momentum when he throws behind the receiver.

I love this board. A thread about manning and 9/10 of the post are AM vs LM. As far as Manning goes, early or late, I hope he plays and contributes and isn’t another fruco (Failed Frost JUCO)

Funny- I’m guilty this time, but I was already thinking the same thing.

P.S. Omar Manning is exactly what we need right now. It’s getting hard to wait and see how this class unfolds down the stretch. We’re close to really making an impressive finish.

Why are you bringing those guys up...remember Pelini couldn't recruit. I believe all of them were Callahan 7th seniors in 2013!

We have 4 star Wr's all over the place now that run circles round them bums....
WanRob - the real deal, hopefully his rep count at RB can be reduced next year.
Nance - ?????
McQuitty - game time was available this year. Jaevon apparently wasn't.
Houston - ?????
JD - will be more effective if he gets some help
Chase - ?????
Warner - was able to get healthy enough to get on the field in the back half of the season. Kade is a piece of the puzzle for sure, but not the kind of receiver we should expect to shoulder a big chunk of productivity.
Luke - may be needed to play some at WR if NU wants productivity in the passing game.
Manning - can NU get him. Don't really have to promise him playing time. It's there if he wants it.
Betts - will he qualify?
As of today, NU has two guys that are all-conference caliber WR, a glue guy in Warner, and three RS frosh. Get Manning and get Betts qualified and WR depth starts to look a lot better.

Frost says best players play. I totally get and am perfectly fine with preserving Luke's redshirt. Spring ball will be interesting when we see a fully Healthy year 3 Martinez vs a hungry Redshirt McCaffrey compete. I don't expect an early announcement externally. I'm hoping at least internally a decision will have been made with ample time for everyone to be prepared.

I saw a bunch of talk and realized this is about manning, not our qb situation.

I'd be shocked if we don't get manning and if he doesn't have every opportunity to immediately play. I don't want to say we need him, but we need him.

Offense is gonna be good next year. Will be nice to have 2-3 good qb’s ready to go. O-line could be a strength. Cam (haven’t heard his name from the whiners in awhile) is going to be really good. All in all, the qb debate is the least of our issues. Hope we land Manning!

Spring ball will tell us a lot. McCaffrey excelled in the situations that he was asked to. Against Maryland, he was asked to come in and manage a 38 point lead, which enabled Nebraska to call about 25 zone reads in a row. Against Iowa, he ran a sprint out, which was designed to suck the corner up, and put one on the money. We will all have to wait and see how he looks running the entire offense. I understand the love fest, but need to pump the breaks a bit. On the other side of that, it will be interesting to see if Martinez can return to form. In a down year, Martinez was 3rd in big 10 in yards/game with 258 to Justin Fields’ 263.
And played receiver

Some have it, while others don't. I haven't seen it this year from Martinez. Not sure his issues.

Luke seems to be oozing confidence and is not afraid of contact. It should be a tough call for Frost in this offseason.

He'll, most likely, stick with Martinez. I pray that Scott won't be stubborn on this. He should have McCaffrey practice with the #1s just to be ready. We need to start winning more and that needs to be a priority in Year 3.

No more excuses.
Do u remember how luke got hurt vs Indiana? He was running high and slowed up. I don’t say run through contact

He has 2 years left..no redshirt. I don’t know how much he can risk on a last min offer. Gotta go where your needed.

It sounds like he wants to stay close to home.

A&M's Top 3 receivers are all juniors, and they are all big receivers (6'4, 6'2, 6'2). So he would have a lot more competition there next year. But if he's as good as advertised, he's probably not worried about competition.

Reactions: Thrasher31
It sounds like he wants to stay close to home.

A&M's Top 3 receivers are all juniors, and they are all big receivers (6'4, 6'2, 6'2). So he would have a lot more competition there next year. But if he's as good as advertised, he's probably not worried about competition.
Where are you hearing this. I don’t think TCU is really an option and until this aTm offer, his top two were Nebraska and Oregon, not exactly close to home.

I’m not to worried about Texas AM here. They are joining the party VERY late with Omar Manning. I believe he’s been all Huskers since the visit. He sees we need a big body WR in a bad way, he feels he’s the perfect fit for our offense and he knows he can start from day one. There is a reason he hasn’t visited anyone else since ours visit. But we shall see soon enough. And TCU...??? Lmfao... there’s a reason he transferred out of there. They are no player for him at all

Reactions: mrruffin10
There is a reason he hasn’t visited anyone else since ours visit.
He's an elusive kid to get to know and by all accounts is not into the recruiting scene. I hope you're right, but the reason could also be that he is not going to sign in December and will be taking visits in January.

Reactions: headcard
Remember when you guys were telling us AM was going to be a Heisman hopeful and cruise to an easy west title? I do, but seems so long ago .

Remember when you guys were telling us AM was going to be a Heisman hopeful and cruise to an easy west title? I do, but seems so long ago .

Oh Turd Muffin....I can’t even count the number of “once in a generation”, “Future Early NFL Pick”, etc have been proclaimed in this board. That’s nothing new...move on to something you DON’T hear all the time here.

Reactions: Newbomb_Turk1
Where are you hearing this. I don’t think TCU is really an option and until this aTm offer, his top two were Nebraska and Oregon, not exactly close to home.

According to the TCU 247 site, he unofficially visited TCU this weekend.

lol...now this guys funny. No one said anything close to that. If I had to guess, probably the closest thing to that was someone saying A Martinez was considered a Heisman “DARK HORSE” candidate and it was the MEDIA that claimed the Huskers would win the west. Hell it was the media to claimed all the stuff you’re trying to say is Huskers claimed. There’s a huge difference between us Huskers saying that and the media predicting it. One thing you stupid Iowa fans need to learn and FAST is, just because the media predicts something doesn’t mean us Husker fans are saying it and thinking it. Sure, again, we may have been hopeful (he’ll who isn’t???) but that doesn’t mean we are saying it or claiming it.

Most actual Husker fans hope for the best but said we would wait and see how this season plays out first before we assumed anything. We just came off of a 4-8 season...I mean come on now. Why can’t you stupid Iowa fans just call it as it is? Why do you guys have to always flip things around, twist people words up and all that just to try and make someone look bad? You guys already pulled off another last second FG to beat our 5 win team...take the W and get the F_ck out already!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT