ADVERTISEMENT

Manning Award Candidate Tommy Armstrong

jeans15

Head Coach
Feb 23, 2011
Thought I would give Tommy some attention since the board likes to claim O' Brien is so great because he was elite 11...but never give Tommy credit for anything...as if 2700 yds and 700 yards rushing from the QB position is routine. Basically the same numbers as TM when he won offensive player of the year.

Use this as a confidence booster Tommy and make us proud.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-award-watch-list-paced-by-five-qbs-from-acc/

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
hmm.. well if he can turn up the completion percentage (to say 60%) and turn down the interceptions by half, he will have a very good year

Thought I would give Tommy some attention since the board likes to claim O' Brien is so great because he was elite 11...but never give Tommy credit for anything...as if 2700 yds and 700 yards rushing from the QB position is routine. Basically the same numbers as TM when he won offensive player of the year.

Use this as a confidence booster Tommy and make us proud.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-award-watch-list-paced-by-five-qbs-from-acc/
Initially I thought no way was Tommy's game that close to TM but after looking it up, tommy had more yards in their sophomore seasons. Granted there is a lot of variables that factor into that, I think with a competent coaching staff that tommy and the new defense will bring the glory that Taylor fell just short of.

Sophomore year, Taylor threw for 2089 yards at 56%, 7.25 yards per attempt, 13 TDs and 8 INTs. 126.5 efficiency rating. Tommy threw for 2695 yards at 53.3%, 7.8 yards per attempt, 22 TDs and 12 INTs, 133 efficiency rating.

I think it's fair to say Taylor was a more dangerous runner, but Tommy finished with a higher efficiency rating than a lot of guys last year including Sean Mannion of Oregon State.

We need him to be better than what we was last year, which was average (52nd out of 109 qualified QBs is pretty darn average). But he's not so far off he couldn't be pretty good. He completes just 2 passes a game last year that went incomplete instead and throws 2 fewer picks and he's top 30.

Reactions: jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT