ADVERTISEMENT

Manly man

I have always been a stubborn kind of person. Never been really over emotional. But tonight I had to say good bye to my,son who is leaving for his journey in the United States Army. I blubbered like a baby

Even as young adults kids can tug at those heart strings.
Even the strongest faucets let's out a few drops every now and then. God bless your son and our military.

I have always been a stubborn kind of person. Never been really over emotional. But tonight I had to say good bye to my,son who is leaving for his journey in the United States Army. I blubbered like a baby

I'm proud of both you and your son.

Godspeed to you both.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Been there. Son just returned safely from a tour in Iraq. God Bless all these heroes.

But tonight I had to say good bye to my,son who is leaving for his journey in the United States Army. I blubbered like a baby

I cried when mine left for the Army as well. You just feel so helpless and wishing there was some way to take this burden from them but you can't. They have as much right to their decisions as we did.

Rest well knowing that he is in the finest, best trained, best equipped army ever fielded by man and that he will be surrounded by experienced professionals that will take care of him and value his life.

God bless him and you and yours.

Go Blue!

Kudos to you for raising a fine young man!!

1.5yrs ago my 18 y/o son went into the Air Force, also living with me at the time was my 16 y/o son and I only have a two bedroom home so I slept in my office, where I happen to work from as well. My bed was 2' away from where I spend another 8hrs a day working...litetally spent 16 of every 24hrs in that not so large room because he was sleeping in the master bedroom (did not feel right sticking him in office where I would disturb him with my early start) so he finally leaves, and I was so torn up I continued to sleep in office for another 6 weeks because I couldn't bring myself to even open the master bedroom door where he lived, let alone move in.

So I get it, but it does get better.

Glad to see the stories and I respect you all. Top many times now I hear people complain this or that about our fine country! Too many families today that I know enjoy the benefits of our USA, but they would never allow their young to joins any branches of our military services!! Thank you for your giving to our country! In the world we live in, we all need protection and those that give to protect us!! U.S. Navy 66-70 HM3

did the same when my son left for the Navy.... took him to Sioux Falls to leave with the other recruits and had the whole room in tears :cool:

My oldest son leaves this month for boot camp also (Navy)... Ships out on the 19th from sunny AZ to Great Lakes... I'm really proud but not quite ready for him to leave...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT