ADVERTISEMENT

Manhandled at the point of attack.

We did get beat at point of attack, Illinois with 4.1 yards per carry, NE with 2.5 yards per carry. That is disappointing.

What was probably most disappointing for me was our pas defense. Illinois QB was 21/27 for 215 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs. I don’t think I saw him complete a single difficult throw all night. Their guys were WIDE open all night.

We did get beat at point of attack, Illinois with 4.1 yards per carry, NE with 2.5 yards per carry. That is disappointing.

What was probably most disappointing for me was our pas defense. Illinois QB was 21/27 for 215 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs. I don’t think I saw him complete a single difficult throw all night. Their guys were WIDE open all night.
Big part of the problem is #8 - he was clueless. No way he is the best safety we have.

And their DBs covered our receivers like flies on shit most of the night.

Would not mind new OC and DC in the future, though for tonight it was White that really sucked ass

And, we could have won if we had a decent kicker, but we have like 3 on the roster and they all suck

IL Offensive Coordinater was brilliant tonight and IL is a damn good team. Yet, we STILL could have won the game. Combination of officiating, some questionable play calls, and just plain bad breaks. We’re going to be fine. Yes, we have a long way to go, lots of things to fix, but I still like our trajectory. GBR.

Reactions: dinglefritz
IL Offensive Coordinater was brilliant tonight and IL is a damn good team. Yet, we STILL could have won the game. Combination of officiating, some questionable play calls, and just plain bad breaks. We’re going to be fine. Yes, we have a long way to go, lots of things to fix, but I still like our trajectory. GBR.
What if penn state beats the hell out of them? We can’t run the ball. Our oline sucks and our defense is vulnerable

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Are coordinates that N has brilliant? Have we seen that from Satt or White? I think White last year people thought he was - after tonight?

Are coordinates that N has brilliant? Have we seen that from Satt or White? I think White last year people thought he was - after tonight?
I like White a lot, but the bottom line is that he didn’t have an answer…for Illinois.

Maybe we’re still not that talented on defense. Fine. But the defense should be good enough—and White should be elite enough—to find a way to stop fricking ILLINOIS at home. Even in year 2, this is just a bad loss and a bad look.

I like White a lot, but the bottom line is that he didn’t have an answer…for Illinois.

Maybe we’re still not that talented on defense. Fine. But the defense should be good enough—and White should be elite enough—to find a way to stop fricking ILLINOIS at home. Even in year 2, this is just a bad loss and a bad look.
Way too many mistakes; poor blocking, several plays with defenders out of position, giving up containment, leaving holes in the secondary, choking in OT. I do think the refs were uneven, but not wrong. But they didn't lose this game, our staff was clearly out coached. I had said this game will reveal a lot, and boy did it. Its a lot harder to pull out of the doldrums than is reasonable, and the odds remain against us going into a 3rd decade. cMR may be a rebuilder, but he needs better help, and he may not be able to get NU to a championship level, tho I still hope he can. It might be too early in his tenure to say something like that, but being out coached is not something that just goes away. Beliema is good, but not that good. Teams were well matched, coaches were not? Not a good sign.

I was once realistically told by a big time booster that what NU did from Devavey to Osborne was nearly impossible for a sparse state like NE, and it would be very hard to make it happen again.

Reactions: Frozone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT