ADVERTISEMENT

Makes you wonder.....

I saw nothing in that article that gave me a heads up that something changed for the better. In fact the opposite. I'm sorry the folks on here don't like my posts about it.
I expected that from you. But trying to make heroes out of people bullying fat kids was a little shocking, even by your standards.

Last edited:
The reason they've lost so many games?

15 total losses.

You can subtract any games Martinez didn't play or left with the team up and any two-score game because that's a team loss. I understand a great QB can overcome multiple scores, but that's on the team, both falling behind by multiple scores and overcoming it.

6 losses remain.

Iowa '19 - Iowa gave up an average of 14 PPG in 2019. Nebraska lost 27-24, but had a non-offensive score. Long scores due to failed containment, poor special teams, a killer Mike Williams "penalty", 2AM failing to stay in bounds, long play given up with seconds remaining, a dagger kick from an All-American kicker.

Martinez played poorly. This loss could be pinned on him, but there are other obvious factors.

Iowa '18 - Iowa gave up an average of 18.1 PPG in 2018. Nebraska lost 31-28. Large deficit most of the game, big brass balls call to go for it from inside NU's own 10 after stopping Iowa on 4th down and goal changed everything, and a 4th down conversion for Iowa preceding a walk-off FG.

Martinez had a passer rating of 138, a 68.5% completion percentage, and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio while accounting for 336 yards. This one's not on 2AM.

Purdue '19 - Missed opportunities in the red zone, a late TD drive by Purdue's 3rd string QB was key.

Martinez accounts for over 300 yards, but plays poorly. I would put this on the defense failing to get the stop, but I can see this one being put on Martinez due to the failure to score in the red zone and a terrible INT after a blocked punt.

Colorado '19 - Backup punter misses potential game-tying FG, CTB bites on a flea-flicker, team played flat after the half.

Martinez accounts for over 350 yards, 4 TDs, and a passer rating of 172.9. This one's also not on Martinez.

Ohio State '18 - Nebraska leads at the half, but gets bullied in the second half. 2AM has a bad lateral that likely cost the team at least 3 points in a 5 point loss. JD Spielman drops a crucial walk-in TD pass.

Martinez accounts for over 330 yards and 3 total TDs with 0 INTs in one of the toughest places to play in the country. If you're hanging the kid for not playing perfect, go for it, but he played well here.

Northwestern '18 - Wildcats come back from down 10 with about 3 minutes left in the game and convert multiple 4th downs to do so. Martinez throws a pick from the 40-yard line in OT on 4th down while running from pressure.

Martinez only accounts for 288 yards and this game is one of two in which he throws multiple INTs in a loss (2019's 48-7 loss vs. OSU is the other). If you watched this game you know 2AM wasn't the reason for the loss.

So, there's debatably two or three losses that you can hang on Martinez if you're so inclined to ignore the fact that football is a team game. You point to a 9-15 record, which nobody is happy about, while claiming that a kid who accounted for 10 points in 10 quarters is better than a kid who's statistically been better at his position than anyone ever to attend the university through two years and was voted a team captain as a true sophomore. Your stance is simply indefensible...but don't let me or anyone stop you from trying.
Ummm, nice work but you're arguing with a guy that called AM a bum and literally said he wasn't trying to win last season. Good luck.

Ummm, nice work but you're arguing with a guy that called AM a bum and literally said he wasn't trying to win last season. Good luck.
he had someone else doing his workouts last year.. yeah, he's a poster child of commitment to winning.

he had someone else doing his workouts last year.. yeah, he's a poster child of commitment to winning.
Bump.

I see you’ve posted in other threads since I’ve asked for proof of this post. You’ve posted it in a few threads now. Either produce proof or shut the hell up on this. This is bush league garbage. I know you hate AM, but to post this drive-by with nothing more to back it up?

This is a new low, even for you.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Bump.

I see you’ve posted in other threads since I’ve asked for proof of this post. You’ve posted it in a few threads now. Either produce proof or shut the hell up on this. This is bush league garbage. I know you hate AM, but to post this drive-by with nothing more to back it up?

This is a new low, even for you.
How would that even work? You do a workout or you don't. How do you have someone else do it for you? It's not a term paper. Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Nebraska is finally in a spot that we don’t have to have AM to win. We have two QBs behind him that I think any of us would agree has the talent to play B1G football.

the problem has, is, and will continually will be
1. LBs
2. depth
3 RBs

but we are a dark horse this year if you’ve ever seen one. I think the staff has come a long ways in the depth area, and the LBs coming in look promising. Not sure we have a solid #2 RB yet but a lot of that can change if the passing games in clicking

Nebraska is finally in a spot that we don’t have to have AM to win. We have two QBs behind him that I think any of us would agree has the talent to play B1G football.

the problem has, is, and will continually will be
1. LBs
2. depth
3 RBs

but we are a dark horse this year if you’ve ever seen one. I think the staff has come a long ways in the depth area, and the LBs coming in look promising. Not sure we have a solid #2 RB yet but a lot of that can change if the passing games in clicking
I agree with this. The past 2 years, we had no choice but to roll with AM. He was by far and without question the only QB on the team who gave us a chance to win.

I don’t know what to think about him. I hope he plays better this year. One thing is for sure, though: generational talents who lead you to titles aren’t easy to come by. Not sure it’s fair to blame him for not being that.

I agree with this. The past 2 years, we had no choice but to roll with AM. He was by far and without question the only QB on the team who gave us a chance to win.

I don’t know what to think about him. I hope he plays better this year. One thing is for sure, though: generational talents who lead you to titles aren’t easy to come by. Not sure it’s fair to blame him for not being that.

Agreed. Not too many Tommie Fraziers out there.Sure, AM2 could use a better oline. However, he's a question for me. We'll see how he'll do to start out with. If he's not the one, then Frost better stick in McCaffrey.

Reactions: Baxter48
I see you just posted again in another thread... if I ask nicely will you provide a link? Pretty please?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT