ADVERTISEMENT

"Make it right" - Mizzou

slick1979uk

Nebraska Legend
Oct 3, 2004
Billboard's around KC have that message. Make what right? I remember when they joined the SEC they had billboard's saying that KC is SEC country and that didn't take. Mizzou is sort of an outsider here in KC now.

Reactions: 250vertical
They are in protest over NCAA penalties and have a campaign to fight it.

They are in protest over NCAA penalties and have a campaign to fight it.

And they have good reason. Their punishment was totally disproportionate to what some others have received for far more serious violations (looking at you North Carolina). Basically proved that there’s no reason to cooperate with the investigators and instead deny, obstruct, and obfuscate.

All that said, I’m not sure how billboards in KC are going to help them.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
True story about Mizzou sports in the Kansas City Market:

If Mizzou has 8 wins in November, and KU has 8 losses, KU will still beat Mizzou football in the TV ratings.

Reactions: 250vertical
True story about Mizzou sports in the Kansas City Market:

If Mizzou has 8 wins in November, and KU has 8 losses, KU will still beat Mizzou football in the TV ratings.
And probably on the field. It was crazy the KU could compete with Mizzou every year, no matter how bad they were.

And they have good reason. Their punishment was totally disproportionate to what some others have received for far more serious violations (looking at you North Carolina). Basically proved that there’s no reason to cooperate with the investigators and instead deny, obstruct, and obfuscate.

All that said, I’m not sure how billboards in KC are going to help them.

Get enough of the public to agree with you, they can sway with the lovely thing thing called public opinion and pressure. Its a wonderful tool used these by low IQ politicians and those with an agenda to shame and humiliate those they dont agree with. Heck, if they get enough support behind them people who do agree with the NCAA might even be labeled NAZIS(OHHHHHH scary)

NEVER EVER cooperate with the NCAA. It makes zero sense to do so*

*Assuming you are an important school.

One of our sons is a Mizzou Journalism grad and just accepted the weekend sports anchor position with a Topeka tv station and he will be covering KU,KSU, and KC sports teams...KU’s season should be interesting to follow this year and just might get a little inside information :)

One of our sons is a Mizzou Journalism grad and just accepted the weekend sports anchor position with a Topeka tv station and he will be covering KU,KSU, and KC sports teams...KU’s season should be interesting to follow this year and just might get a little inside information :)
KU will be lucky to win 3 games this year. No insider information required.

Over 120,000 alumni within 40 miles of KU's Memorial Stadium and with regards to Football they have been served a sh** sandwich by the men that they have paid one hell of a lot of money to make good decisions and guide the program to consistent 6 to 7 win seasons. That's all they ask - 6 to 7 wins. Failed men. The atmosphere in Lawrence was nuclear when Mangino had them three straight years bowling including an BCS Orange Bowl win. He wins National Coach of the Year and 2 years later KU..........fires him and makes a series of disastrous hires. They have a National Brand in Basketball that will carry them from Dec. thru March. All that is required of the FB program is 6 to 7 wins. They would fill the stadium and have 10k up on the hill. And they can't come close.

Billboard's around KC have that message. Make what right? I remember when they joined the SEC they had billboard's saying that KC is SEC country and that didn't take. Mizzou is sort of an outsider here in KC now.

I live in KC as well. Here on the KS side in JOCO Mizzou is almost never heard of. More than anything that whole football, Pinkel, protest thing that went on really took its toll on MU. I don’t think they’ve ever recovered from it and I don’t see it happening anytime soon. I actually just drove through Columbia earlier today and that whole town is just a crap hole. When you compare it to other Midwestern cities that have P5 teams, Lincoln, Lawrence, Manhattan, OKC, etc it really Doesn’t hold a candle to the rest

I think I even read at one point it is no longer the number one choice of high school seniors in Missouri. Not good if you’re the flagship university.

Last edited:
I live in KC as well. Here on the KS side in JOCO Mizzou is almost never heard of. More than anything that whole football, Pinkel, protest thing that went on really took its toll on MU. I don’t think they’ve ever recovered from it and I don’t see it happening anytime soon. I actually just drove through Columbia earlier today and that whole town is just a crap hole. When you compare it to other Midwestern cities that have P5 teams, Lincoln, Lawrence, Manhattan, OKC, etc it really Doesn’t hold a candle to the rest

I think I even read at one point it is no longer the number one choice of high school seniors in Missouri. Not good if you’re the flagship university.

Man, you can really tell a lot by just driving thru a town

Over 120,000 alumni within 40 miles of KU's Memorial Stadium and with regards to Football they have been served a sh** sandwich by the men that they have paid one hell of a lot of money to make good decisions and guide the program to consistent 6 to 7 win seasons. That's all they ask - 6 to 7 wins. Failed men. The atmosphere in Lawrence was nuclear when Mangino had them three straight years bowling including an BCS Orange Bowl win. He wins National Coach of the Year and 2 years later KU..........fires him and makes a series of disastrous hires. They have a National Brand in Basketball that will carry them from Dec. thru March. All that is required of the FB program is 6 to 7 wins. They would fill the stadium and have 10k up on the hill. And they can't come close.
Are you saying they shouldn’t have fired Mangino?

Man, you can really tell a lot by just driving thru a town

I live in KC and have family in STL. I’ve been driving I-70 through Columbia for over 30 years. I also spent about 12 weeks in Columbia over an 8 month period back in 2011 for corporate training. My wife went to MU for 2 years before transferring out because she hated it so much. To be honest, I’ve probably spent more time in Columbia than Lincoln. So I don’t base my opinion of Columbia just on a random drive through town.

Sure can. Come drive through Youngstown OH some time.

Yup. I’ve been through enough towns and cities to know which ones are crap and which ones are nice. You can get a good sense of the cleanliness and culture of a town or city pretty quickly if you just take some time to drive around.

Why is it always the "yellow and black" schools' that give the best redneck comedy?!

Not complaining at all, just enjoying!

Missouri be like:

Last edited:

Yes, the disastrous hires just like we did....Clownahan, Smiling Mike, Pedeyshine, etc......Thank goodness NU has a superb "tradition". That helps a lot. Poor KU doesn't have that asset and it's big-time rough sledding for them.

Are you saying they shouldn’t have fired Mangino?
Mangino had some personal problems and had alienated some of his staff. He was not easy with alumni or the press. It certainly did not help that he had been dogged by his Athletic Director(Lew Perkins) since Perkins arrived. Zenger was with Mangino when Snyder built K-state football. They were friends. If Mangino had held on to beat MU at Arrowhead he would have kept his job. Perkins, the AD, was fired the next year for BB ticket scandals as well as other questionable actions. Zenger was hired. Could Zenger have stabilized Mangino? Who knows. But it would have meant that for the first time in Mangino's time as head coach at Kansas he would have had a AD that was not trying to get rid of him. He would have had absolute support. Again, who knows how it would have turned out but it sure as hell could not have been any worse than the clowns that followed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT