ADVERTISEMENT

make Gundy say no $10mil/year

thall_

Walk On
Sep 25, 2022
Went to the Oklahoma State-Texas game (fiancee is an OSU alum), and I gotta say, Gundy is just all around impressive.

Not sure exactly what the talent disparity is, but I'm sure its pretty great between OSU and Texas. Despite missing a few OL and DL, Oklahoma State didn't look outmuscled the entire game. Doesn't go full panic mode when they're down a few scores, doesn't seem to lose head scratchers, and they do an excellent job at scoring when they absolutely need to.

likely a pipe dream, but why wouldn't you at least try?

I think you can make a call but I really don't think he's gonna up and move after 17 years.

I don't know about his wife, but he played QB at OSU. He's home man. He ain't going nowhere. His dogs are probably named Pistol and Pete.

Honestly I think you might as well call Saban while you're at it.

I think you can make a call but I really don't think he's gonna up and move after 17 years.

I don't know about his wife, but he played QB at OSU. He's home man. He ain't going nowhere. His dogs are probably named Pistol and Pete.

Honestly I think you might as well call Saban while you're at it.
I agree with you.

In Oklahoma, there was a sentiment that the t-shirt incident didn't sit well with Gundy that created resentment. Coupled with the uncertainty of the Big 12, it feels like there's no harm in making him say no.

he's made Oklahoma State into a really enjoyable team to root for.

I agree with you.

In Oklahoma, there was a sentiment that the t-shirt incident didn't sit well with Gundy that created resentment. Coupled with the uncertainty of the Big 12, it feels like there's no harm in making him say no.

he's made Oklahoma State into a really enjoyable team to root for.

So this is gonna sound like I'm slighting OSU, but really I'm not. They remind me of a more successful Iowa. They are more entertaining to watch by a long way too.

As good as Gundy is, he's got one championship in 17 years and that was 11 years ago.

Again I'm not trying to knock OSU, that's still one more Ship than we got in the same period.

So this is gonna sound like I'm slighting OSU, but really I'm not. They remind me of a more successful Iowa. They are more entertaining to watch by a long way too.

As good as Gundy is, he's got one championship in 17 years and that was 11 years ago.

Again I'm not trying to knock OSU, that's still one more Ship than we got in the same period.
That's a perfectly fair criticism, and you'll hear it from OSU fans when they're in the midst of a 7-8 win season.

I'd say he's closer to being like Harbaugh. The road to winning the Big 12 South ran through Oklahoma for many years, and Bob Stoops was simply a better coach with better athletes, much like the dynamic between Ohio State and Michigan.

Part of what's so compelling is his teams rarely get off to slow starts. I believe if Nebraska didn't perpetually start slow the last 5 seasons that we'd win at least 8 games a year with wins over some of the conference titans.

Went to the Oklahoma State-Texas game (fiancee is an OSU alum), and I gotta say, Gundy is just all around impressive.

Not sure exactly what the talent disparity is, but I'm sure its pretty great between OSU and Texas. Despite missing a few OL and DL, Oklahoma State didn't look outmuscled the entire game. Doesn't go full panic mode when they're down a few scores, doesn't seem to lose head scratchers, and they do an excellent job at scoring when they absolutely need to.

Let me tell you a less impressive story of Gundy. His neighbor, a dear friend of mine was asked by Mike if he would be interested in removing the Cedar trees between their properties and he would pay him. My friend rents the tractor and other equipment and does the work. He then goes to Mike's house to collect and Gundy says "do I know you"?

I think it is hard being the Number 2 college in a state. Not sure how Iowa Stae funding compares to Iowa and K-State to KU, but here in Washington, WSU doesn't even come close to receiving the funds U Dub does. I bet that is the case in Stillwater. Although Pickens money helped.

Yes, you've got to make a pitch for him. He'd be great developing HH and Torres.

ADVERTISEMENT