ADVERTISEMENT

Maize n Brew Husker talk

It was entertaining. Thanks for the post.

I thought this was intriguing:

"Andy Ketterson: This year, I think people will be happy as long as he doesn't backslide under 9 wins - and with this year's miserable schedule, winning less than 9 will be hard. I mean, people are seriously referring to Miami and BYU as tough games and neither is in the top 40.

The feeling on Riley is split. There is the camp that, ahem, strongly questions this hire, but prays that it works out despite his lack of success the last five years or so. (Full disclosure - I'm in that camp.) The other camp thinks it's 2009 and we're getting the guy who was cresting the wave of success during Oregon St.'s most successful stretch. That camp gets really mad when we bring up post-2009. They talk about USC wanting him...even though a) that was 2010 and b) everyone, including Riley and except Lane Kiffin, didn't want to touch that hot Trojan mess with Ron Jeremy's d-...well, you get what I mean."

Ron Jeremy, that was pretty funny.
ron-jeremy.jpg

Well Michigan is picked 4th in their division; thats with the new coach. Lots of talent there; but the B1G has been underrated, the true genius and sure wins lie in its internet of support staffans - lots of good coaches though.
*** N had the talent to jump up on anyone; and still lose - simply, BO stuck with his stuff, appears he even hampered his own assistants. I backed Bo, but Carls attitude probably showed how N some weren't. HCMR's team lost 37-36 to Oregon two years ago; so he is not so far removed from an inspirational game as some believe: you have to know they were horribly outmanned; he is in a better place :)
*** BYU was good before its qb got hurt: pulverizing Texas in getting off to a good start; its a real game.
*** Miami is laden with talent, a trap game on that field. What will the refs let them get by with?
*** Wisconsin has the easiest schedule; none of the big 3 in crossover games.
*** I believe HCMR has an initial advantage in assistant coaches; for the adjustment and long term
*** Even the TV announcers were driven crazy by the poor fundamentals on the N defense, especially tackling; you would have been pulled from my junior high games for poor head placement and other factors : crazy. Pelini turned D tackles into self-blocking dancing bears a lot.
*** Michigan's coaches tactics may get them out of the gate faster; but it may be equal, with us pulling away. Tough for them to make the championship game , if they do, its coach of the year quality.
*** I think we have an AD much more involved and with a good plan - Many underestimate here.
*** Lets make some noise in our divisions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT