ADVERTISEMENT

M. Bondi -- Done

This puts us at 82 scholarships as of now. With 18 graduating, we will have room for 21-24 in the next class. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more go in the next few months. I expect that we will see them filling a class of 25-28 next signing day.

Reactions: Husk10
Tough to see kids have to go, but NU has to get back to big boy football with their 85. No room for that many kickers. Good luck to him.

well at least he passive aggressively threw a jab at the current staff
I don't really see it as a jab against current staff. It's not like he could say he played for the new staff, they haven't had a season yet. At least he's leaving saying thanks for the chance to be a Husker; trying to be a little gracious I'd say.

Thanking the staff that gave him the opportunity doesn't have to imply he is taking a shot at the new staff.

I guess to me, when trying to "read between the lines", it sometimes isn't always healthy and contributes to a lot of mis-communication as well. Sometimes one has to just take things at face value and not everything or everyone has some hidden agenda.

Good luck to Bondi.

Reactions: HuskerO
Seems like kicking comes down to a statistics game; with punting adding finess and direction - the capper is performance under pressure. There is time in practice for literally thousands of kicks over time; so kickoffs and extra points are going to get matter of fact, on who from where. Punts you have things such as " hang time " and other factors; much of this is tracked. This creates the " favorites ", for duties. Now, from practices, one must see and evaluate performances.
In scrimmages and the Spring game, much can be seen. I think we have an outstanding punter; expect he will compete for honors. He seems to have it all. I loved the angles he took on long punts; not just, " center fielding it" , in the Spring game. He will pin some teams deep this year and create mistakes in the return team. You can be a good kicker and simply get beat out by a great one; not so many great ones out there, so why not transfer where you can be good and play - aiming for great. Thanks for his efforts. GBR

Seems like kicking comes down to a statistics game; with punting adding finess and direction - the capper is performance under pressure. There is time in practice for literally thousands of kicks over time; so kickoffs and extra points are going to get matter of fact, on who from where. Punts you have things such as " hang time " and other factors; much of this is tracked. This creates the " favorites ", for duties. Now, from practices, one must see and evaluate performances.
In scrimmages and the Spring game, much can be seen. I think we have an outstanding punter; expect he will compete for honors. He seems to have it all. I loved the angles he took on long punts; not just, " center fielding it" , in the Spring game. He will pin some teams deep this year and create mistakes in the return team. You can be a good kicker and simply get beat out by a great one; not so many great ones out there, so why not transfer where you can be good and play - aiming for great. Thanks for his efforts. GBR
Is he leaving the University, transferring to play or just dropping out of school? Without an NFL dream kicking might not be as much fun so if he can complete his education without a scholarship why not enjoy his senior year?

Is he leaving the University, transferring to play or just dropping out of school? Without an NFL dream kicking might not be as much fun so if he can complete his education without a scholarship why not enjoy his senior year?
He already graduated.

Nebraska has high quality kickers on board for this season and into the future.

Dude was awful. Those kicks looked like dead ducks.
Thanking the staff that gave him the opportunity doesn't have to imply he is taking a shot at the new staff.

I guess to me, when trying to "read between the lines", it sometimes isn't always healthy and contributes to a lot of mis-communication as well. Sometimes one has to just take things at face value and not everything or everyone has some hidden agenda.

Good luck to Bondi.

He really should thank the old staff for the free education. When he was being recruited he really was a reach and the last resort. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the young guy but it's true. The old staff whiffed on a bunch of kickers that year and really were just trying to find something when they offered him. And I don't know why either cause it wasn't like anyone on the old staff could really coach up kickers.

He really should thank the old staff for the free education. When he was being recruited he really was a reach and the last resort. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the young guy but it's true. The old staff whiffed on a bunch of kickers that year and really were just trying to find something when they offered him. And I don't know why either cause it wasn't like anyone on the old staff could really coach up kickers.
This. I remember watching a couple extra point kicks thinking, "This dude is on scholly???"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT