ADVERTISEMENT

Luke runs the option like its suppossed to be run...

I think AM looks really good running it too. I think the reason he doesn’t run it more is because they are afraid of getting him hurt.
Mmmmm. I'll agree to disagree. If you can't run plays then you got them wrong guy. Not trying to go down that road....

He really reminds me of Eric Crouch. I can't wait to see him grow into a starter for this team someday!

Reactions: jeans15
“If you can’t run plays then you got them wrong guy”. ???????
Sorry for the typo on the word guy. I was referring to what you said about them being afraid to have him run it afraid to get him hurt.

If you can't call plays that work, then you've got the wrong guy running the play is my point.

I'm not saying that we've got the wrong QB. I said McCaffrey runs the option better in my opinion.

I was super impressed with McCaffrey. He's going to be a stud. And yeah, he's a lot more like Frost/Crouch; you could tell that Maryland had not really game-planned for him coming in and running the ball so much, because we just kept gashing them every time he did it.

If we are ever going to be good again, it’s going to be running the ball and stingy D. It’s in the DNA of the the university. Anything else causes inflammation and leads to lethargy. We are allergic to the norm. Get back to the basics and run 60% and have a defense that will hit

Good lord...AM could walk on water and some of you nerds would complain that he didn't know how to swim.
He had a good game. However, as he has done all year he shows poor decision make and horrible ill timed throws. Had we been playing a half competent team he has 3 if not 4 picks today. 2 for sure in the RZ. That is not going to cut it long term against BIG10 teams.

I agree that AM ran well today, but watching Luke run it, he is a natural. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought he looked like Crouch... loved watching him keep it and split the defenders over and over again. I don’t think AM looks like that. AM is good with the zone read when he keeps it and runs, but true option I would love to see Luke run that all day every day over AM.

I agree that AM ran well today, but watching Luke run it, he is a natural. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought he looked like Crouch... loved watching him keep it and split the defenders over and over again. I don’t think AM looks like that. AM is good with the zone read when he keeps it and runs, but true option I would love to see Luke run that all day every day over AM.

When Luke got in...MD had already quit. Something to remember.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I like them mixing it up and getting Luke in there for some plays. Martinez is still learning but won’t make the same mistakes next year. The most popular guy on the team for fans is usually the backup Qb. I would like if they had some packages for Luke where they use his strengths. But I think Frost knows we need Martinez’s strengths more. Now if Adrian makes the same mistakes next year then it’s a problem.

I hope they throw Luke in a few times Friday. I think it helps keep the D on edge a little.

I wanted to see luke pass, he's convince me he can run, just to know what we have incase martinez gets hurt or has a bad stretch

Luke is best in the option because when he is one on one with a defender who thinks he is even with him....hes past him.. dude is just quick and people dont know how to adjust to thay. He is certainly a change of pace QB if Frost can find a way to get him a couple series on friday

Reactions: timnsun
Luke is best in the option because when he is one on one with a defender who thinks he is even with him....hes past him.. dude is just quick and people dont know how to adjust to thay. He is certainly a change of pace QB if Frost can find a way to get him a couple series on friday

Simply put, he wins his 1 on 1 battles...a lot. Poor MD linebackers had no chance against him in the open field.

If we are ever going to be good again, it’s going to be running the ball and stingy D. It’s in the DNA of the the university. Anything else causes inflammation and leads to lethargy. We are allergic to the norm. Get back to the basics and run 60% and have a defense that will hit

You do realize we currently have a 62-38 % run vs pass ratio? (Definitely not a stingy Defense)

When Luke was in, it was vs the 2nd and 3rd stringers. He was not really running an option he was not going to hand the ball off, he was going to keep it every time!

ADVERTISEMENT