ADVERTISEMENT

Luke McCaffrey to Louisville

Uh huh, maybe he trusts every other staff on the planet more than this one. Part of that may have to do with opportunity. Really not that crazy at all, wouldn't you agree?

I don't get your premise. You are just so angry you assume everywhere else is better? Even though they are a worse team and are worse at developing players? Even though he will be sitting behind a better QB? OK...

Reactions: jsachisler
Yes, he would never bench AM. Except for the fact that he did just that and the next man up was even worse, much, much worse.
'benched' him, never stopped telling everyone how sorry he felt for the kid, how much he saw in him, then immediately reinserted him after a loss that wouldn't crack the top 2 worst losses in AM's career.

keep pounding that drum, friend. another 5 win season will come and go and you'll be left wondering how it possibly could've happened again.

I don't get your premise. You are just so angry you assume everywhere else is better? Even though they are a worse team and are worse at developing players? Even though he will be sitting behind a better QB? OK...

It's really simple. He realizes he's not going to see the field much, he realizes he (and maybe those around him) aren't getting better, so he is going to try to get better somewhere else. They're 14-22 over the last 3 years, how are the worse?

'benched' him, never stopped telling everyone how sorry he felt for the kid, how much he saw in him, then immediately reinserted him after a loss that wouldn't crack the top 2 worst losses in AM's career.

keep pounding that drum, friend. another 5 win season will come and go and you'll be left wondering how it possibly could've happened again.

What drum? That LM is not a good QB? Yes, I will keep pounding it because he was absolutely terrible and he did not deserve to play. He proved that. I wish we were much better at the QB position, but LM is not that. However many games you think we will win next year, you could probably cut in half if LM was the QB.

What drum? That LM is not a good QB? Yes, I will keep pounding it because he was absolutely terrible and he did not deserve to play. He proved that. I wish we were much better at the QB position, but LM is not that. However many games you think we will win next year, you could probably cut in half if LM was the QB.
again, unlike AM, Luke will likely get better. he's currently at his floor in terms of performance. extremely raw talent who doesn't have a ton of experience at QB.

AM will tread water, suck horrendously, and play every minute despite those facts.

again, unlike AM, Luke will likely get better. he's currently at his floor in terms of performance. extremely raw talent who doesn't have a ton of experience at QB.

AM will tread water, suck horrendously, and play every minute despite those facts.

It's possible he will get better and somehow contribute as a QB. It is probably more likely he changes positions. He was given a chance and wasn't good enough or wasn't ready. Frost has benched AM before and there is no reason to think he wouldn't do it again. LM could have competed and won back PT, but he decided to take his ball and go home.

It's possible he will get better and somehow contribute as a QB. It is probably more likely he changes positions. He was given a chance and wasn't good enough or wasn't ready. Frost has benched AM before and there is no reason to think he wouldn't do it again. LM could have competed and won back PT, but he decided to take his ball and go home.
this is the drum you continue to pound. compete and win PT. I don't see it, and Luke clearly didn't, either.

the fact AM has gotten SO MUCH LEASH while Luke got 2 games doesn't bother you at all? it drives me insane, and points to a clear double standard.

AM is the losingest QB in Husker history and all we hear is how much Frost sees himself in him and how sorry he felt for him during the 2 weeks he (gasp!) wasn't the starter.

meanwhile, Luke loses a game in which he turns the ball over 4x and the defense gives up 300 yards rushing and he's written off as not a QB/not good enough. it's a joke.

this is the drum you continue to pound. compete and win PT. I don't see it, and Luke clearly didn't, either.

the fact AM has gotten SO MUCH LEASH while Luke got 2 games doesn't bother you at all? it drives me insane, and points to a clear double standard.

AM is the losingest QB in Husker history and all we hear is how much Frost sees himself in him and how sorry he felt for him during the 2 weeks he (gasp!) wasn't the starter.

How don't you see it? AM was literally benched and LM was given a shot and wasn't ready. That is how it works, get better and prove you are ready next time. There is no double standard, be the better player, win the job. Luke did not do that. It does not bother me that Luke wasn't given more games to falter. It bothers me that he wasn't benched way sooner in the Illinois game, so we could have actually won that game. It bothers me that we don't have the QB depth and that he was even on the 2-deep as a rFR in the first place.

I understand the frustration with AM, but I cannot understand the pity part for LM at all.

How don't you see it? AM was literally benched and LM was given a shot and wasn't ready. That is how it works, get better and prove you are ready next time. There is no double standard, be the better player, win the job. Luke did not do that. It does not bother me that Luke wasn't given more games to falter. It bothers me that he wasn't benched way sooner in the Illinois game, so we could have actually won that game. It bothers me that we don't have the QB depth and that he was even on the 2-deep as a rFR in the first place.

I understand the frustration with AM, but I cannot understand the pity part for LM at all.
it's not about LM at all, though I now hope he goes on to have much success as an ACC QB.

it's entirely about being completely fed up with seeing that loser #2 piloting our beloved plane into mountain after mountain with zero end in sight.

better suited at another position

Husker football is the human centipede, and here's the order of sh*t-eating:

Frost -> AM -> fans

it's not about LM at all, though I now hope he goes on to have much success as an ACC QB.

it's entirely about being completely fed up with seeing that loser #2 piloting our beloved plane into mountain after mountain with zero end in sight.
Here's the deal that people need to understand. Frost IMO is just as frustrated with Adrian as the rest of us. Frost has stated many times that we've "missed opportunities" and that we have to stop turning the ball over. They see it but it's apparent that they didn't believe Luke was any better and Smothers couldn't play. QBs make or break teams and it's pretty clear that much of our failures these past couple of years has been due to poor decisions and execution by our QBs. The question now is whether somebody else can do it better or do we have to ride Adrian's experience this year again. IF IF IF he could play most of the time like he did that second half against Rutgers, we'll be fine. IF he continues to play like he did in that first half then we HAVE to try something different even if it's a walk on.

I'm at the point where IF he would come out and make a bone headed play this fall in his first series I would yank him and put Masker in. I would go full on Spurrier with the QBs until they got the message that stupid turnovers aren't going to be tolerated.

Here's the deal that people need to understand. Frost IMO is just as frustrated with Adrian as the rest of us. Frost has stated many times that we've "missed opportunities" and that we have to stop turning the ball over. They see it but it's apparent that they didn't believe Luke was any better and Smothers couldn't play. QBs make or break teams and it's pretty clear that much of our failures these past couple of years has been due to poor decisions and execution by our QBs. The question now is whether somebody else can do it better or do we have to ride Adrian's experience this year again. IF IF IF he could play most of the time like he did that second half against Rutgers, we'll be fine. IF he continues to play like he did in that first half then we HAVE to try something different even if it's a walk on.

I'm at the point where IF he would come out and make a bone headed play this fall in his first series I would yank him and put Masker in. I would go full on Spurrier with the QBs until they got the message that stupid turnovers aren't going to be tolerated.
There comes a point where you are what your records says you are. I believe Frost thought he could get AM on track, and therefore did not act with urgency to bring in someone to legitimately push him. So he's got an athlete in a brand name LM that they thought they could develop, a couple of young guys from Nebraska and Vedral who was never meant to be more than a back up. Hopefully he's learned to put the team first and always push competition and upgrades. Milton made him overconfident.

Two tall white boys from Iowa ending up at Nebraska I'm sure they feel like they fit right in good grief talk about completely whiffing on the point.

A nicer city with less delusional fans. Your exact
words. Didn’t know this was about height or race. Luke is a 6’2 white kid, BTW.

A nicer city with less delusional fans. Your exact
words. Didn’t know this was about height or race. Luke is a 6’2 white kid, BTW.
I'm not going to bother arguing with old husker fans about how there state is bleeding young people left and right because it's very clearly a bigotted 90% white community that has absurd expectations for 18 year olds kids. Grew up in Omaha, lived in Lincoln for like 6 years now, and absolutely any kid with a brain would be smart to leave for Louiseville.

I'm not going to bother arguing with old husker fans about how there state is bleeding young people left and right because it's very clearly a bigotted 90% white community that has absurd expectations for 18 year olds kids. Grew up in Omaha, lived in Lincoln for like 6 years now, and absolutely any kid with a brain would be smart to leave for Louiseville.
Never met you, but glad you left. I'm sure you're a real hit at parties.

I thought I'd heard the dumbest arguments possible on this board.... but then you showed up. You ever been to Kentucky doofus? It's not exactly Geneva, Switzerland.

Have you ever been to Louiseville? Have you ever been anywhere in Nebraska outside of Omaha and Lincoln? Its empty fields and casually racist religious nuts not exactly the most exciting thing for a kid from any place with reasonable thinking adults.

Have you ever been to Louiseville? Have you ever been anywhere in Nebraska outside of Omaha and Lincoln? Its empty fields and casually racist religious nuts not exactly the most exciting thing for a kid from any place with reasonable thinking adults.
Yes. I question how much you know about a city you can't spell. Any other feats of intelligence you plan to wow us with?

*Louisville
If your going to rant about how ignorant other people are, you might want to spell the name of the city correct.

*Their
Also might want to learn when to use there and when to use their.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
They all go to spelling because that's easier than admitting they live in an ignorant state you love to see it. Take Coach Frost out of your mouth before you keep it coming I imagine he can't taste great.
Ignorance:
1. Says Nebraska is racist, uses Kentucky as his favorable comparison. LOL WHAT??
2. Asks whether I've ever been to Louise Ville (who's she?).
3. Get's mad about spelling.
4. Goes uncomfortably homophobe about Frost as his winning argument.

You look dumber with every post.

Ignorance:
1. Says Nebraska is racist, uses Kentucky as his favorable comparison. LOL WHAT??
2. Asks whether I've ever been to Louise Ville (who's she?).
3. Get's mad about spelling.
4. Goes uncomfortably homophobe about Frost as his winning argument.

You look dumber with every post.
I wasn't going to answer but you put it in such a pretty nice list how can I not.

It's really simple. He realizes he's not going to see the field much, he realizes he (and maybe those around him) aren't getting better, so he is going to try to get better somewhere else. They're 14-22 over the last 3 years, how are the worse?
What their record be in the BIG?

"I'm not going to bother arguing with old husker fans" - while continuing to argue.

Btw, can you tell me where Louiseville is at? And a bit more about it? I have never been there.
It's not an argument as much as watching sad old men flail on the internet - decided I had time this afternoon

I think it confirms the fact the QB 'competition' is nothing but an outward farce, especially coupled with the fact Frost seems to have zero interest in bringing anyone else in to push his son (AM) to play better and/or get beat out.

anything else makes little sense.

Exactly....how many qbs have to be run off while AM is at Nebraska before people open their eyes to see whats going on?

Exactly....how many qbs have to be run off while AM is at Nebraska before people open their eyes to see whats going on?
I see what's going on.... we've had a bunch of very average qbs. The ones that were run off continued to be very average at their new schools. We all need to hope for someone better at the position because among AM, LM, TG, NV not a single one of them is a difference maker. Alternatively you can blame Frost and I won't argue, but in that case it doesn't matter who plays we're doomed.

And which of these QB’s that has been “run off” would make us better? Vedral and Gebbia were worse than AM this year and LM got a chance to start and shit the bed. If you think these guys are the answer it might be time to open your eyes. Backup QB’s leave to get a chance to play. We need an actual good QB. If we have that they will get the chance to take the job and run with it and AM will most likely be “run off”.

I see what's going on.... we've had a bunch of very average qbs. The ones that were run off continued to be very average at their new schools. We all need to hope for someone better at the position because among AM, LM, TG, NV not a single one of them is a difference maker. Alternatively you can blame Frost and I won't argue, but in that case it doesn't matter who plays we're doomed.

You beat me to it and said it better. Agree 💯

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT