ADVERTISEMENT

Lubick to Montana State?

Helfrich? I don't think he's coaching currently.

I'd fire Verduzco, hire Helfrich for OC/QB, Frost can coach WRs, and hire Carlos Polk for Special Teams.
Sounds good to me. Scott is a legit WR coach. I remember watching old film of UO when they were humming thinking 'damn these receivers block like savages, why didn't Scott hire that guys as receivers coach?' turns out he did. it was Scott coaching the Wideouts.

Helfrich? I don't think he's coaching currently.

I'd fire Verduzco, hire Helfrich for OC/QB, Frost can coach WRs, and hire Carlos Polk for Special Teams.
That would be great as long as he is allowed to be the OC. It’s pretty obvious who the real OC on the team is.

Also can we stop with the swing pass on first down that always goes for either negative yardage, a turnover, or our best case scenario since execution: no gain? Maybe just eliminate it from the playbook altogether since we can’t execute it effectively?

As an aside, anyone remember when Scott's brother claimed that Scott was an offensive genius calling plays and that there was nobody else as genius as him? Just goes to prove Scott's brother would have made a good politician. RollingLaugh

Reactions: icnu525
How does not calling plays in 1/4 games this season make SF a control freak?
The offense sucked most of the year. I gave the example of the offense having a pretty good flow against Purdue, yet Frost was calling the plays the next week against Minnesota. His ego could not allow someone to be better than him at getting the offense in a rhythm.

The offense sucked most of the year. I gave the example of the offense having a pretty good flow against Purdue, yet Frost was calling the plays the next week against Minnesota. His ego could not allow someone to be better than him at getting the offense in a rhythm.
How is it determined which coach called the plays in a given game?

ADVERTISEMENT