ADVERTISEMENT

Lubick PC

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
First and foremost, NU not providing audio for the questions is inexcusable. Lubick said stuff like: oh yeah that guy is fast has learned the playbook a lot better. WHAT GUY???

He said to complete long passes it is a team effort, the line has to block, the receivers have to run their routes, and the quarterback will then have confidence to make the throw. He failed to mention Part 4, the QB has to throw the ball where the receiver can catch it. He did mention later the long ball accuracy was better than last year.

It makes me nervous that he seemed to brag several times how much they have thrown at the players. I sort of hoped after three years of watching the Keystone Cops they would give the players a small playbook to start, like 30 plays and execute them over and over until they were mastered, then go from there. For instance, how about running the ZR again and again until the QB almost never hands it to the back who immediately gets buried by a LB when the edge is wide open. So many times last year the play was there, and the wrong decision was made.

Nobody had the cajones to mention Frost and Verduzco hinted that Lubick disappeared last summer and ask him where he went.

They can really say whatever, at this point in the program they should be developing a solid identity on offense and that should be evident on fall Saturdays
I don’t think that NU always provides sound or the questions and I don’t think that’s specific to this case with OC
Sometimes the throng of media ask some pretty idiotic things of the coaches and I don’t mind that those are edited out
Hadn’t heard about the sabbatical for Lubick but if he’s anything like a lot of Americans with jobs during the pandemic he may have disappeared for a while

Spring Ball has never provided meaningful information for fans as long as I've been following Husker football (including during the Osborne era). It's entertainment for fans because we're hungry for info. But you can never use Spring to predict how the Fall will actually be. I remember plenty of times Spring stars just seemed to disappear in the Fall and vice versa when Fall stars had very quiet Springs and were complete surprises.

So my advice is just enjoy and don't take things in Spring too seriously.

I do agree though, they need to provide microphones to the guys asking questions. Lack of passing around microphones though may have something to do with Covid precautions. But they could have an assistant repeat the questions into a microphone he/she was handling.

First and foremost, NU not providing audio for the questions is inexcusable. Lubick said stuff like: oh yeah that guy is fast has learned the playbook a lot better. WHAT GUY???

He said to complete long passes it is a team effort, the line has to block, the receivers have to run their routes, and the quarterback will then have confidence to make the throw. He failed to mention Part 4, the QB has to throw the ball where the receiver can catch it. He did mention later the long ball accuracy was better than last year.

It makes me nervous that he seemed to brag several times how much they have thrown at the players. I sort of hoped after three years of watching the Keystone Cops they would give the players a small playbook to start, like 30 plays and execute them over and over until they were mastered, then go from there. For instance, how about running the ZR again and again until the QB almost never hands it to the back who immediately gets buried by a LB when the edge is wide open. So many times last year the play was there, and the wrong decision was made.

Nobody had the cajones to mention Frost and Verduzco hinted that Lubick disappeared last summer and ask him where he went.
Not sure his disappearance during last summer (if it happened) made much of a difference because not much was going on during the Covid lockdown. Most likely he had some family things to attend to.

Give him a break. Maybe he had some work to do at the credit union.
He most likely didn't even have to work, even though he was paid. He was in the "University Relations " department, a job given to him because of his dad . A bank teller would know more about banking operations than Matt.

Reactions: Red I 73
So my advice is just enjoy and don't take things in Spring too seriously.
I agree of course, it is spring ball. But Chinander at least acknowledged last season sucked and said sometime his players need to know "what shoe size he wears". I felt better about a coach admitting they failed than Lubick standing up there like Little Lord Fauntleroy trying to convince us everything is wonderful.

They can really say whatever, at this point in the program they should be developing a solid identity on offense and that should be evident on fall Saturdays
I don’t think that NU always provides sound or the questions and I don’t think that’s specific to this case with OC
Sometimes the throng of media ask some pretty idiotic things of the coaches and I don’t mind that those are edited out
Hadn’t heard about the sabbatical for Lubick but if he’s anything like a lot of Americans with jobs during the pandemic he may have disappeared for a while
the shit audio is usually only on the Husker Online videos

Not true. He said AM was making the receivers look look good. He also said AM was a step faster and quicker.

You still don't get it. It's not that I don't like the guy, he could be a real nice guy and a gentleman for all I know, but he isn't qualified to be an OC for an elite program. Same goes with a lot of , not all, of the staff.

Let’s not sugar coat this, we all know damn well that SF is the real play caller just like Callahan was when he was the head coach..
Norvell just had the title just as Lubick holdes now..

You still don't get it. It's not that I don't like the guy, he could be a real nice guy and a gentleman for all I know, but he isn't qualified to be an OC for an elite program. Same goes with a lot of , not all, of the staff.
At this point in time, I'm not sure elite program and Nebraska go together. ;)

So, if he is a nice guy and a gentleman, you feel like it’s acceptable to belittle him in multiple threads. Starting a thread calling him a bank teller is very gentleman-like.

I would love nothing more than for there to be a message board that coaches post to all about stupid internet fans. You would have you’re own thread started by Lubick, I suspect, and it wouldn’t paint you in a very favorable light. I can see the title now: “Sanitation worker claims to have football knowledge.”

That would be awesome if the coaches had something like this.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and egaRdeR
So, if he is a nice guy and a gentleman, you feel like it’s acceptable to belittle him in multiple threads. Starting a thread calling him a bank teller is very gentleman-like.

I would love nothing more than for there to be a message board that coaches post to all about stupid internet fans. You would have you’re own thread started by Lubick, I suspect, and it wouldn’t paint you in a very favorable light. I can see the title now: “Sanitation worker claims to have football knowledge.”

I don't know the guy, he could be a real jerk for all i know, he isn't qualified IMO.

Just remember, the best fans in college football.

And I don’t know you either, you could be a real jerk (you certainly seem like an internet jerk), and you aren’t qualified to determine Lubick’s coaching chops IMO.
That's your opinion. If the North Dakota State staff coached Nebraska the last 3 years would the results be any different? I thiink they would be different and the NDSU staff would have won a few more games.

Reactions: Chuck003
And I don’t know you either, you could be a real jerk (you certainly seem like an internet jerk), and you aren’t qualified to determine Lubick’s coaching chops IMO.
two things:

1. if NU didn't come calling, I do not think Lubick has an OC position in FBS
2. if the offense isn't a lot better this year, he's gone and we'll be on our 3rd OC after 4 seasons

two things:

1. if NU didn't come calling, I do not think Lubick has an OC position in FBS
2. if the offense isn't a lot better this year, he's gone and we'll be on our 3rd OC after 4 seasons
Agree completely, which tells me the real problem is "higher up."

Lubick can go away tomorrow for all I care. But it would not give me confidence that anything about the NU offense would change for the better.

That's your opinion. If the North Dakota State staff coached Nebraska the last 3 years would the results be any different? I thiink they would be different and the NDSU staff would have won a few more games.
This whole board is about opinions. Who knows what would happen if NDSU coaching staff was here? And next year we may want to bring in the entire NDSU staff, for all I know... what I’m saying is the constant harping on Lubick because he was in a credit union 2 years ago isn’t a good look, IMO.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and arf_man
This whole board is about opinions. Who knows what would happen if NDSU coaching staff was here? And next year we may want to bring in the entire NDSU staff, for all I know... what I’m saying is the constant harping on Lubick because he was in a credit union 2 years ago isn’t a good look, IMO.
Funny how you think it doesn't look good for me and not for Frost.

Funny how you think it doesn't look good for me and not for Frost.
What does this even mean? Frost isn’t bagging on anyone for previous employment, to my knowledge...

Read my response to Rambo. If Frost doesn’t fix things, he’s gone. That’s a polite way to say it doesn’t look good for Frost. You should try it sometime.

It was reported that Lubick was trying to get a job somewhere else. He's not going to be sticking around here anyways.

Reactions: timnsun
It was reported that Lubick was trying to get a job somewhere else. He's not going to be sticking around here anyways.
If true, it must be a convenience store clerk job he’s looking for or something, because he obviously can’t coach football and doesn’t know as much as bank tellers.

Just sayin’.

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
If true, it must be a convenience store clerk job he’s looking for or something, because he obviously can’t coach football and doesn’t know as much as bank tellers.

Just sayin’.
I thought it was a head coaching job at Montana or some such thing.

I don't even really care what he knows or doesn't know.

He's the OC, and the Offense sucked last year. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

He's the OC, and the Offense sucked last year. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.
I don’t disagree, this is put up or shut up time. Last year we didn’t have spring ball at all, which certainly didn’t help... but there should be enough to see this fall that shows us his ability.

I wish you were making all the hiring and firing decisions around here. We’d be winning national championships in all sports, not just bowling.
You asked the board a question, I responded and gave my opinion. I noticed that you did not refute or otherwise dispute my opinion. I made no claim as to W-L but you could infer that a more disciplined system would have generated a better record. And, for the record, NDSU coaching staff would absolutely have elected to play in a bowl game.

You asked the board a question, I responded and gave my opinion. I noticed that you did not refute or otherwise dispute my opinion. I made no claim as to W-L but you could infer that a more disciplined system would have generated a better record. And, for the record, NDSU coaching staff would absolutely have elected to play in a bowl game.
My response was tongue in cheek.

It was Montana State, and he was in the running for the head coaching position in Jan/Feb, 2021.

Lubick has worked with Frost at Oregon (passing game coordinator when Frost was OC) and was the offensive co-coordinator at UDub. He is more than qualified for the position he holds.

Is he the most qualified coach we could find should be the question.

But I can’t blame him much. That damage had already been done by the time he stepped foot on campus. Between Frost getting worked over by almost ever Big Ten defensive coordinator and the serious lack of development from the QB’s...Lubick has a steep hill to climb. And he will likely be limited this upcoming year anyways. Offensive genius needs to get his swing pass quota in.

ADVERTISEMENT