ADVERTISEMENT

Lubick may be out the door

But he wasn't "working at a credit union." It was a corporate relations gig tied to the Credit Union's relationship with CSU. Not a whole lot different than getting paid to be a TV talking head for a year, then returning to coaching - which happens all the time.
Okay. Im sure he is a good coach. I do not like his pac-12 background. And I don’t think it’s too much to question why he wants to be head coach now. Why is he trying to get out now? It may be a simple answer of its his home in Montana. But it could be other reasons.

Okay. Im sure he is a good coach. I do not like his pac-12 background. And I don’t think it’s too much to question why he wants to be head coach now. Why is he trying to get out now? It may be a simple answer of its his home in Montana. But it could be other reasons.
I never said Lubick was a good coach. I'm less worried him leaving than I am about the nature of the OC job at Nebraska, and whether the job will attract good candidates. It's starting to look a lot like the task of being Bo Pelini's defensive coordinator.

could be that he is interested BECAUSE its Montana St, where his dad coached.

Assistant coaches want to be head coaches. I don't think it's much more complicated than that. Matt's been coaching for 25 years or so. If there's a head coaching opportunity, it doesn't make sense to wait around for a better offer. This might be his best shot. Good luck. Hope he gets it.

I never said Lubick was a good coach. I'm less worried him leaving than I am about the nature of the OC job at Nebraska, and whether the job will attract good candidates. It's starting to look a lot like the task of being Bo Pelini's defensive coordinator.

I think that's valid and a good comparison at this point. Although a lot of head coaches are calling their own plays (Dan Mullen, Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, Mike Leach, Lane Kiffen, Jeff Brohm, Mike Norvell).

It could be. It could also be other reasons. His dad only coached there 4 years
Matt also played college football at Western Montana. Yes, that's different than Montana State, so he's not looking at his alma mater, but he does have ties to that area in addition to his dad coaching up there.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Matt also played college football at Western Montana. Yes, that's different than Montana State, so he's not looking at his alma mater, but he does have ties to that area in addition to his dad coaching up there.
I’m just saying it’s a culmination of factors. Yes he is from there and his dad coached there. I also think he sees the face of the program leave and the future of the program leave so he might be trying to get out. Or he sees he can do better than what Frost does and wants to be a head coach? Or maybe Moos told frost you need to win the west and it got out at the football facilities and now the players are coming out in public support. And lubick feels the hot seat and is looking to get job security being a head coach.

Bo also hired some pretty weak coaches, especially when he was first hired. Eckler and Papuchis were both GA's, before he hired them as full-time assistants. Carl had two years experience as DL Coach at Ohio. Later he hired Rich Fisher who was a High School coach and a golf pro.
Ekeler did a good job while here and went on to coach at other big time schools. Carl and Fisher both did pretty well too. Papuchis was probably the biggest disappointment of that group, at least as DC.

It could be. It could also be other reasons. His dad only coached there 4 years
Most of Lubick's youth was spent in mountain states. Have you ever seen MTSU's campus in Bozeman? My God. That's a beautiful place with unbelievable hiking, rafting, skiing, and fishing minutes from your house. I would move there in a heartbeat.

Ekeler did a good job while here and went on to coach at other big time schools. Carl and Fisher both did pretty well too. Papuchis was probably the biggest disappointment of that group, at least as DC.
The best half of football I saw our defense play was when they took Bo to the hospital at halftime because he drank too much Redbull. Papuchis called that half of defense. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Reactions: Chuck003
I'm not a big Lubick fan, but this credit union job that people love to make fun of was a helluva sweet gig. I make a very good living, but I would take that job tomorrow if it was offered to me.
lots of golf and cocktail parties.... Great work if you can get it.

Most of Lubick's youth was spent in mountain states. Have you ever seen MTSU's campus in Bozeman? My God. That's a beautiful place with unbelievable hiking, rafting, skiing, and fishing minutes from your house. I would move there in a heartbeat.
I like sports. So none of that sounds good. Lol.

Helfrich is a QB coach. He has alot more experience with it than Frost. I say have Helfrich be QB coach/OC and Frost can help game plan and run the Special teams.

Why would Helfrich be interested in an OC/QB coaching gig here? wouldnt he be interested in a head coaching job? i mean he probably thinks of Scott Lost as "junior".

Why would Helfrich be interested in an OC/QB coaching gig here? wouldnt he be interested in a head coaching job? i mean he probably thinks of Scott Lost as "junior".

He had some prolific offense working with Coach Frost. And wasn’t near as successful after “junior” left. Also not sure why someone wouldn’t work with someone they have had success with in the past, doesn’t make a bit of sense to me.

Yeah I doubt he’s interested in joining a sinking ship at this point in his career. I don’t think Lubick is going anywhere but I’m not sure it matters. Frost will continue to control the offense regardless which is a recipe for continued disasters.

Plus lubick has been a mystery to the fans on what he actually does.
AjPtOO6-Imgur.gif

Reactions: SomedayHusker
More to do in Lincoln. Champion Fun Center, Holmes lake, the state Capital. If you are feeling real adventurous, you can brave the ten- foot hill at Pioneers Park and sled down it on a tube. Why would he leave?

Reactions: NebChicago
More to do in Lincoln. Champion Fun Center, Holmes lake, the state Capital. If you are feeling real adventurous, you can brave the ten- foot hill at Pioneers Park and sled down it on a tube. Why would he leave?
Have you been to Lincoln in the last 20 years?

Kid, you need to grow up

Lived here 50 plus years. Not sure why, other than the low crime rate.
It's not a bad place to call home base if you have the money and freedom to do as you please. I've been all around, but I never quite feel the same "at ease" if you will that I do here. Things here are cheap, not too crowded although getting there, traffic is never unbearable either. If you are a young workingman, it sucks ass.

My son attends MTSU. Bozeman is amazing - all the outdoor activities of Colorado minus a few million people. Lubick might want to check Bozeman housing prices though before he agrees to a big pay cut to go there. When he grew up there, prices were probably about like Lincoln's, now they are on par with Denver.

I traveled to Bozeman a few times for work - it's the most beautiful place I've ever been to. Bozeman is basically flat, has rivers/streams running-through it, and is surrounded 360 by mountains.

My son attends MTSU. Bozeman is amazing - all the outdoor activities of Colorado minus a few million people. Lubick might want to check Bozeman housing prices though before he agrees to a big pay cut to go there. When he grew up there, prices were probably about like Lincoln's, now they are on par with Denver.
He probably has plenty of money. i would give up a lot of money to live in the right place.

Fleeing Caliunicornians are driving up housing prices all over the west from Idaho to Wyoming. Unfortunately they're largely bringing the same deluded ideas with them that ruined California.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT