ADVERTISEMENT

Lubick may be out the door

Seems about right, the 2020 Nebraska offense was poetry in motion...
More like...
SharpCanineGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Isn't FCS playing this spring, starting next month? So he'd coach them literally right away? Could McCaffrey transfer there and play in the spring again, or how would that work?

Isn't FCS playing this spring, starting next month? So he'd coach them literally right away? Could McCaffrey transfer there and play in the spring again, or how would that work?
If McCaffrey plays a spring season, come fall he would have to be the most experienced freshman in the history of college football.

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
After this season I feel we don't have high quality assistant coaches.

Our assistant coaches go to FCS schools while other big boy program assistant coaches go to other big boy FBS schools.

While I despised Pelini at least he had some high quality assistant coaches (Raymond, Joseph, Warren, Tim Beck, etc).

Our assistant coaches go to FCS schools while other big boy program assistant coaches go to other big boy FBS schools.

While I despised Pelini at least he had some high quality assistant coaches (Raymond, Joseph, Warren, Tim Beck, etc).
Dewitt went to North Carolina and they were top 20

Bo also hired some pretty weak coaches, especially when he was first hired. Eckler and Papuchis were both GA's, before he hired them as full-time assistants. Carl had two years experience as DL Coach at Ohio. Later he hired Rich Fisher who was a High School coach and a golf pro.

if he wants to be a head coach, he should take the job

I don't know what difference he's made here, and he never stays in one place for long

I heard on the radio this morning he'd be taking a 50% pay cut. That's a lot of $$$ to gamble on his future.

I heard on the radio this morning he'd be taking a 50% pay cut. That's a lot of $$$ to gamble on his future.
Depends how you look at it? Gotta be a pretty big pay raise from credit union right? Plus he just lost the future of the program and the face of the program so he might be looking to jump
Ship

Depends how you look at it? Gotta be a pretty big pay raise from credit union right? Plus he just lost the future of the program and the face of the program so he might be looking to jump
Ship
You just love using that don’t you? Since Frost said it, he must have meant it and truly believed it in his heart, huh? There’s no way it could have been just hyperbole?

IMO it would be pretty damning if the OC took a lower paying job at an FCS program instead of returning to NU for 2021. I'm not on board the panic train because some guy's names are getting mentioned in association with jobs, but that one would make me real curious.

IMO it would be pretty damning if the OC took a lower paying job at an FCS program instead of returning to NU for 2021. I'm not on board the panic train because some guy's names are getting mentioned in association with jobs, but that one would make me real curious.

Not sure why this would move the needle at all. If he wants to go be a head coach more power to him. Isn’t this a coach everyone was complaining about?

Depends how you look at it? Gotta be a pretty big pay raise from credit union right? Plus he just lost the future of the program and the face of the program so he might be looking to jump ship
I'm not a big Lubick fan, but this credit union job that people love to make fun of was a helluva sweet gig. I make a very good living, but I would take that job tomorrow if it was offered to me.

I'm not a big Lubick fan, but this credit union job that people love to make fun of was a helluva sweet gig. I make a very good living, but I would take that job tomorrow if it was offered to me.
I’m sure it was a sweet job. But you don’t often see a guy go from working at a credit union to offensive coordinator at Nebraska in 1 year. Plus lubick has been a mystery to the fans on what he actually does.

Reactions: Gonzobadger
I’m sure it was a sweet job. But you don’t often see a guy go from working at a credit union to offensive coordinator at Nebraska in 1 year. Plus lubick has been a mystery to the fans on what he actually does.
This is what makes me pull my hair out. It isn’t like he was out of coaching for 10 years, or even 5 years... he coached football from 1995-2018, had this sweet job for a year, then back into coaching. And this isn’t his first P5 gig as an offensive coordinator either.

Did he forget everything he learned from 95-2018?

But he wasn't "working at a credit union." It was a corporate relations gig tied to the credit union's relationship with CSU. Not a whole lot different than getting paid to be a TV talking head for a year, then returning to coaching - which happens all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT