ADVERTISEMENT

LSU's passing game coordinator Brady back to the NFL to be OC for Panthers.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I figured he would get a new job and huge pay raise. He's getting while the getting is good.

Reactions: WHCSC
It would have to be a huge raise, I can't see why you would leave LSU for any other reason.

Ed basically has a lifetime contract now...Which means so do his assistant coaches.

Im betting all assistants will get significant raises and rightfully so.

I Heard he already received a raise before the National Title game from LSU...

Carolina must have offered him something a lot better..

I Heard he already received a raise before the National Title game from LSU...

Carolina must have offered him something a lot better..

I would think that the big thing would be the longer contract and starting to put that NFL pension on the clock.

It would have to be a huge raise, I can't see why you would leave LSU for any other reason.

Ed basically has a lifetime contract now...Which means so do his assistant coaches.

Yikes!!! Have you learned nothing from the SEC??? They chew up coaches and spit em out....remember Les Miles? Phil Fulmer, just to name a few, Chizek, that conference eats their children.

He gets to coach the same sport at the highest level and doesn’t have to spend half of his time sucking up to teenagers. Money is probably pretty close but that’s a no brainer unless you love recruiting. He just helped orchestrate possibly the best offense in college football history, his stock will never be higher and he will be able to return to college no matter what he does in the nfl.

Yikes!!! Have you learned nothing from the SEC??? They chew up coaches and spit em out....remember Les Miles? Phil Fulmer, just to name a few, Chizek, that conference eats their children.

Sure, they spit them out...but they are all going to get nice contracts so they will still get paid.

Ed will probably get a 7-10 year deal out of this.
I am sure he could have got Brady a nice 5-6 year asst deal.

Remember...every coaches dream...is to get paid to not work. :)

When he loses the next 5 or 6 in a row to Alabama the pitchforks will be out in full force.

Reactions: TheBeav815
When he loses the next 5 or 6 in a row to Alabama the pitchforks will be out in full force.
Yep, LSU is the same school that won a title under Les Miles and then ran him out of town a while later.

Great point about Fulmer at UT as well. I also remember the pressure on Bowden and Paterno to retire and people saying that the game had passed them by.

My dad's old go-to joke about loyalty to coaches is, "We're with ya, Coach, win or tie!"

For sure! But...he is going to have a contract that gets a year added on at the end of each season...so in 5 years (if he sucks) and gets canned...his contract will still be running through 2030!

I understand but Joe Brady isn’t learning anything from anybody in Baton Rouge. He would get to learn under Frost and possibly Helfrich as an analyst. Tell him give us 2 years and go do whatever you want.

damn -- seems like a very short sighted decision by Brady to take the Panthers position given the above possibility

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Brady gets out while he's on top, smart move. He's a legend in Louisiana for his one season at LSU, transforming the offense and winning a title in dominating fashion. Get a big pay raise, get an offensive coordinator job in the NFL at age 30 and set yourself up for a very successful coaching career.

"He gets to coach the same sport at the highest level and doesn’t have to spend half of his time sucking up to teenagers."

OC in the nfl has it made. Until his quarterback becomes a star. Then he might be sucking up to one guy - over and over. His quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT