ADVERTISEMENT

LSE with 3 future Huskers can't beat Prep? Something is wrong with that.....

GenevaWildcats

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 23, 2002
Not good that a team with 3 future Huskers get's blown out by an average Creighton Prep team. How can we offer kids like Applegate and Tuioti from Lincoln Southeast but not a kid like Gage Stenger from Millard South? Stenger is a stud. Saw him play tonight and came away very impressed. He lead his team to a win over Bellevue West. I also saw Husker commit Hausmann play Week 1 this year and was not impressed at all. From what I saw it would be a no-brainer to take Stenger at LB over Hausmann. I know everyone will bash me saying you trust the Husker coaches more than me but go out and see these kids play for yourself and please post your opinions. If our coaches can't evaluate talent in our own state then that is very scary for the future of the program.

Same thing was said about HH vs the Westside QB and then after the spring game, no one said that any more.
HH was 9-23 with an INT plus a TD that Frost gave him on a bonus play. It is true that a few are looking to him as the future, but that is more from faith than facts. Meanwhile, Cole Payton is at a school that has produced Easton Stick, Carson Wentz, and Trey Lance.

HH was 9-23 with an INT plus a TD that Frost gave him on a bonus play. It is true that a few are looking to him as the future, but that is more from faith than facts. Meanwhile, Cole Payton is at a school that has produced Easton Stick, Carson Wentz, and Trey Lance.

Was more about projection than the stats. Guy clearly has some serious arm talent.

I’m not impressed with what I’ve seen of Hausmann as well. Looks slow and lethargic.

Not good that a team with 3 future Huskers get's blown out by an average Creighton Prep team. How can we offer kids like Applegate and Tuioti from Lincoln Southeast but not a kid like Gage Stenger from Millard South? Stenger is a stud. Saw him play tonight and came away very impressed. He lead his team to a win over Bellevue West. I also saw Husker commit Hausmann play Week 1 this year and was not impressed at all. From what I saw it would be a no-brainer to take Stenger at LB over Hausmann. I know everyone will bash me saying you trust the Husker coaches more than me but go out and see these kids play for yourself and please post your opinions. If our coaches can't evaluate talent in our own state then that is very scary for the future of the program.

Recruiting in-state is not what it used to be. Omaha is changing rapidly and we haven’t made a bowl game in 5 years. Regardless, Nebraska wasn’t going to recruit him as a LB; Stenger was recruited and committed as an Athlete to KState. Who knows what position he’ll play but he’ll do fine for Kliemann.

If there’s one high-profile kid that Nebraska needs to land in-state the next couple of years, it’s Daniel Kaelin.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

And Millard North with a Heisman Trophy starting backfield couldn't beat Papillion-LaVista in the playoffs so what? It's a team sport. Like what I've seen from Appleget and Tuioti is an underclassmen if I'm not mistaken.

In year four - Scott Frost coached teams lose 2 out of every 3 games they play. Nothing is shocking regarding him as a coach anymore.

Have not watched Hausman in person but have info from someone who has been around him that it will be a wasted scholarship. Kid quit on his basketball team mid season last year to “focus” on fb, red flag for me, finish what you start regardless of record.

Last edited:
I’m not impressed with what I’ve seen of Hausmann as well. Looks slow and lethargic.
I remember playing against Kim Baker and Jeff Quinn back in the day. Neither guy impressed me at all our senior year. Baker was big and seemed slow to me. Baker turned in to an All Big 8 linebacker and Quinn a damned good QB at NU. We beat both of their teams easily without any guys who played D-1 football.

Tuioti and Applegate have other P5 offers. In fact Tuioti has offers from Cal, Ole Miss, Washington, Washington State, etc. The fact that their HS team lost a game doesn't mean they aren't talented. Hell, Bell West lost to Kearney in the playoffs last year, does that mean all those Bell West kids shouldn't have been offered?

Haarberg showed more moxie in his game winning drive in the spring game than AM has in 3+ years combined

Cole Payton would be starting if we’d offered him earlier

I respect the hell out of him for telling Frost to piss off the day after he won the state title

HH may be raw, but you can see that he has a super high ceiling. I can't imagine any good Nebraska fan that would not be excited about that kids future, and to mock or make fun of that, seems pretty off color to me.

I have to admit I was extremely impressed by his Jr clips. But I also must admit I was extremely disappointed by the clips just recently posted. Didn't even look like the same guy honestly. Has something changed?

Holla
I believe He moved inside from olb. Probably still a bit slow especially in run fits.

Got to watch Maverick Noonan play last night. Was dominant at times, but against a rather lukewarm Lincoln SW team, so hard to judge.

Recruiting in-state is not what it used to be. Omaha is changing rapidly and we haven’t made a bowl game in 5 years. Regardless, Nebraska wasn’t going to recruit him as a LB; Stenger was recruited and committed as an Athlete to KState. Who knows what position he’ll play but he’ll do fine for Kliemann.

If there’s one high-profile kid that Nebraska needs to land in-state the next couple of years, it’s Daniel Kaelin.
Reason LSE didn’t beat Prep is bc overall players / coaches / teams are better in Omaha than Lincoln. Omaha is like the big brother always making Lincoln their little b..tch

I remember playing against Kim Baker and Jeff Quinn back in the day. Neither guy impressed me at all our senior year. Baker was big and seemed slow to me. Baker turned in to an All Big 8 linebacker and Quinn a damned good QB at NU. We beat both of their teams easily without any guys who played D-1 football.
Burke had three NFL players on the roster one year and didn’t win the Metro conference. Barney Cotton, George Andrews and Rod Kush couldn’t bring home the trophy.

Burke had three NFL players on the roster one year and didn’t win the Metro conference. Barney Cotton, George Andrews and Rod Kush couldn’t bring home the trophy.
My uncle played on those Burke teams as well. When I was just a Tuquito, I went to multiple cookouts at his house where Andrews, Kush and Tim Wurth, another Burke grad that played at Nebraska, where in attendance

Reactions: dinglefritz
My uncle played on those Burke teams as well. When I was just a Tuquito, I went to multiple cookouts at his house where Andrews, Kush and Tim Wurth, another Burke grad that played at Nebraska, where in attendance
Ahh Tim Wurth. The Mighty Mite. He was in a few of my classes in college. Built like a brick sh##house.

There are a lot of similar stories out there. Several guys will tell you how well they did against Rich King back in the day or that Jay Moore, the Kelsays, Weigerts didn't do much against their teams. The list goes on. And all of those guys played well at Nebraska and played pro ball. A lot of times it comes down to seeing future potential in a kid and not so much the here and now.

Edit: I should add that those football players I listed where actually excellent multisport athletes in HS. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking their HS achievements.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Tuioti and Applegate have other P5 offers. In fact Tuioti has offers from Cal, Ole Miss, Washington, Washington State, etc. The fact that their HS team lost a game doesn't mean they aren't talented. Hell, Bell West lost to Kearney in the playoffs last year, does that mean all those Bell West kids shouldn't have been offered?
And Creighton Prep is a good team. Sam Sledge is a lot to deal with.

Reactions: headcard
I have to admit I was extremely impressed by his Jr clips. But I also must admit I was extremely disappointed by the clips just recently posted. Didn't even look like the same guy honestly. Has something changed?

Holla
Who knows. He might be sick. Might be dinged up. Might have had a rough week of school. They're in high school. Some forget what that was like. There's a lot going on in a kid's life at that age.

ADVERTISEMENT