ADVERTISEMENT

Love me a Saturday commit

Welcome aboard Mr Stille
https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Ben-Stille-170446 :)
CHaroZfUcAABWYR.jpg

Good looking player, think he'll be a solid DE for us. Good athlete and the class B 220 pound state champion wrestler. Only listed #3 on Rivals in-state list but the guy I wanted most. I think he has a more clear position than Fant.

I don't know how many kids from Nebraska we should offer every year, but I think there's strong evidence the last staff didn't recruit enough local talent. I am glad to see a renewed emphasis on finding Nebraskans who are good enough to compete on elite teams, I could end up being wrong, but I think the local offers this staff has made so far have been to players of that caliber.

Reactions: WC_'sker and Husk10
I don't know how many kids from Nebraska we should offer every year, but I think there's strong evidence the last staff didn't recruit enough local talent. I am glad to see a renewed emphasis on finding Nebraskans who are good enough to compete on elite teams, I could end up being wrong, but I think the local offers this staff has made so far have been to players of that caliber.

I don`t think you are wrong at all.

It's not that Bo avoided in state kids, he just took a lot of the wrong ones and like a many of. His mistakes, he let inefficiency and lack of due diligence hurt the efforts.

Bill Callahan neglected the state and it left a poor taste in everyone's mouth. Bo heard this when he arrived and overreacted without taking time to properly evaluate the state.

At the same time as Bo's arrival, there was a lull in the talent level in Nebraska. Without proper due diligence, Bo hastily offered some questionable Nebraska kids, most of which never saw the field.

Because Bo always overreacted, he then took it the other direction. Whether unwritten or just implied, Bo then basically self imposed a limit on in state recruits. It never should've been a situation where you choose between Sam Cotton or Drew Ott. A kid like Harrison Phillips should never end up at Stanford because you don't have room. And a 6'3 300 lb kid like Bazata should never be allowed to leave your state for another Big Ten program when your DT depth is non existent.

Stille is a great kid. Very smart, hard worker, has great hand placement for a DE. If your excited for Stille wait till you see Ashland/Greenwood other DE Kitrell (soph or Jr to be) I will tell you both Stille & Kitrell will be playing meaningful snaps at Nebraska.

Glad to see this. Unless your class is just tiny and you're gonna land a bunch of 4 and 5 stars, it should be a given that NU is trying like hell to land every 3* and up in-state kid. It's embarrassing to have your best guys going to Iowa, Ohio and Dakota FCS teams because they feel like NU doesn't want them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT