ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville WR coaching leaving for Kentucky?

He hasn't signed, he could switch. But its probably not an issue if they couldn't wait 2 days to announce.

Come on... You really think its about who the WR coach is? Its about the $$$. NU couldn't match, so he's going to Louisville. It honestly wouldn't matter if Farmer Fran was going to be their new WR coach.

Louisville's OC Garrick McGee was Dez's lead recruiter. He's still solid to Louisville.

I don't get this decision. We have 91k at all our games, Louisville holds 55k and only sells out the big games. We play Michigan, Michigan st, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, Wisconsin... Louisville is in the ACC and the only real football schools they play are Florida State and Clemson. He goes to play for a coach who has proven nothing and a basketball school instead of a football school?
He's been a silent commit for us for weeks and all of a sudden a last minute weekend trip to a school he had already seen and backed out of changes his mind? He commits day after visit off of an emotional high and being sold to and right after we find out their WR coach is leaving and our WR coach got the biggest raise in the country and is tied for the highest paid WR coach who isn't a coordinator? Plus his former players now in the NFL come back to workout with him and Keyshawn Johnson Jr wouldn't send his kid anywhere else.
Come on man... Don't drink the cool aid, it's poisoned and Louisville is Lying to ya. They're recruiting you knowing your coach is leaving...

I don't get this decision. We have 91k at all our games, Louisville holds 55k and only sells out the big games. We play Michigan, Michigan st, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, Wisconsin... Louisville is in the ACC and the only real football schools they play are Florida State and Clemson. He goes to play for a coach who has proven nothing and a basketball school instead of a football school?
He's been a silent commit for us for weeks and all of a sudden a last minute weekend trip to a school he had already seen and backed out of changes his mind? He commits day after visit off of an emotional high and being sold to and right after we find out their WR coach is leaving and our WR coach got the biggest raise in the country and is tied for the highest paid WR coach who isn't a coordinator? Plus his former players now in the NFL come back to workout with him and Keyshawn Johnson Jr wouldn't send his kid anywhere else.
Come on man... Don't drink the cool aid, it's poisoned and Louisville is Lying to ya. They're recruiting you knowing your coach is leaving...
Neb doesnt play all those teams every year.
They play in the weak division
Their football team has been very successful arguably bigger games than neb
No history of wr s at neb
Flashy offense at ul
Reasons to go to either school but for wr im not surprised one would pick ul

Flashy offense at ul

kevin-hart-o.gif

Reactions: huskerssalts
Come on... You really think its about who the WR coach is? Its about the $$$. NU couldn't match, so he's going to Louisville. It honestly wouldn't matter if Farmer Fran was going to be their new WR coach.
Louisville only has $$$ for basketball players. I think Petrino sold Fitz on being their #1 receiver. He can honestly sell his history of WRs. That's about the only thing honest about Petrino.

Flashy offense at ul
What team are you a fan of? I know this has been asked, but I don't believe you have answered. TIA

Reactions: huskerssalts
maybe Fitz has been on this board and questioned why he should go to Neb as a WR when damn near the entire fanbase goes apesh*t anytime a forward pass is attempted

<joking .... kind of :)>

Reactions: Soda Popinski
Flashy offense at ul

No reason to undersell Nebraska... Comparing Louisville to Nebraska based on merit, and seeing Louisville coming out ahead is laughable, no matter the position (not to mention it doesn't take an expert to notice, wr will be used extensively in the future and has been last year). They (louisville) will never been known for their football... ever. Every year 4 star recruits pick lesser schools when they have bigger and better opportunities available. I'm not going to get into all the possible reasons because it becomes a little trivial, but it is clear he has no aspirations to win championships. You don't pick Louisville to be a champion and that statement alone should ease peoples feelings over losing this recruit. We need players with a passion for winning if we ever hope to get back where we were. Dez was not going to help us get there.

Reactions: huntered
Yep, another post where yorocco knocks the Huskers or under sells us like we are some crap team. Yesterday is when I and another Huskers poster took notice when you didn't see why we'd want Lamar Jackson for some stupid reason, then you had a few other knocks. I think dude above on this thread may have the correct idea, your not an actual Huskers fan. Brotha you been caught red handed. If anyone else wants to investigate, go to his profile and check out his posts and replies. He indeed is negative towards the Huskers and almost every recruit we get and never has anything positive towards our Huskers. And if I'm wrong and you just that unhappy with everything our Huskers do and every recruit we get or go after, then you must have some depression issues. I do know a councillor or 2.....holla

Flashy offense at ul
SMH. Seriously.

So I would like to know louisville's history of bigger games.

WR at Nebraska has been not the strongest but in large part because of our running game throughout the years. You want to talk wide receivers, look at what Oregon State did under Riley... I think 2 Biletnekoff winners... Brandin Cooks and Mike Hass. Also Markus Wheaton is an OSU alum. This offense produces wide receivers.

Flashy offense vs pro style offense. Both produce NFL receivers.

This ought to be good.

Card fan here...

As it is reported here we were set to fire Lamar Thomas after NSD. He was brought in to continue our pipeline to FL...he has not done that. In fact, he did not recruit Dez.

As far as UofL only has $$$ for hoops....UofL is set to crack the top 5 in athletic budgets, surpassing Notre Dame and the $100 mill/year mark....larger than Nebraska's.

Not throwing daggers...just facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT