ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Job

I heard that this morning, and thought the same thing. Radio guys said some at Purdue don’t like Brohm’s office, and it’s more of a lateral move??

I just don’t ever see Purdue ever making any serious noise in the B10 going forward. Acc seems to be more wide open, Clemson can’t hang on forever.

Reactions: jcsiebert
Big Ten isn't getting any easier with USC/UCLA coming in. Seems like the timing is right.

Satterfield was on the hot seat this year at Louisville but bounced back and won some games. Now he gets a fresh start at Cincy. Smart move by him.

So much will depend on the schedules, after 2023. Clearly the Big Ten will keep the Ohio St/ Michigan game, other rivalries will remain intact too but without divisions, a team could get lucky and avoid the big dogs, or get screwed and get 4 of them or more. Without a calculated scheduling effort by the league, the lack of divisions could actually hurt the conference when it comes to post season.

Other than its his alma mater which could be attractive to him, I think he'd want to stay in the B1G. B1G > ACC. More stable, more bucks, more prestige.

So much will depend on the schedules, after 2023. Clearly the Big Ten will keep the Ohio St/ Michigan game, other rivalries will remain intact too but without divisions, a team could get lucky and avoid the big dogs, or get screwed and get 4 of them or more. Without a calculated scheduling effort by the league, the lack of divisions could actually hurt the conference when it comes to post season.
I'm thinking there might more than one rivalry game kept intact for each school. Michigan, for example, is not going to give up playing both Michigan State and Ohio State each and every year.

Other than its his alma mater which could be attractive to him, I think he'd want to stay in the B1G. B1G > ACC. More stable, more bucks, more prestige.
Harder to win at Purdue, especially going forward. He isn't leaving unless Louisville pays him more, so money won't be a thing. Winning in the ACC and getting to 10 wins is easier as compared to winning in the Big Ten and getting to 10 wins, no comparison.

I'm thinking there might more than one rivalry game kept intact for each school. Michigan, for example, is not going to give up playing both Michigan State and Ohio State each and every year.
I'm sure. But look at the number of trophy games in the league. You aren't keeping them all intact. In order to do that you would have to keep the divisions.

We all know what we'll get. 😏

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Have heard husker radio guys acknowledge Purdue facilities are a shithole
I mean, that's just false. 75 mil training facilities built when Brohm got there. Nutrition building being built now. Stadium is starting phase 1 of a 100 mil renovation. Three practice fields, one indoor, one outdoor turfgrass, and one outdoor fake crap.

Only reason Brohm is leaving is to go home. Purdue could have paid him way more than he got. The rumors of him going home have been haunting this program for 2 years.

I mean, that's just false. 75 mil training facilities built when Brohm got there. Nutrition building being built now. Stadium is starting phase 1 of a 100 mil renovation. Three practice fields, one indoor, one outdoor turfgrass, and one outdoor fake crap.

Only reason Brohm is leaving is to go home. Purdue could have paid him way more than he got. The rumors of him going home have been haunting this program for 2 years.
Former player talks all the time on radio about what a shitbox Purdue and west lafayette is. Jeremiah Sirles, take it up with him.

I'm sure. But look at the number of trophy games in the league. You aren't keeping them all intact. In order to do that you would have to keep the divisions.
You can keep the trophy games IMO without the schools playing every year. They'll still play once in a while.

Former player talks all the time on radio about what a shitbox Purdue and west lafayette is. Jeremiah Sirles, take it up with him.
What's wrong with it? What's his reasoning? Since he hasn't played since 2013, I'm guessing his opinion is outdated. Or he hasn't paid attention to the 200 mil that has and is going into football and the 2.2 billion going into campus.

You can keep the trophy games IMO without the schools playing every year. They'll still play once in a while.
, Sure you can keep the trophy games and not play them every year, but my point was that those schools are going to want to keep those games protected they have been playing annually for 100 years.

What's wrong with it? What's his reasoning? Since he hasn't played since 2013, I'm guessing his opinion is outdated. Or he hasn't paid attention to the 200 mil that has and is going into football and the 2.2 billion going into campus.
he's a big dumb meathead offering his opinion

many on this board believe big dumb meatheads on the radio are authoring the Bible live on air

Update on Brohm: It's being reported by some sources that he's leaving Purdue for a 6 year $35 million contract with Louisville. Evidently an easier schedule in the ACC and returning to his alma mater won out.

Reactions: headcard
I truthfully think this is an opportunity for Purdue to continue to take the next step. Consistent 7-9 wins. I think Brohm had his issues still, and they lingered heavily over the past 2 years.
While I admire your positive outlook, think the next coach is going to have a very heavy lift getting Purdue to that consistent win total. JB using a very specific offensive philosophy isn’t going to be easy for the next guy to retool. Losing 6 yr QB as well as Chuck would have been even difficult for JB to overcome in ‘23. Good luck!

Reactions: BleedRed78
While I admire your positive outlook, think the next coach is going to have a very heavy lift getting Purdue to that consistent win total. JB using a very specific offensive philosophy isn’t going to be easy for the next guy to retool. Losing 6 yr QB as well as Chuck would have been even difficult for JB to overcome in ‘23. Good luck!
2023 was going to be a rebuild, needing to replace a ton of guys. What helped was trench play seemed like it was going to be fine. Purdue has to keep Mark Hagen in my opinion. He's building a monster of a Dline. Be nice to not have DC hot potato though. Brohm had his downfalls. But he also did the unimaginable at Purdue and completely rebuild that program from small high school level to big ten competent. I'd think it would be an attractive job for a multitude of reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT