Louisiana

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by jive69, Aug 2, 2020.

1. jive69

jive69 Newbie
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Can anybody on the board tell me who recruits Louisiana for us? Why are we not recruiting the state harder? Looking through the offer list, we dont offer alot of kids down there. LSU isn't an excuse either cause we recruit AL athletes all the time

2. Dean Pope

Dean Pope Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

I think it comes down to going places the staff is familiar with and believes they can be successful in pulling in quality kids. If you spend more time in Louisiana, you are going to have to spend less time somewhere else. The question would be where to spend less time?

kakdawg, huskerfan1414 and saluno22 like this.
  3. ThereIsNoPlace

Expand Collapse

I'd rather them spend more time in Georgia....or at least stop in Atlanta on the way to N'awlins.

4. skull N crossbones

Expand Collapse

Louisiana is a tough place to recruit. Th SEC recruits it hard along with Texas schools. So very tough to pull top kids out. So now your looking for underrated kids or academic risks.

I think we all remember how Pelini did recruiting there and he and his staff supposedly had contacts from their time at LSU. I would have to look it up but there was Stanley who obviously was a hit. Alonzo Moore played. I think there were 6 to 8 more who never did anything.

Beckton has ties to Georgia and Chins has ties to Alabama. At this point I would rather stick to that since we seem to be doing pretty good on underrated recruits out of Alabama.

huskerfan1414 and saluno22 like this.
  5. skull N crossbones

Expand Collapse

Just went back and looked. I forgot about Cethan Carter as a hit. I think I counted 10 recruits from Louisiana.

Personally, I would spend more time in Phoenix and California. Your basically only going head to head with PAC 12 only it's a really elite recruit. The SEC, ACC, Big 10 and for the most part Big 12 aren't out there much going after 3 stars.

6. huskerfan1414

huskerfan1414 Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

You have to pick and choose.
    I’m sure we do some Lousiana cruitin but Georgia is the hotbed.

7. phoenix4nu

phoenix4nu First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Phoenix for sure. And we need to get more out of Missouri and New Jersey. Frost hasn't signed any players from Missouri in his three recruiting classes.

8. jive69

jive69 Newbie
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That has been a proven hot bed, the entire Power 5 recruits St. Louis. Ryan Held should kill in that region, a recruiting challenge.

9. drubendall

drubendall Walk On
    Expand Collapse

A high percentage of our recent Louisiana signees have washed out. Crazy good talent there, but not worth a ton of focus.

jeans15 likes this.