ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of rumors today

Well ...my guess is Hoiberg has already signed his contract.....Bill Moos is 67 or 68 now and maybe he is ready to retire......as far as this wild scenario goes.....I think it would be beneficial for Nebraska...Scott Frost would approve it since he and John Cook are buddies. Tamas is a good VB coach....and I do think John Cook appears like he would be a good athletic Director.

But of course this could all be just a fantasy as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1954 and red-one21
Well ...my guess is Hoiberg has already sign his contract.....Bill Moos is 67 or 68 now and maybe he is ready to retire......as far as this wild scenario goes.....I think it would be beneficially for Nebraska...Scott Frost would approve it since he and John Cook are buddies. Tamas is a good VB coach....and I do think John Cook appears like he would be a good athletic Director.

But of course this good all be just a fantasy as well.

It "COULD" be a fantasy????????????????? So you're saying there's a chance, Lloyd?

Reactions: Dadmaster
why on earth would Moos be forced out?

and I'm glad people can give me 1 name (Devaney) in the past 100 years of coaches who've become successful ADs

TO- not successful. sorry.

Moos is an elite administrator and if he's forced out (again, I cannot think of one single reason for this), it's an indictment on a marshmallow soft fanbase that's fallen so far it wouldn't know success if it slapped them in the face.

Barry Alvarez

Moose has said publicly on the radio he was going to put up his condo for sale so he and his wife could buy a bigger place so they could do more entertaining.

As far as everything else I have no idea.
this sound logical and plausible

IMO, broyles had his nose in football way too much and in that respect was not successful from what I remember my impressions of him at that time

That may very well be, but I would say his hiring of Nolan Richardson in basketball and Dave Van Horn in baseball were a success.

Reactions: HuskrPowr
I heard a rumor that Osborne is not happy with Moos and is forcing him out. Osborne has made it known that he wants to be AD again to make sure Frost never gets fired. He wants to be AD until he is 105. That would guarantee that Frost would have a nice 25 year career here. My cousin also heard at the barber shop that once Osborne returns as AD he will fire Miles and hire Frank Solich as the new basketball coach.

and I'm glad people can give me 1 name (Devaney) in the past 100 years of coaches who've become successful ADs

Moos is an elite administrator and if he's forced out (again, I cannot think of one single reason for this), it's an indictment on a marshmallow soft fanbase that's fallen so far it wouldn't know success if it slapped them in the face.
kinda dum..How many people can even name successful ADs? The only ones we know about are those from NU...Alvarez, T.O, BD...2 of those were great coaches and ADs..T.O was decent but was constrained by a change in culture as the president wanted to be viewed as more than a football school. Sadly football drives your other sports and neglecting football for takes away press for your other teams.

Barry Alvarez

When the time comes we will get the BEST VB coach in the nation, we already pay the highest salary last time I checked.

I completely agree with this. Moos is doing awesome. The issues I see peeps complaining about is the “Instant gratifications” BS. No one ever wants to wait, they always want it right now. Like they are some in titled spoiled baby. And Cook BS.....that’s just not happening, its just stupid talk.

The problem with this is what you are basing your evaluation on. Do you REALLY know everything Moos has or has not done? We know the very public stuff but we can't judge his entire body of work based on the few public things we have seen or heard. There is always more going on under the surface.

You freaks are insufferable. I’m out. Try to enjoy life. Good bye.
tenor.gif

TO and Perlman navigated us to your BIG 10. Fan or not, that was some heavy lifting, and it set up your university for a very long time.

According to this article coaching is the number one route to becoming an athletic director. I’m not going to spend my time researching, but one would have to assume with former-coach athletic directors being the majority that some have had success. I think Moos is awesome, but I also think John Cook would be an excellent one as well. Could the stories about Moo’s drinking be more of an issue than thought. Moos was a 4-5 year hire anyway. Again, I like Moos. John Cook will be an awesome AD some day. Tamas will be at the top of our list when Cook retires some day.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/06/09/In-Depth/Wong-column.aspx
Devaney liked his beers...….what's the problem? AD Moos has done a good job.....what's wrong with some of you?

Reactions: Crushinator
Has it ever: ?? "best fans"......not sure about that....
Oh no... chipotlehusker isn’t sure if we are best fans... how will we survive?

Maybe, instead of being defined by chipotlehusker, we’ll listen to people outside of Iowa.

If you seen some of the BS posted and chatted about over the past few months, you’d see how hard it is to tell when it’s just talk or someone TRULY complaining. Being fair to myself, I didn’t say “the hole fan base” I’m just saying the OPs post was just wrong, period.
Devaney liked his beers...….what's the problem? AD Moos has done a good job.....what's wrong with some of you?
How do you equate anything I have said in this thread being against Moos. I pointed out that the majority of ADs were previously coaches after another poster ask for everyone to name an AD whom previously coached that was any good. Most people don’t know any ADs name, but rest assure w/o doing any research that the some of that majority hav been very successful. Saying John Cook would make a great AD isn’t an attack on Moos. Wondering if it has legs isn’t an attack either. We’re on a message board hypothesizing about a tweet. 95% of the fan base knows nothing of this. Outside of this board I’ve seen nothing about any of this. You and the other drama queens on here need to quit freaking out about discussing a tweet. Could this be true? If so, why? Would John Cook be a good AD? Hypothesizing about the answers to these questions are not an attack on Moos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT