Lots of rumors today

slwags

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2004
Moos selling his condo
John Cook handling Hoiberg and will be new AD
Tamas from Illinois to NU as VB coach.

Severe now tweeting this as well

I mean, if we get Hoiberg and a highly successful coach takes over for Bill Moos, is that really that bad?

Yes. Please list the 'really successful' coaches who've gone on to have impactful careers as administrators. I'll wait......

Moos is the man and if you want him out start cheering for Iowa.

All depends. Would Cook have retired regardless of being tapped as AD? Would Moos have been forced out even without an inside hire in Cook to replace him?

People are treating it like they voluntarily scrapped an elite VB coach to become an unproven AD and threw out a good AD for no reason. It may be the case that he was done coaching regardless and Moos was being forced out regardless.

All depends. Would Cook have retired regardless of being tapped as AD? Would Moos have been forced out even without an inside hire in Cook to replace him?

People are treating it like they voluntarily scrapped an elite VB coach to become an unproven AD and threw out a good AD for no reason. It may be the case that he was done coaching regardless and Moos was being forced out regardless.

why on earth would Moos be forced out?

and I'm glad people can give me 1 name (Devaney) in the past 100 years of coaches who've become successful ADs

TO- not successful. sorry.

Moos is an elite administrator and if he's forced out (again, I cannot think of one single reason for this), it's an indictment on a marshmallow soft fanbase that's fallen so far it wouldn't know success if it slapped them in the face.

and I'm glad people can give me 1 name (Devaney) in the past 100 years of coaches who've become successful ADs

Moos is an elite administrator and if he's forced out (again, I cannot think of one single reason for this), it's an indictment on a marshmallow soft fanbase that's fallen so far it wouldn't know success if it slapped them in the face.
See my reply to your post in the other thread.

According to this article coaching is the number one route to becoming an athletic director. I’m not going to spend my time researching, but one would have to assume with former-coach athletic directors being the majority that some have had success. I think Moos is awesome, but I also think John Cook would be an excellent one as well. Could the stories about Moo’s drinking be more of an issue than thought. Moos was a 4-5 year hire anyway. Again, I like Moos. John Cook will be an awesome AD some day. Tamas will be at the top of our list when Cook retires some day.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/06/09/In-Depth/Wong-column.aspx

Reactions: TheBeav815
According to this article coaching is the number one route to becoming an athletic director. I’m not going to spend my time researching, but one would have to assume with former-coach athletic directors being the majority that some have had success. I think Moos is awesome, but I also think John Cook would be an excellent one as well. Could the stories about Moo’s drinking be more of an issue than thought. Moos was a 4-5 year hire anyway. Again, I like Moos. John Cook will be an awesome AD some day. Tamas will be at the top of our list when Cook retires some day.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/06/09/In-Depth/Wong-column.aspx

this article, from 2014, says the number of former coaches put into admin positions is rapidly declining. I wonder why?

5 years later, we hardly ever hear about these people being elevated to the position. how strange!

Really? I have all the respect in the world for Cook, but AD seems like a job he would absolutely hate.
I think Cook would love being about to mentor coaches (just as he does with volleyball). But the main administrative duties would likely be a grind.

this article, from 2014, says the number of former coaches put into admin positions is rapidly declining. I wonder why?

5 years later, we hardly ever hear about these people being elevated to the position. how strange!
Name 6 current athletic directors not employed in Nebraska without googling it.

You don't hear about it because you don't hear about ADs at all until there's a scandal at their school.

Maybe...but I think for the most part an AD at a school like NU only hates his job when football sucks and he hired that football coach.
I just don't see Cook having a lot of patience for the 24/7/365 booster schmooze. But I don't know him personally, so I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: saluno22

Relax man. The majority of athletic directors were once coaches. The odds would be in favor of there being successful former-coach athletic directors. This is a fact. Not an attack on Moos or you. It’s not a suggestion that Moos should be fired. Just because us message boarders are discussing a tweet doesn’t mean the lynch mob is at the gates. There certainly could be behind the scene issues. There were rumors in November about his drinking. Referencing an article from 5 years ago is pretty outdated though. The evolution and turnover has probably been monumental over a five year period.

I completely agree with this. Moos is doing awesome. The issues I see peeps complaining about is the “Instant gratifications” BS. No one ever wants to wait, they always want it right now. Like they are some in titled spoiled baby. And Cook BS.....that’s just not happening, its just stupid talk.

I completely agree with this. Moos is doing awesome. The issues I see peeps complaining about is the “Instant gratifications” BS. No one ever wants to wait, they always want it right now. Like they are some in titled spoiled baby. And Cook BS.....that’s just not happening, its just stupid talk.
Let’s not turn a tweet from a single person and our discussion about it into our entire fan base is running Moos out of town. 90% of the fan base doesn’t even know Moos is the AD. Of course us message boarders do, but we’re a little more fanatical. If Moos was gone it wouldn’t be b/c of his ability as an athletic director. There were rumors.

Moos selling his condo
John Cook handling Hoiberg and will be new AD
Tamas from Illinois to NU as VB coach.

Severe now tweeting this as well

Moose has said publicly on the radio he was going to put up his condo for sale so he and his wife could buy a bigger place so they could do more entertaining.

As far as everything else I have no idea.

Let’s not turn a tweet from a single person and our discussion about it into our entire fan base is running Moos out of town. 90% of the fan base doesn’t even know Moos is the AD. Of course us message boarders do, but we’re a little more fanatical. If Moos was gone it wouldn’t be b/c of his ability as an athletic director. There were rumors.
If you seen some of the BS posted and chatted about over the past few months, you’d see how hard it is to tell when it’s just talk or someone TRULY complaining. Being fair to myself, I didn’t say “the hole fan base” I’m just saying the OPs post was just wrong, period.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Moose has said publicly on the radio he was going to put up his condo for sale so he and his wife could buy a bigger place so they could do more entertaining.

As far as everything else I have no idea.
Can somebody find out who provides his TV, like Dish, Directv, Charter, etc. and find out if he placed a change of address or flat out cancelled it? That would help provide critical information to the many inquiring minds.

Reactions: TheNewNU
ADVERTISEMENT