ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of offers

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Is it just me or does it seem that this staff is throwing out offers like beads at mardi gras? Not saying good or bad just an observation. Maybe it is a normal amount and we are just finding out about them because this staff is an open book compared to the last staff.

Any opinions? I take it one of 3 ways.
1. They are desperate to snag anybody they can, so they are throwing offers at any and everyone in hopes the sheer numbers will get them a few descent recruits.
2 They are one heck of a motivated/hard working group of coaches and honestly believe they can land many ofthe guys they are giving offers to.
3. This is completely norm all schools and th past coaching staff give out a ton of offers. We are just hearing about it now.

I am hoping it is the 2nd option. I hope we can get a solid recruiting class this year and build from there.

Mostly #3, a bit of #2. I think most programs put out a large amount of offers like that knowing full well that most of the guys will commit elsewhere, but if you don't offer him, he won't think you're serious.

Is it just me or does it seem that this staff is throwing out offers like beads at mardi gras? Not saying good or bad just an observation. Maybe it is a normal amount and we are just finding out about them because this staff is an open book compared to the last staff.

Any opinions? I take it one of 3 ways.
1. They are desperate to snag anybody they can, so they are throwing offers at any and everyone in hopes the sheer numbers will get them a few descent recruits.
2 They are one heck of a motivated/hard working group of coaches and honestly believe they can land many ofthe guys they are giving offers to.
3. This is completely norm all schools and th past coaching staff give out a ton of offers. We are just hearing about it now.

I am hoping it is the 2nd option. I hope we can get a solid recruiting class this year and build from there.

Riley and staff appear to much more proactive than the prior staff. I`m leaning more towards #2.

ADVERTISEMENT