ADVERTISEMENT

Losing Simmons was huge.

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Mainly because he was in our own backyard... We never lost recruits like this back in the day...

Only way to start fixing this is start winning again that means winning the B1G West and playing in the CCG.:mad:

Mainly because he was in our own backyard... We never lost recruits like this back in the day...

Only way to start fixing this is start winning again that meaning winning the B1G West and playing in the CCG.:mad:
Ummmm he was never ours to lose. Not getting him is a bummer but oh well.

Reactions: leodisflowers

Only way to start fixing this is start winning again that meaning winning the B1G West and playing in the CCG.:mad:
Don't disagree, but how often do we take #1 players at their position out of coastal states? That doesn't happen too often either. We need to get guys like Simmons. They have to see Nebraska as THE place again, and winning takes care of a lot of that.

But... I am pretty proud of what the coaches have pulled in. There were some swing and misses, but also some home runs. Let's get more home runs next year!

Reactions: scarletred

Only way to start fixing this is start winning again that means winning the B1G West and playing in the CCG.:mad:
We lost a kid to a team that just played in the National title game. It sucks but this class is one of our best classes in years. GBR

Reactions: northeastNebraska
We lost a kid to a team that just played in the National title game. It sucks but this class is one of our best classes in years. GBR

Not disagreeing with that I like our class... But losing a kid of this caliber so close to home hurts... Hopefully in the future we can start getting the ones close to home...

Not faulting him that he went to Clemson wish him the very best.

Dear Scarletred,

Gale Sayers
Barry Sanders

Should I stop at two Hall of Famers or keep going?

Sincerely,
Scott Frost
Parade All American

We have won way more than we have lost but ya I could add Larry Station etc etc...
Devaney just arrived in Lincoln in 1962 had he had more time to recruit him plus Nebraska was not a winner at the time.
Frost transferred back.

We have won way more than we have lost but ya I could add Larry Station etc etc...
Devaney just arrived in Lincoln in 1962 had he had more time to recruit him plus Nebraska was not a winner at the time.
Frost transferred back.

Perfect. Before you drink the hemlock tonight, remember that Simmons might transfer back too.

Reactions: HuskerO
We never lost recruits like this back in the day....

Ummm-No.jpg

I remember noter dame taking a high ranked played from creighton prep when DR. Tom was around.

Would have LOVED to have Simmons. Kids a player. I don't feel at all bad about the future of the WR position though.

Paging Key Jr and McQuitty, hopefully in about a months time. Hopefully we are "full" at WR early and Williams can flex over to help reel in DT's/JUCOs/high pri guys.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
Ummmm he was never ours to lose. Not getting him is a bummer but oh well.

This. I'm no insider, but I live here in Olathe so when it comes to high profile guys in the surrounding areas (i.e. Darren Sproles, Bubba Starling, etc) news travels fast. From day one he hasn't been that high on us. He has family that was pushing him to NU, but from everything I've heard around the city he really was never a strong NU lean. Therefore he was never really ours to lose. Sucks that we couldn't land him, but it sounds to me as though it was a long shot anyway.

This. I'm no insider, but I live here in Olathe so when it comes to high profile guys in the surrounding areas (i.e. Darren Sproles, Bubba Starling, etc) news travels fast. From day one he hasn't been that high on us. He has family that was pushing him to NU, but from everything I've heard around the city he really was never a strong NU lean. Therefore he was never really ours to lose. Sucks that we couldn't land him, but it sounds to me as though it was a long shot anyway.

Thanks for the info.... The staff worked very hard for his services.

Thanks for the info.... The staff worked very hard for his services.
He would have been a great pick up for a year or two down the road but IMO he wasn't an immediate need. We can ease the sting of not getting him by picking up a big time WR next year.

ADVERTISEMENT