ADVERTISEMENT

Looky .... looky ... Lukey

How does the transfer portal have anything to do with Bamas dominance? If anything it’s good for parody. In majority of cases players moving from larger programs to smaller programs to have a chance to play.

I didn't say it had anything to do with Bama's dominance. It's just another reason why I'm becoming apathetic towards college football.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I think you were right about Frost being too close to the program to think clearly, too

when you publicly admit you see yourself in your struggling QB over and over, you paint yourself into a corner where feelings > logic
It's very unfortunate that the program has to pay the price for this. And sure Frost is human, it makes sense for him to not be 100% objective, but this is probably even harder to do at your alma mater.

Luke wants to play QB. I think the coaching staff told him he's better suited on this team at another position. It is what it is.

Based on what exactly? Our lame duck coach was beating the “Luke is a QB” pretty hard recently yet behind close doors he’s pushing Luke to move positions? Makes sense.

Funny that they recruit a QB who is not a D-1 QB, Smothers who will struggle to throw, and an incoming QB who is a major project putting it lightly. Offensive genius and Verduzco falling flat on their face per usual.

What a disaster. There is something truly broken in this program when all of the talented players keep leaving.

Luke should have never been a QB. This is on Frost for recruiting an “athlete” and turning him into a QB. We need to get real signal callers that can throw. And I agree, we do have big issues on the offensive side of things.

I could pretty easily make a case for why Frost would double down on Luke being a quarterback… Even if he knew McCaffrey was leaving because he told him to play a different position, this at least sets the stage for other landing spots that will look at him as a QB.

all cheerleading aside, I hope our old line blows people out this fall so that we don’t have to rely on Martinez and his decision-making.

Luke should have never been a QB. This is on Frost for recruiting an “athlete” and turning him into a QB. We need to get real signal callers that can throw. And I agree, we do have big issues on the offensive side of things.

There was a 4-star QB right in Frost's backyard (Duggan), but he went harder after McCaffrey, who had not even played QB before his senior year of high school.

There was a 4-star QB right in Frost's backyard (Duggan), but he went harder after McCaffrey, who had not even played QB before his senior year of high school.

Yep I agree! I think Duggan was set on TCU by the time Frost arrived. But again, why hasn’t Frost recruited anyone who would challenge AMart? Now we’re stuck in a mess where all of our eggs are on the AMart train.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Correct - a man would apologize for bashing someone, especially when they themselves were the one who was wrong.

Maybe, but a man wouldn't come onto a message board to demand an apology over some on-line words. Looks like neither of you are a man.

Yep I agree! I think Duggan was set on TCU by the time Frost arrived. But again, why hasn’t Frost recruited anyone who would challenge AMart? Now we’re stuck in a mess where all of our eggs are on the AMart train.
1l3.gif

Martinez is better than Luke. Neither are very good.
martinez is poisoning the watering hole

mccaffrey was liked, players played hard & fast behind him

AM is a leech, sucking the offense dry while putting more fans/coaches under his spell of Stockholm Syndrome

If he wants to be a QB better that he leave now. If Luke McCaffrey turns into a good passing QB anywhere else you can color me shocked. He was atrocious in the passing game this year. Kid is a waste of a scholarship at QB.

He's an excellent athlete and terrible QB IMO, he'd have been special in Osborne's offense. This is exactly why Haarberg wasn't enough at QB for this cycle and I said all along they should take 2 QBs.

think in one hand, sh*t in the other.....

adrian martinez sucks so much nobody wants to play with him

cannot wait until his ass is gone

I’m fairly convinced AM doesn’t have the capacity or awareness for the well-being of his WRs when he hangs them out to dry. You could tell early in their careers when AM would toss the ball to Wandale in the flat when there’s clearly 2-3 defenders running full speed at Wandale to annihilate him, and then they do!

AM would lead Wrs into a wood chipper if he could, and not be aware on why that’s bad

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I’m fairly convinced AM doesn’t have the capacity or awareness for the well-being of his WRs when he hangs them out to dry. You could tell early in their careers when AM would toss the ball to Wandale in the flat when there’s clearly 2-3 defenders running full speed at Wandale to annihilate him, and then they do!

AM would lead Wrs into a wood chipper if he could, and not be aware on why that’s bad

Yeah, I felt bad for JD the previous year. Hung out to dry.

Reactions: vs540husker
Luke wants to play QB. I think the coaching staff told him he's better suited on this team at another position. It is what it is.

Exactly now he can go compete with his brother at Northern Colorado in his fathers team...

Sometimes people use the word excuse and it seems like they don't know what it means. Would not being the starting QB and not wanting to wait possibly two more years to even get a shot be an "excuse'? Backup QB's are transferring all over CFB.
Yep and our staff is left hanging out to dry because they don't look at a single transfer qb, and they're dumb enough to believe kids have any loyalty anymore.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Frost almost has to keep losing at this point, I haven’t seen the fan base this happy in years. The enjoyment the fans get out of doom, gloom and hatred will never be outdone by winning....

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT