ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the Pats have signed up for another disappointing season....

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
I guess Jimmy G wasn't available? Not that he would have been any better but he does have a better track record with Bill...

When these signings happen I always look at it through the eyes of the coordinators who have to face 'em, and the other GM's in their division, and owners. Today I'm thinking they're all happy. Much like the NFC east brass.

I guess Jimmy G wasn't available? Not that he would have been any better but he does have a better track record with Bill...

When these signings happen I always look at it through the eyes of the coordinators who have to face 'em, and the other GM's in their division, and owners. Today I'm thinking they're all happy. Much like the NFC east brass.
The QB carousel isn't done turning yet. Then there will be some guys traded after the draft shakes out. I suspect the Pats have their options open still. Cam might be an insurance policy if the guy they draft isn't ready early in the fall. Bill should have retired when Brady left. His ego wanted to prove that he could win without Tom and maybe when they get some of their COVID opt outs back on defense they will. Teams with franchise QBs are going to have a tough time fielding a team with the salary cap issues those QBs cause their roster.

The QB carousel isn't done turning yet. Then there will be some guys traded after the draft shakes out. I suspect the Pats have their options open still. Cam might be an insurance policy if the guy they draft isn't ready early in the fall. Bill should have retired when Brady left. His ego wanted to prove that he could win without Tom and maybe when they get some of their COVID opt outs back on defense they will. Teams with franchise QBs are going to have a tough time fielding a team with the salary cap issues those QBs cause their roster.
Bill needs an Urban Meyer health emergency to allow him to gracefully bow out. No QB = no post season glory.

Bill won't be around long enough for his drafted QB to be a difference maker. Pats should have thrown the book at San Fran for Jimmy G, again I ain't saying it's a perfect scenario but at least there is hope there. Cam has been shit for years, you know what he's going to give you, shit. Jimmy G at least gives you hope.

Edit-Shit might be to strong of a word, but I ain't that far off.

Bill won't be around long enough for his drafted QB to be a difference maker. Pats should have thrown the book at San Fran for Jimmy G, again I ain't saying it's a perfect scenario but at least there is hope there. Cam has been shit for years, you know what he's going to give you, shit. Jimmy G at least gives you hope.

Edit-Shit might be to strong of a word, but I ain't that far off.
I agree that Cam isn't great, but I don't think they're done yet. Cam's contract is cheap for a starting QB and they can cut him in camp if they want. Other teams are having to cut lots of guys due to the lowered salary cap this year. Somebody is going to become available and depending on the draft it still could be Jimmy G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT