ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like San Diego State Backed Out

HuskerFan31

Administrator
Sep 10, 2006
Our schedule on Huskers.com says TBA March 4-6 and they are now playing Arizona State on those dates.

That’s too bad. Can’t say I don’t blame them. Wonder if we will now go on the road or settle for a lesser opponent to play here that weekend.

We will be experiencing a La Nina event this winter and that tends to lead to a late spring, so it may not matter.

Well that stinks. Lose a home series, and have to hit the road and play against two bad teams.

Huskers Announce 2022 Schedule Change

The Husker baseball program announced a schedule change for the 2022 season on Wednesday.

Originally set for a home series with San Diego State, the Huskers venture to Arlington, Texas, for four games in two days on March 4-5. The Big Red play Northwestern State and UT Arlington on Friday, before a rematch with both teams on Saturday to wrap up the weekend’s action.

Nebraska opens the 2022 campaign with a three-game series at Sam Houston on Feb. 18-20 in Huntsville, Texas.

NU is coming off a 2021 season highlighted by a 34-14 record (31-12 Big Ten), a regular-season conference title and its first NCAA Regional Final appearance since 2007.

Not a fan of 4 games in 2 days.

Especially when your RPI doesn’t care how you lose to a lower RPI team. At least it is on a neutral field against Northwestern State and on the road against UC Arlington so it doesn’t hurt as much if you do lose. It’ll really test the pitching staff early in the year.

Ima gonna call that 4 Ws.
Not a fan of 4 games in 2 days.

I'm not a fan of 3 games on the first weekend of March in Lincoln. Happy we're playing those games down south.
Spent to many times freezing my butt off watching a summer sport.
I love the huskers, sure would be nice to watch more home games in April and May.
Would be nice if the big would schedule one conference series down south for all teams early in the season.
Anyway I can hardly to go to a game. Got all my cold weather gear ready.⚾️
GBR!

Tough crowd. April & May has 18 of 31 games in Lincoln plus the B1G tournament 50 minutes up the road. Schedule is favorable in 2022.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I'm not a fan of 3 games on the first weekend of March in Lincoln. Happy we're playing those games down south.
Spent to many times freezing my butt off watching a summer sport.
I love the huskers, sure would be nice to watch more home games in April and May.
Would be nice if the big would schedule one conference series down south for all teams early in the season.
Anyway I can hardly to go to a game. Got all my cold weather gear ready.⚾️
GBR!
I was in favor of a team from Southern California coming to Nebraska in early March. My comfort as a fan is secondary to weather potentially providing an advantage for the home team. Four games in Arlington is a definite downgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT