ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Frosty can add a NC to his already impressive resume!

Wyldcard

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018
Not only did Frost do something no other coach in history has ever been able to do by taking a winless team to going undefeated in 2 years, now the NCAA recognizes UCF as National Champions in 2017 on top of everything!.

Football Writers ( Grantland Rice Trophy)

Has anyone ever seen any of these Trophy’s in our Trophy case?

I know I haven’t...

Reactions: SOHusker11
You know me. I don't recognize any NC other than the coaches or the writers. Outside of the crystal ball you aint got squat.

I feel the same way on this subject....

Ohio St and texass claming the National title in 1970 is no different than if Nebraska would have claimed the 1983 National title..

I feel the same way on this subject....

Ohio St and texass claming the National title in 1970 is no different than if Nebraska would have claimed the 1983 National title..

I'll give it to them if was the UPI or AP. That's the way it was before the BCS and the current playoffs. I think that they need to go to an 8 team tourney. If that was done you wouldn't leave out a UCF. However, not playing playing a P5 schedule and beating one team is not the same as winning P5 conference and a couple of playoff games. Doesn't mean I don't love Frost.

It is my understanding the NCAA does not officially endorse any championship team. NCAA football is the only sport the NCAA does not sanction a yearly championship event. They just document the claims from other sources, be it polls or teams claiming it themselves.

I'll give it to them if was the UPI or AP. That's the way it was before the BCS and the current playoffs. I think that they need to go to an 8 team tourney. If that was done you wouldn't leave out a UCF. However, not playing playing a P5 schedule and beating one team is not the same as winning P5 conference and a couple of playoff games. Doesn't mean I don't love Frost.

Which Ohio St didn’t the NFF did.:rolleyes:

That gets transferred to Nebraska with him, right? So now we have 8?

No but that UCF squad could've and very well likely would've beaten Alabama as UCF was the best team in the nation last year! I don't care what conference they played in and don't say Auburn had nothing to play for as they didn't make the playoffs! That excuse is for losers. Fact is UCF beat a team that was better at the end of the year than they were at the beginning of it., the same team that beat both Alabama and Georgia last year and both of those teams played in the title game. Just sayin!

Football Writers ( Grantland Rice Trophy)

Has anyone ever seen any of these Trophy’s in our Trophy case?

I know I haven’t...

I may not remember this right, but the Grantland Rice trophy is named after a famous sports writer, I think, in the early 20th century and is given to the National champion declared by the Football Writers Association of America . The trophy was given from 1954 to 2013, according to wikipedia. Actually, NU got 4. Looked it up and they got all but 97 when they gave it to michigan.

Last edited:
However, not playing playing a P5 schedule and beating one team is not the same as winning P5 conference and a couple of playoff games. Doesn't mean I don't love Frost.
current champ didn’t win a P5 conf either, nor even play in it. So obviously not a criteria :p

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
No but that UCF squad could've and very well likely would've beaten Alabama as UCF was the best team in the nation last year! I don't care what conference they played in and don't say Auburn had nothing to play for as they didn't make the playoffs! That excuse is for losers. Fact is UCF beat a team that was better at the end of the year than they were at the beginning of it., the same team that beat both Alabama and Georgia last year and both of those teams played in the title game. Just sayin!

Thing is it never happened. I don't care if Scott Frost was coaching them.

I may not remember this right, but the Grantland Rice trophy is named after a famous sports writer, I think, in the early 20th century and is given to the National champion declared by the Football Writers Association of America . The trophy was given from 1954 to 2013, according to wikipedia. Actually, NU got 4. Looked it up and they got all but 97 when they gave it to michigan.

Yes, I’m aware of all of this but my point is I have never seen any of the Grantland Rice Trophy’s in the Trophy case. Because if there was Trophy’s made you think Nebraska would showcase them Right..

Thanks.. Looks like we have no other choice than to accept this as a valid National Title. Someone had better get on the horn to Nick Saban.

Thanks.. Looks like we have no other choice than to accept this as a valid National Title. Someone had better get on the horn to Nick Saban.
The NCAA has it listed in their records, all of the other teams who self claimed NC's aren't anywhere to be found in the NCAA records. This is the NCAA, not Grantland Rice.

My point is it did happen as far as the ncaa's concerned. Alabama still officially are the National Champion as far as the AP wire and the coaches poll and NCAA record book goes are the 2017 national champions

You know me. I don't recognize any NC other than the coaches or the writers. Outside of the crystal ball you aint got squat.

Until there is a legitimate system in place, I don't recognize national champions unless they are undefeated.

Until there is a legitimate system in place, I don't recognize national champions unless they are undefeated.
1998 Tulane, 1999 Marshall, 2004 & 2008 Utah, 2006 & 2009 Boise St and 2010 TCU should all be considered National Champs?

Thing is it never happened. I don't care if Scott Frost was coaching them.
Yes, I’m aware of all of this but my point is I have never seen any of the Grantland Rice Trophy’s in the Trophy case. Because if there was Trophy’s made you think Nebraska would showcase them Right..

You would think so. Could it be one of those floating trophies? I doubt it, but don't know. That trophy looks to be about 2 feet high. Does the Athletic dept have several trophy cases? NU has gone to 53 bowl games and won a large number of them. The trophies must be somewhere. I guess someone would have to ask the Athletic dept. I'll try to email them.

Reactions: scarletred
Good for Frosty Pooky Wooky Shnookums (it seems that baby talk is the thing here now).

Maybe it's a recruiting strategy? I assume most people like a good Wendy's Frosty. Maybe it's recruitment by association?
Ok I'll change it to the retarded chat room/message board lingo then HCSF

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT