ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Ed Stewart will be the next AD at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality = he is highly qualified for the job. He is the guy in charge of football for the Big 12 and for some dumb reason some people think that is an assistant job.

All of the other stuff about 7 years of experience in an athletic department, committees, etc, etc, etc, are benefits.

This hire has nothing to do with moving to the Big 12. Has nothing to do with having black skin. Has nothing to do with Moos doing anything illegal.

Moos told his bosses he will retire soon, bosses went out and started talking to people for his replacement, and now they have their guy and Moos was told to retire. It happens in professional sports and the business world.
Moos didn't tell his bosses he was retiring soon. He was forced out. Dude had an issue and went to treatment to help the issue. Not much longer down the road the issue came back in full force and he was basically forced out.

I guess we will have to disagree. Ed currently has a much bigger job and is extremely qualified. But honestly, that is the conversation, not the other nonsense.
He's more qualified to be the BIG commissioner than Nebraska AD right now IMO. 2 totally different skill sets. Ed has business, negotiating, operations experience but hasn't hired any coaches or done fundraising ect.

Anyone who has a questionable comment from their past? We are hiring an AD here and you are worried about something his wife said in a private phone conversation 20 years ago? How is hiring an AD a political issue to you?

Again, it's about way more than just a word his wife said. It's the fact that Ed and his wife seemed to be trying to take down the athletic director and basketball coaching staff of the athletic department he worked at....based on accusations from the ex-girlfriend of a student-athlete who was in jail for assault. It was a huge scandal at Mizzou.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Again, it's about way more than just a word his wife said. It's the fact that Ed and his wife seemed to be trying to take down the athletic director and basketball coaching staff of the athletic department he worked at....based on accusations from the girlfriend of a student-athlete who was in jail for assault. It was a huge scandal at Mizzou.
I wold overlook that if he already had solid AD experience hiring winning coaches and negotiating shedules ect. But he doesn't have any AD experience as a head man (sorry meant person, or thing, or it, or transperson thing).

I stand corrected. Nebraska has done such an outstanding job hiring athletic directors and head football coaches since 1993 their model should be emulated by all other schools.

Give ME a break.
That model already is emulated by all other schools.

You can tell who the shit-stirrers are when they try to claim "cracker" is some highly offensive racial term. As a matter of fact I was just telling my wife over breakfast this morning that Ed Stewart has some crackers shaking on the Husker Board just from the thought of him being hired as athletic director.

You can tell who the shit-stirrers are when they try to claim "cracker" is some highly offensive racial term. As a matter of fact I was just telling my wife over breakfast this morning that Ed Stewart has some crackers shaking on the Husker Board just from the thought of him being hired as athletic director.
Isn't "Cracker" a derogatory insulting racists based name? I guess it's ok than if used towards certain people.

You can tell who the shit-stirrers are when they try to claim "cracker" is some highly offensive racial term. As a matter of fact I was just telling my wife over breakfast this morning that Ed Stewart has some crackers shaking on the Husker Board just from the thought of him being hired as athletic that would director.
Agree. Now, had she said "peckerwood", that would be a different story.

C'mon now, if we want equity, feigning outrage over a benign comment or action should be accessible to all

I love that the same people that constantly complain about "cancel culture" and people being too "woke" are trying to make it a big deal that this guy allegedly used the term "cracker" in a private conversation with his wife over 20 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT