Looking for positives

baseball31ne

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 8, 2002
Against the #3 team in the nation at their place with a backup and 3rd team QB
-4 accepted penalties
-0 turnovers, recovered both fumbles
-2 sacks allowed and 2 sacks on defense

it isn’t much and I know the usual crowd will do their thing but small positives are just that

-4 accepted penalties

it isn’t much and I know the usual crowd will do their thing but small positives are just that
I had to go sing at my church so I missed the 2nd half😏

-4 accepted penalties

Not to burst your bubble, but do you know they had a 3rd string TE, 2 other started out after 5 min in the game, 2 started on defense out. Sat many others.it could have been 60-3. They openly said they were going to work on their pass game in the first half. But we are real close LOl.

Not to burst your bubble, but do you know they had a 3rd string TE, 2 other started out after 5 min in the game, 2 started on defense out. Sat many others.it could have been 60-3. They openly said they were going to work on their pass game in the first half. But we are real close LOl.
Pretty sure those Michigan players that left the game were replaced with solid, highly regarded backups.

No bubble to burst, honestly Stating things that were positives of the game. Thanks for your detailed report of the players who didn’t play or play much.

#15 was about it.
I guess Purdy's play was serviceable, which was a huge improvement over godawful.
#44 had a nice sack.
Our pass coverage was reasonably good too.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Like him or not, Whip showed he is a pretty tough old bugger!

Not going for the 4th & 1 in the first in the 1st quarter down by 7, makes the decision to open the search much easier. Nothing to lose by going for it.

Not to burst your bubble but:
NU has an interim head coach and defensive coordinator. They lost their OC during the game to injury. That's not something you even have a contingency for.
Backfield:
Probably our best rb in Allen, definitely our only gamebreaker.
Top two quarterbacks on a team with only one legit qb.
Ervin had a few carries but struggling with injuries all year.
Offensive line.
Our two best offensive lineman and most talented tight end.

On defense it's not a hospital like offense but we had one starter suspended.

With Thompson NU was averaging 27 points per game. Without him we are a nation's worst 8 points per game. Michigan beat an empty shell.
Congratulations!

I will say, at least from a TV view Michigan fans seemed aware of the situation and didn't act like they were winning the superbowl. I don't recall NU ever being a 30+ dog. This was not going to be a very good team regardless but this hard luck story is nearly unmatched.

-4 accepted penalties

How far are we've fallen.

-4 accepted penalties

The positive is that this disaster of a season will be over soon.

it is pretty simple, we cant block, we cant tackle, we cant catch the gd football and we have no spirit. i would almost bet money that these players are on the take.

First game I didn't watch in several decades. Had family members visiting from out of town. Normally I would have had us all sit down and watch it, even though they are not big college football fans.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT